Halo Legends Special Edition (Best Buy Exclusive) Blu-ray & DVD SteelBook™

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#1 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

Best Buy is getting Halo Legends Special Edition Blu-ray & DVD SteelBook™ on February 16, 2010 for $29.99 (Blu-ray) & $18.99 (DVD). The SKU # is 9741277 for Blu-ray & 9741213 for DVD. Thanks to kaliraver69 for the finding!

Posted Image

Blu-ray - $25.99
Posted Image

DVD - $18.99
Posted Image

Edited by iNCREDiPiNOY, 14 February 2010 - 07:16 AM.

#2 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

Ugh, damn it. I'm trying to save money and put off buying movies but these steelbooks keep pullin me in.

#3 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Nice, and I thought I was going to have to import the UK one.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#4 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

If this goes like the Hurt Locker scenario, it'll be listed at $29.99 and go on sale on release week for $24.99.

Not showing up on BB.com when searched by SKU # or "halo legends".

Currently, there's a single disc DVD, a 2-disc SE DVD and the BR version.

#5 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:26 AM

so are the steelbooks already on the shelves? or will they only pop up when released on tuesday?
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#6 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

Looks like Bestbuy keeps getting all these steelbooks, now i got to add this to the list.
And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#7 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

might pick this one up
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

so are the steelbooks already on the shelves? or will they only pop up when released on tuesday?

It's probably like they did for Hurt Locker, it's an exclusive BB item and not a pre-order bonus.

I'd check on BB.com for it being available online.

#9 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:58 AM

5 to 1 says it's a DVD sized case lol oh well I'll end up getting it anyway. I wonder if these are also going to be hard to get like the Hurt Locker. My BB only had 1 Steelbook and 2 reg's of that movie the day that I went in.

#10 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

Damn it! I was going to wait till I can get the movie for cheap but now I'll have to be there on Tuesday morning to pick one up.

#11 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

I hope they more then just two per store like they did with the hurt locker (which I was not able to get).

#12 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Getting thisssss. Anyone have any pics of the steelbook artage? (if its different)

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#13 LeRoy

LeRoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

Might have to pick this one up at BB when this comes out.
Posted Image

#14 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

This is the one from Germany, I'm assuming we'll be getting the same one:

Posted Image

#15 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

That's pretty.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#16 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

Ehh looks a little ......

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

#17 Zillions

Zillions

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:47 AM

Hmm maybe it's just me but I can't find it on BB site and it has the EXACT same picture as the one at amazon. I thought the trend for steelbooks was to have a different cover?

#18 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:11 AM

If this is true, i'll have to buy it.

Damn you iNCREDiPiNOY

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#19 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:12 AM

Hmm maybe it's just me but I can't find it on BB site and it has the EXACT same picture as the one at amazon. I thought the trend for steelbooks was to have a different cover?

This isn't up yet, give it another week or 2. Looks like Futureshop is getting these too. Bauna has no info on this whether if is steelbook or ironpak.

#20 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:26 AM

Anyone know yet if these are DVD or Blu sized?

518793.png

#21 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

Dont know how you guys justify the price on these as awesome as they are.

#22 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

Steelbooks are usually worth more in the long run. They tend to hold there value.

518793.png

#23 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:47 AM

Any possibility this will be Blu/DVD or a combo? I'm still in SD, and can't justify ugrading just yet. God, I want that bad!!!!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#24 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:19 AM

Most tend to go up in value pretty quick. The Futureshop 'I Am Legend' Steelbook goes for over $200 on eBay.

#25 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

If it's double-dipping, like they did on the Pixar/Disney steelbooks this holiday season, that's a tough one to swallow.

If you're going to be picking one up and you don't already own it, it's something to decide if you're willing to pay the price now for the movie on release instead of waiting later when it'll drop in price. I picked up the BB steelbook for Hurt Locker, though I was planning to get it anyway, so that was an easy decision.

The whole "import from Canada from FutureShop" of "import from Germany/some other country" situation when you're paying 2-3x the normal cost of the money, that's not for me. Cool stuff, though not my cup of tea.

#26 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

plus if you import, you are inherently getting something un-American. not that it matters in a 'pride' sort of sense, but more like their language and callouts and logos are all different. I'd figure if you went for those, you'd have to go for all of them..which is insane!

#27 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

The whole "import from Canada from FutureShop" of "import from Germany/some other country" situation when you're paying 2-3x the normal cost of the money, that's not for me. Cool stuff, though not my cup of tea.

Ditto. I only pick up the American released Steels on Blu... which are so far the 9 Bond Movies, This is It, The Hurt Locker, and the 11 Disneys... and as it looks New Moon & Halo Legends.

#28 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Ditto. I only pick up the American released Steels on Blu... which are so far the 9 Bond Movies, This is It, The Hurt Locker, and the 11 Disneys... and as it looks New Moon & Halo Legends.

I passed on the Bond steelbooks, since I had the first six non-steelbooks from Amazon for $6 each during BF 2008, so I couldn't justify going with some with and some without, especially if we're not sure when they'd be doing the rest of them and if they're going to do any more in the future.

The Disney ones, I only did Up and Sleeping Beauty from the BB pre-orders, the rest of them would have been double-dips for me, so I was going to pass.

If there's more in the future I'd be interested in, like Halo Legends, then I'd look into getting it. Otherwise, I'm passing.

#29 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

Bumping this back up since it releases next week.

BB page for the BluRay hasn't been updated with the steelbook packaging info yet, so keep an eye out for it.

Link to the item page:
http://www.bestbuy.c...gends&lp=3&cp=1

SKU # is 9717235, if the above link doesn't work for some reason.

#30 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

"Fullscreen"...that has to be a mistake right? The DVD versions have "Fullscreen" on the description as well.