Sly Cooper: $7.33

http://www.amazon.co...F8&s=videogames

Sly 3: $9.49

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: $10.95

Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts: $11.99

I also saw Raditia Stories for $9.99 @ Walmart.

Toys R Us YMMV

Sly 1: $9.99
Sly 2: $9.99
Sly 3: $9.99
We Love Katamari: $9.99

I was looking for some new PS2 game and I saw a few deals, thought I'd share. (damn enter button)

Edited by KillerRamen, 19 January 2010 - 12:04 AM.
Added More Games

#2 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Rogue Galaxy is most likely $9.99 at F.Y.E./Sam Goody stores- that's how much it is at mine. And DQVIII and Radiata Stories were $7 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday- that's probably why the OP spotted it at $10. I would say as far as stock goes, though, it's a bit YMMV.

Call of Duty and Sly seem to be steals at those prices, though! Thanks, OP. :D

#3 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Bought Rogue Galaxy for $15 on impulse about a year ago. I told one of the message boards on GameFAQs about it and they all advised against it. Apparently it reeeeeally drags.

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#4 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

Bought Rogue Galaxy for $15 on impulse about a year ago. I told one of the message boards on GameFAQs about it and they all advised against it. Apparently it reeeeeally drags.

some cags were fans. there was a decent thread for the game.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#5 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

I would advise against taking advice from pre-teens on anything. The game was fabulous.

#6 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Nice price on Sly 3. I've been looking for a new copy and $10 is the right price for me.

Thanks OP!

#7 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

How are the Sly games? Does stealth play a huge role in those games, like it does in Metal Gear or Splinter Cell?
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#8 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

Sly 1 was freeking amazing! Though I was little and it was a while ago. I would suggest it.

#9 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

Beautiful graphics and fun gameplay; but, like almost every JRPG, it definitely was way too long for its own good.

#10 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

How are the Sly games? Does stealth play a huge role in those games, like it does in Metal Gear or Splinter Cell?

Stealth plays a big role, but the Sly series is far easier and more forgiving. I can't really remember being frustrated at any point.

#11 consoleman

consoleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

Stealth plays a big role, but the Sly series is far easier and more forgiving. I can't really remember being frustrated at any point.

I'm probably not as patient a gamer as you are. Sly 1 was frustrating for me because of the number of times I got killed in a level and having to restart the whole level again. Sly 3 was more my cup of tea. Die as many times as you like and you'll just keep playing from the point you got killed.

#12 wizardofcoz4126

wizardofcoz4126

WRYYYYYY!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

Out of curiosity, are the Sly Cooper games listed here are black or red label versions?
Posted Image Posted Image

#13 argyle

argyle

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

Beautiful graphics and fun gameplay; but, like almost every JRPG, it definitely was way too long for its own good.

It was a little long, but still a great game & well worth playing. Those beautiful Level-5 cell shaded graphics should hold up really well too (same goes for DQ8 also, but I imagine more ppl have already played that one).
Posted Image

#14 0192837465

Banequake!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

Are these greatest hits versions?

Posted ImageCheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image Cheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image

#15 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

I'm probably not as patient a gamer as you are. Sly 1 was frustrating for me because of the number of times I got killed in a level and having to restart the whole level again. Sly 3 was more my cup of tea. Die as many times as you like and you'll just keep playing from the point you got killed.

Sly 1 was definitely the toughest in the series! I was glad they got rid of the whole horseshoe health system for Sly 2. Fighting was definitely tough in Sly; when I said it was easier and more forgiving, I was referring specifically to the stealth component.

#16 Crusher09

Crusher09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

I would advise against taking advice from pre-teens on anything. The game was fabulous.

They do have a point, even though the game is good. I haven't gotten very far, but thats mainly due to the unbalanced gameplay. There are literally times where you or your allies will die in the first few seconds of battle unless you heal a lot. The AI always gets hurt and dies on this boss if you don't heal them. Last time I played was a few months ago and I was stuck here trying to get passed the overpowered enemies. It just gets frustrating because the game is more about running/healing than skill. Rather than blocking and dodging, you have to heal a lot of places or else you're guaranteed to die. When you're not up against cheap enemies, it's actually a lot of fun. Sometimes, though, you're up against brain dead enemies/bosses that are just boring to fight like this guy The environments are also way bigger/wider than they should be, as you can see in the videos. I also thought the story sucked, but I don't really care that much about stories. I'd say if you're a fan of RPGs, you should get it; Otherwise, watch/read some reviews and decide for yourself. From what I've played, I'd give it a 7.5-8 out of 10.

DQ8 also has a problem of being unfairly difficult in the beginning. I just gave up when I couldn't even get that far into the cave in the beginning of the game. BTW, I think DQ8 can be found for $10, and I think it was at that price before at a few stores and on Amazon.

As for the Sly series, I got both Sly 2 and 3 for $10 each and they were well worth $20+(for someone like me who usually buys games at $20). I think the only problem someone may have with these games is that they have a type of mini-game feel at times because you do a lot of different things in them. Also, I found that Sly 3 ended a lot sooner than I expected, but maybe that's just me.

Are these greatest hits versions?

I'm sure they are.

Edited by Crusher09, 18 January 2010 - 02:40 AM.

#17 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:42 AM

I agree I own Rogue Galaxy and I love it.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#18 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

I just bought a new copy of Rogue Galaxy off ebay for 12.55. Havent opened it yet but I'll get to it.

As far as other games go you can get Radiata Stories right now from gohastings.com for pretty cheap.

Resident Evil 4 is also there used along with Final Fantasy X or XII if you've missed out on those.

One more that should be mentioned is BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL. It's the greatest hits version but it's also a steal at $10 new at Amazon. You order is from someone else but it's fulfilled by Amazon.

#19 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

It was a little long, but still a great game & well worth playing.

I would agree if time was standing still; but seeing as none of us are getting any younger and our backlogs keep getting larger, here's my recommendation:
1) buy a used copy
2) play the game for 5 hours
3) imagine playing those 5 hours over again 10 more times in different settings
4) return the game if #3 doesn't sound like fun to you

...in fact, the aforementioned approach will likely work for 95% of the JRPG's on the market.

#20 iRent

iRent

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:58 AM

Tempting
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#21 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

I can't recommend Rouge Galaxy enough. One of my favorite PS2 RPGs.

#22 iRent

iRent

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:55 AM

Dragon Quest went down in price to $13.55 and is now sold by a different vendor. Still fulfilled by amazon though so Prime works.

Still on the fence about Dragon Quest and Rogue Galaxy...Buy it new? or gohastings which is cheaper....
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#23 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:20 AM

The AI always gets hurt and dies on this boss if you don't heal them.

Whoa. That's the first time I've ever seen the battle system, and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm playing this sucker, and soon.

#24 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

I would agree if time was standing still; but seeing as none of us are getting any younger and our backlogs keep getting larger, here's my recommendation:
1) buy a used copy
2) play the game for 5 hours
3) imagine playing those 5 hours over again 10 more times in different settings
4) return the game if #3 doesn't sound like fun to you

...in fact, the aforementioned approach will likely work for 95% of the JRPG's on the market.

Not for nothing, but you obviously don't like JRPGs, so of course you found Rogue Galaxy to be dull. I'm sure people find FPS games to be dull (you shoot people in different settings). And sports games to be dull (you just play the same game all the time, just against different opponents).

#25 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

Not for nothing, but you obviously don't like JRPGs, so of course you found Rogue Galaxy to be dull. I'm sure people find FPS games to be dull

But you have to admit, that is an accurate description of JRPGs. The only difference is what they do to add depth and difficulty into the game. Pokemon for example, did a fantastic job. Rogue galaxy tries to add monster variety, but it's not enough.

edit: sorry but i have to mention chrono trigger too, definitely introduces an amazing attack combination system.

#26 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

Not for nothing, but you obviously don't like JRPGs, so of course you found Rogue Galaxy to be dull. I'm sure people find FPS games to be dull (you shoot people in different settings). And sports games to be dull (you just play the same game all the time, just against different opponents).

You're right: my interest in the genre has really decreased, especially now that more Western RPG's are coming to the consoles. I've played a handful or JRPG's, and--other than the Final Fantasy series--rarely have I walked away with a feeling of contentment for the time invested.

That said, my little guide wasn't meant as a biased opinion to bash the genre; in fact, I find those 4 steps to apply quite accurately to the majority of the genre. Most fans of the JRPG already realize what they're getting into, but curious on-lookers deserve to know what their time commitment requires before spending hard-earned cash.

#27 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

rogue galaxy is amazing..end of story :-D

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#28 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

Sounds like I need to get back into Rogue Galaxy, I stopped playing it because Odin Sphere was taking up my time :D

#29 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

Bought DQ8 for 10 bucks at Walmart...haven't played it yet!

Rogue Galaxy is good, unbalanced, but good.

Sly 1 for ~7 bucks? Looks like I found my filler for another order!

#30 tekzor

tekzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

ha