Free Screening to Movie "Hot Tub Time Machine"

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 karn10

karn10

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hey everybody. I saw this promoted on the Xbox dashboard a couple of weeks ago, registed for it, and just got a text about it last night. Free screening to see the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine" in your town. You can get tickets for you and one other person or you can host a screener so you get free tickets for you and 9 guests along with free soda and popcorn, free reserved seats, and a free t-shirt. I registered to host one today and got my tickets by email within the hour. They just send you one ticket for you and 9 guests so you have to arrive together. Make sure to watch your junk mail folder...that's where mine went.
Cast: John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke
Looks like they're all around the end of February/early March.

Link: http://eventful.com/hottub

IMDB.com movie details: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231587/

Trailer:

#2 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

I've seen the trailer and it looks great, I actually do want to go see this. I signed up and It says the screening is full for my area and I will notified near the release date if there are any openings. Mine is dated for March 3rd. Is your screening happening soon?

#3 bizmat

bizmat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

Thanks OP, I wanted to see this movie too

#4 doodle777_98

doodle777_98

Trade me your nes games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

Thanks grabbed one for feb 22nd in san antonio

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg

#5 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Thanks in for a pair in Boston :)

#6 Sycowulf

Sycowulf

Somewhat Damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

Nice, got tickets for a showing in Philly... thanks OP!

#7 tholly

tholly

R.I.P. HD-DVD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Got a two person ticket for the Mar. 10th showing in Sacramento at the Folsom location.
Excel Collection Spreadsheet
WTB: Magnavox Odyssey 2 The Voice manual / box & Sega 32x Spider-man & Pitfall

#8 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Thanks, got a hosting ticket for Henderson, NV!

#9 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Thanks OP! I actually wanted to see this movie as well. Free is definitely much better. I'm in NOLA currently, so I grabbed some tickets there. Also sent it to family Vegas

#10 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

Awesome find, thanks OP. Just found out about the movie yesterday and was interested (big fan of John Cusack comedies). Signed up as a host for the later Seattle date as the first one was already taken.
Backlog (gradually transitioning over to CAG)

#11 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

Cool, there is one playing at my local theater on March 8th, this will be pretty fun! Can't wait! Thanks!

Posted Image

#12 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

Thanks OP! Just picked up a two person ticket in my area.

#13 cin84_12

cin84_12

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Got 2 for February 24th. Thanks!

#14 darthcynicus

darthcynicus

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Thanks! Tampa on March 2nd!

#15 karn10

karn10

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

I've seen the trailer and it looks great, I actually do want to go see this. I signed up and It says the screening is full for my area and I will notified near the release date if there are any openings. Mine is dated for March 3rd. Is your screening happening soon?

Mine is for Feb. 25th. It depends on your area when it is. It looks like they're all around the last week of Feb. or the first week of March.

#16 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

It's full in my area, but just some words of advice to those of you going: get there early. I went to a screening of 500 Days of Summer last year and there were about 200 people lined up. They overbook so that the theater is full no matter what.

#17 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:49 AM

It's full in my area, but just some words of advice to those of you going: get there early. I went to a screening of 500 Days of Summer last year and there were about 200 people lined up. They overbook so that the theater is full no matter what.

Agreed. I've been to dozens of screenings over the last few years and this is generally the case. However, there are tons of variables in place. This screening has been advertised a lot on mtv.com, so expect them to give out a lot of passes. The size of the theater and whether or not it's a press event also matters. I was probably 40th in line for a screening a couple of years ago and didn't get in because it was a small auditorium and a lot of press was there. Location matters too. When I lived in Philadelphia many years ago it seemed like screenings rarely filled up. Anchorman was about 1/3rd full at a small theater. Napoleon Dynamite was completely packed, but I got seats 5 minutes before showtime.

Then I moved to a city on the west coast and there was a damn community of people who went to screenings. Half of them didn't know anything about the movies they were seeing, weren't the target audience, and would often walk out if they didn't enjoy it. They were mostly un(der)employed or retired and there were probably about 30-40 of them that showed up to every screening 2-3 hours early and saved each other seats. That rippled through casual movie goers who picked up screening passes once in awhile and pretty soon you couldn't attend one in that city unless you got there a minimum of 1.5 hours early, and even then you'd get last choice of seats.

#18 FArgus

FArgus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:00 AM

I'll be the first to take a crap in the thread....This movie looks horrible. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Enjoy the Show!

#19 DiRT_X

DiRT_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:21 AM

i got the email too and signed up to host in jaxonville fla, hosting givves you 10 reserved seats, and popcorn and tshirts for your party.

#20 FreeStuffFan85

FreeStuffFan85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:36 AM

Thanks, OP! In for 2 on February 25th. How early do you guys think I should show up to the theater? One hour? Two hours? Three hours? :lol:

#21 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

damn, my town isn't big enough

axlrose4183.png

#22 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:08 AM

I saw a trailer and said, "Hmm, maybe." Free? Sure.

#23 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

There's a showing only 2 miles away, but I try to stay away from the free-for-all showings for the reasons mentioned above. Although, I'm tempted to talk some friends into going in order to score the reserved seats. So, is anyone going with a group of CAGs?

#24 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

Why can't I live closer to a bigger city?
I think this looks funny as hell too. Redband trailers are great.
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#25 ggtcracker

ggtcracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

wooot go 2 tix!! thanks bro

Posted Image

want free Microsoft Points? check this out

http://www.freemicro....com/index.html

#26 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

D'oh! Everywhere in NY is out....... :cry: Oh wellz I'll pay but no stopping at the snacky wacky stand unless I mooch lol.
Spoiler

#27 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

D'oh! Everywhere in NY is out....... :cry: Oh wellz I'll pay but no stopping at the snacky wacky stand unless I mooch lol.

yup full. NYC always get bummed on every good deal.

#28 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

I got tickets for the showing in Kennesaw, GA - the other Atlanta area theaters were full. Watched the trailer with my wife, who has decided that even free is too large a price to pay to see this movie. I'm going anyway.
FamiComplex, the ongoing adventures of a nerdy classic game collector and historian. A new domain, a new direction and a fresh coat of paint!

#29 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

Thanks! What's it rated?
Posted Image

#30 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

Thanks! What's it rated?

R, I know there is nudity in it (they show some in the Red Band trailer).

Posted Image