Red Faction Guerrilla (PC) $5 - Direct2Drive Deal of the Week

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 jboy

jboy

redcross.org

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

Direct2Drive has Red Faction Guerrilla for $5 as their Deal of the Week.

:pc: Red Faction: Guerrilla $4.95

Edited by CheapyD, 30 January 2010 - 12:55 AM.

#2 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

Wow. Is there any DRM on this?

#3 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

Awesome price!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#4 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Wow, thanks for posting this, great deal!

#5 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Wow. Is there any DRM on this?

Yeah, that's my big worry too. I'm holding off until I get some confirmation on this issue.

Very nice find.

#6 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

Steam deals and now this. There really killing it lately.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#7 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

Wow - sweet deal. Thanks!

#8 Sylvanus

Sylvanus

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

I hate using D2D, but I may have to bite here.

#9 anarchyburger

anarchyburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

I've never used D2D and prefer steam, how does it work with drm? i might have to bite on this deal
GameCenter/Words with Friends: Rjsanchez88
Steam: AnrchyBurgr8t8
Origin(BF3): anarchyburger8t8
Feel free to add me, let me know you're a fellow CAG
Posted Image

#10 vherub

vherub

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

I don't think this game had any drm, and d2d doesn't add their own drm
there is some difficulties playing online with games for windows live, I know the steam version needs or needed patching, but the single player shouldn't have a problem

this game is a blast to play, but again, if going into it purely for co-op, investigate if windows live is all working now.

#11 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

I want some input with people running this on a dual core.

#12 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

it's a GFWL title, i got it on steam during its sale there, & steam is missing the patch (but you can trick the gfwl patcher to install to the steam folder & it works fine)

d2d tells you if there's drm in their games (usually.. for some reason i dont see tages 3 activations listed for riddick anymore)

i wouldnt worry about any 'drm' for RFG in particular

#13 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

God damn so tempted. Double the gamer points.

#14 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

What is the online matches like? Is there anyone on playing?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#15 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

This is one of the top games of 09'. One of the few games that actually live up to a $60 price point. $5 is just insane.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#16 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

God damn so tempted. Double the gamer points.

So I can buy this on D2D and get gamerpoints? can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks!

#17 bitter1961

bitter1961

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

That's an insane price for this great game! It was $10 in the Steam holiday sale, and I've already put 20 hours into it!

I have no idea what sort of DRM is on this title with D2D, but the fact it isn't marked as DRM-free suggests there is some of some sort. I think D2D often default to the same DRM as a boxed copy, but I don't know what that was.

But I'm pretty sure you can type the cd key into Impulse if you prefer that brand of DRM. It worked with the key from my steam copy.

Also be sure to get xliveless to remove GFWL from this game
Spoiler

#18 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

Nice, I'll prob pick it up. Any chance steam will match it?

#19 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

Great post! I've only seen Giant Bomb's quickview of the game and it looked like a lot of fun. Does it maintain that same level of insane fun throughout the rest of the game?

#20 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

So I can buy this on D2D and get gamerpoints? can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks!

I believe 360 and PC gamerpoints are separate. Giving such games a potential of 2000/2000, if not higher for those with DLC achievements.

#21 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

Oh hell yes!!!

Dont worry about D2D, I have bought quite a few things from there, and all of them have activated on Steam, making it no different than buying from Steam itself.

Can anyone confirm if you can activate this on Steam?

#22 bitter1961

bitter1961

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Can anyone confirm if you can activate this on Steam?

No, it can't be activated on Steam. I think it can be activated on Impulse (Impulse accepted the key from a Steam copy, so D2D keys should be the same).

There aren't actually all that many Steam-activatable titles on D2D, you've probably been pretty lucky in your selection. You can of course add anything as a non-Steam game into Steam to get the overlay, etc. but you won't be able to download or install it through Steam.

#23 LegioXIX

LegioXIX

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

This is pretty tempting but I think I'll wait for Steam to get down to this price.
Posted Image

Posted Image
"Sweet is war to him who knows it not, but to those who have made a trial of it, it is a thing of fear." -Pindar, Fr.

#24 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

it's been on sale on steam multiple times, i wouldnt wait (especially at $5, when is that ever gonna happen again)

#25 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

No, it can't be activated on Steam. I think it can be activated on Impulse (Impulse accepted the key from a Steam copy, so D2D keys should be the same).

There aren't actually all that many Steam-activatable titles on D2D, you've probably been pretty lucky in your selection. You can of course add anything as a non-Steam game into Steam to get the overlay, etc. but you won't be able to download or install it through Steam.

Can anyone confirm it activates on impulse? Impulse is exactly like steam right? I had it for Demigod but don't have it installed right now.

#26 gamez79

gamez79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

Thanks i dont check the d2d site very often and would have missed this otherwise

#27 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:55 AM

Good catch. I'm going to wait for an inevitable steam sale too - now that they're doing midweek sales all the time now the chances are even better. If not, I'm sure it'll be around next Christmas.

This is a very good price, but D2D pissed me off so much last year during their anniversary sale where I went back and forth for their support for weeks, TRYING to buy games from them with no luck. I just don't want to give them any money any more.

#28 vherub

vherub

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:10 AM

my steam copy couldn't also be registered on impulse, that's the first I've heard of it also registering on impulse

#29 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

my steam copy couldn't also be registered on impulse, that's the first I've heard of it also registering on impulse

I googled it and saw this link http://forums.stardock.com/366960 . I guess they don't have the steam keys so I'm not sure if D2D will work.

#30 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

This game uses GFWL SSA (Yay no activation limits but its) bound to 1 gamer tag. I have heard that all versions can also be activated on impulse maybe it was only retail...