• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

http://xboxlive.ign..../1064967p1.html

Developer NinjaBee has revealed to IGN it is building a sequel to its popular Xbox Live Arcade game, A Kingdom for Keflings. It seems the little people have outgrown their kingdom and now need their own world: A World of Keflings.

A Kingdom for Keflings received an 8.2 from IGN and was one of the most popular XBLA games with our readers in 2008. It was a laid back strategy affair where players helped the Keflings build their small town into a nation. Avatars were supported, a feature that will be carried over to the sequel. There will now be multiple kingdoms to explore, each with its own climate, resources, and culture.

"A World of Keflings is much more than a sequel," said Steve Taylor, President of NinjaBee. "It's a new game with a ton of new features, including some innovative ideas that stand out from both Live Arcade and full retail games. A World of Keflings also has a new story focus, with new exotic lands, characters, quests, buildings, customization options, and a lot more."

Posted Image
This is just one kingdom to explore in A World of Keflings.

"When we set out to make a second Keflings game we decided that we were going to do it right and make it a whole new experience that clearly was bigger and better than the first," said Brent Fox, NinjaBee's Art Director. "A World of Keflings captures all the charm and casual-style of play of the first game, but adds more depth, humor and a ton of features players have requested."

What are those requested features? One is local multiplayer. Now you can cooperate to build kingdoms with friends in the same room. Kingdom only had online multiplayer.

A World of Keflings will be released this year. Check out the first screens in our gallery.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 02 February 2010 - 07:56 PM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

I hope it doesn't come out till the end of this year. Don't get me wrong- I want it, but I just bought Kingdom for Keflings a few scant weeks ago.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#3 Magehart

Magehart

It's on like Donkey Kong!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

Will my nomadic keflings of the north be able to declare war on those barbarian keflings in the south? If so I will buy this.

This game makes me wish there was a Sim City on XBLA.
Posted Image

Mr Simon was there, too, as well as other Germans who lived through the Berlin blockade like Gerhard Kapito.
"After the war, we looked on the Allies as occupiers," he says. "But after that we came to see them as our friends."

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

#4 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

My kids will like this news, especially the local multiplayer.

Crunchewy.png

#5 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

they said it's a more indepth experience to the casual gameplay. I doubt there will be any form of active combat system. there might be something like, preventative measures from the climate reducing your production speed or building a fence to keep your crops (if they even have that) from being eaten by a mysterious and troublesome rabbit.

I look forward to it, I also look forward to getting it when it's the XBL deal of the day/week.

#6 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Excellent. Keflings is my kind of game, and a sequel is terrific news. Although I too only recently purchased the title, during the sale, I love it enough to know I will definitely get the sequel. NinjaBee has perfected the relaxing video game.

#7 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

i bought the first game when it was the deal of the week. Just finished it a couple of weeks ago, looking forward to the next one.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#8 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Def a buy for me as I like the first Keflings.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#9 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

A definite buy. Kingdom was a blast.

#10 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:23 AM

I enjoyed Kingdom of Keflings--it was laid-back, fun, and really addicting. It got a little repetitive toward the end, so I'm hoping the added depth in the sequel will remedy that issue. I'm looking forward to this.

#11 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...dated-for-xbla/

This will barely make its 2010 launch window with a December 22 release for 800 points.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#12 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

Thank God. Perfect timing. My son has been waiting for this game since I mistakenly showed him the youtube clip.

#13 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

My kids enjoyed the first. I got bored with it, but I really like that this one has local multiplayer, as now I can have fun playing the game with my kids, which was definitely a huge oversight with the original - what were they thinking? In any case, this seems to resolve it. That will make a it a lot more fun for me. So, yeah, it's on the list, but I think I'll give my kids a points card for christmas so they can buy it for themselves.

Crunchewy.png

#14 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

Sweetness
will be getting the next one
maybe play with some CAGs
great stress reliever
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#15 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Bump! XBLA release is tomorrow! I loved playing the first one, cannot wait to pick this one up.

666277.png

#16 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

dont know why i thought is was coming out today
need 240 points to get it.
Now Playing:

#17 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

demo was fun and promising. hoping you can still do the tower achievement from the previous game through this version.

#18 B0W and Arrow

B0W and Arrow

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

When your in the ice forest place you can look at your blueprints and actually purchase ilomilo and raskulls. I'm playing the full version of ilimilo right now and am able to earn achievements. I checked around online to find out that it isn't a glitch, but intentional.

Edited by B0W and Arrow, 22 December 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#19 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

How many players can play split screen? Is it split-screen or shared? Also, can 2 (or more) local players play online together on the same xbox?

Crunchewy.png

#20 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

How many players can play split screen? Is it split-screen or shared? Also, can 2 (or more) local players play online together on the same xbox?

It's at least 2 people local co-op. It's both split and shared. When you are close enough to each other its shared. If you walk away from each other it splits.

Don't have the other answers, haven't played it that much yet.

#21 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Ah, that's pretty slick. I think I'm going to get this for my kids (and me, of course) for xmas. I'm kind of hoping I can find it via one of those cards at gamestop - anyone happen to see/buy it that way?

Crunchewy.png

#22 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Lov it so far.
Only played the first level but liked what I played.
-When you build stuff the keflings bring you the stuff
-you can level up Keflings

If anyone wants to play hit me up on XBL
Now Playing:

#23 daminion

daminion

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

Son and I played for 4 straight hours today. Was a lot of fun. All of my issues with the first game have been resolved. The length also seems to be decent, thought we were blowing through it, but haven't even made it to the third world yet.

Add me as a friend and send me some items and I will return the favor and we'll both get the achievement. Also wouldn't mind collecting all of the special items - daughter would love having everything for her kingdom.

#24 mormaddad

mormaddad

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

Just downloaded it. Sending friend requests to psiguy3 & UmDaminion.

THanks

#25 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Yeah it seems like a good update from the original idea. I liked it and couldn't stop laughing about them being called Kefkimos and saying eh? at the end of every sentence. It's nice to have them carry your stuff sometimes and I like the themed stories related to the specific world you're at. Emotes are a small yet favorable idea too. Wooo
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#26 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

Beat the single player. Took about 7.5 hours. I played the original so I was pretty quick and planned very well.

This game does everything better than the original. Takes a while to appreciate how much they fixed/improved. Things like, builders to carry pieces to you, builders help you build, you can push/move buildings, it tells you the keep and castle are upgrades to the previous buildings, you can stockpile resources then have builders carry them to you, 3 regions, key keflings talk to you, lots of humor, emotes, etc.

I added a couple of you guys to my friends list. Gonna try to play online and find some people to share their unique items.

2 of the achievements require friends.

#27 daminion

daminion

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

You can stockpile resources then have builders carry them to you

How do you do this?

#28 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

How do you do this?

Any building that builds components can make stacks of 25 of any resource that it stores. If you need cut stone at your sculpture, find the building where all your cut stone is going, then build like 4 stacks, then your builders will bring it to you. So you can quicky transfer resources to your lesser used buildings.

#29 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

Beat the single player. Took about 7.5 hours. I played the original so I was pretty quick and planned very well.

This game does everything better than the original. Takes a while to appreciate how much they fixed/improved. Things like, builders to carry pieces to you, builders help you build, you can push/move buildings, it tells you the keep and castle are upgrades to the previous buildings, you can stockpile resources then have builders carry them to you, 3 regions, key keflings talk to you, lots of humor, emotes, etc.

Yeah I have to agree with you there. I also like the little things they tweaked. You can see where you need to get building components by color coded references. You also can see exactly what and how many building components you need by a little icon within the building menu.

Funny about the color coded references as I painted one of the buildings and then couldn't find where the purple building components were from lol. Luckily the building title where the components are dropped was colored purple. Must have spent 20 minutes looking for the building or the blueprint I needed/making other unnecessary buildings.

Edited by Spybreak8, 25 December 2010 - 02:05 AM.
funny story/appreciate tweaks

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#30 daminion

daminion

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

Any building that builds components can make stacks of 25 of any resource that it stores. If you need cut stone at your sculpture, find the building where all your cut stone is going, then build like 4 stacks, then your builders will bring it to you. So you can quicky transfer resources to your lesser used buildings.

Ahh got ya. My kids like to have them harvest and just drop resources. I was hoping this was a quicker way to move 400 logs to a lumbermill rather than carrying them or having Keflings do it.