Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ Best Buy Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#1 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Theatrical Edition] (9-Disc) Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ (StickerBook) [Best Buy Exclusive]

Posted Image

Price: $84.99 MSRP
Pre-Order Price: $64.99 Sale
Release Date: April 6, 2010
SKU: 9794135
Pre-Order Date: March 2 & 7, 2010
Minimum Deposit: $5.00 Required
Limited Quantity: 5-10 copies per store
Size: Jumbo
Other: StickerBook
Link: BestBuy.com
Store Locator: BestBuy.com

According to Brana, Best Buy is getting LotR Trio on BD Jumbo SteelBook but printed on Sticker. Now we have 4 different versions of LotR Trio (Best Buy, Future Shop, FNAC and Amazon.de). Best Buy are the stickerbook, Future Shop is jumbo, FNAC (French) get 3 individual steelbook cases, and Amazon.de (Germany) will have 3 individual steelbook cases housed in a slipcase.

Edit: Pre-order this and get a Steelbook case for free. Required $5 deposit. Must order between 2/4/10 and 4/5/10. Limit 3 per customer.

What is Stickerbook?
Spoiler

What is SteelBook Jumbo?
Spoiler

Posted Image

Courtesy to mmcvey (Bluray.com)

Fine Print: Available Tuesday, April 6, $5 deposit required. DVDs and Blu-ray Discs not included with Steelbook case. Pre-order must be made between 02/04/10 - 04/05/10. Release date subject to change. Limit 3 per title per customer. While supplies last. No dealer. Good in USA only. Void where prohibit. Distributed in the USA by Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522. All rights reserved.

Edited by iNCREDiPiNOY, 14 March 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#2 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

Jambo, or Jumbo?

#3 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

Jambo, or Jumbo?

Its Jumbo, LOL sorry about that. :lol:

#4 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

:lol: no worries...I was wondering if it was some sort of play on words. I'm assuming that there's no pics of these yet? Amazon.de sounds more tempting at the moment...though I really want to wait till the extended editions hit...whatever year that may be.

#5 AceBB6

AceBB6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

Aren't a lot of people "boycotting" this version because it does not contain the extended scenes? Looking at the Amazon reviews, people are just trashing that version left and right with over hundred 1 star "reviews" even though it isnt out.

I can see this pissing a lot of people off since, they are going to rerelease it again with the extended version later on.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

Can't wait, unlike most i actually prefer the theater cut.. i don't have time to sit and watch a 5000 hour version of a movie :p

def picking up this steelbook

#7 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

For that price and that many discs I don't know why they couldn't just put both extended and theatrical in there.

#8 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

A pox on BB for making a Steelbook of the theatrical versions of the LOTR movies. :bomb:

#9 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

For that price and that many discs I don't know why they couldn't just put both extended and theatrical in there.

So they can make $$$ from people buying this and then make more $$$ from some of them (along with those who waited) down the road by putting out the extended versions in a bigger set with a higher price tag.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#10 jkg2k3

jkg2k3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

I'm just going to wait for the extended version. My DVD's will suffice for now.

#11 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

Thanks OP but I must remain strong and wait for the extended editions.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#12 minos1067

minos1067

Remember 'Game Stuff'?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

Waited this long, might as well wait another year..........or more till its a true CheapAssGamer deal.

#13 disgaeaea

disgaeaea

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:34 AM

one thing i want from the EE edition, although it's unlikely due to theatrical edition availability, is to include both theatrical and extended scenes in single disc. king kong did it

#14 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:02 AM

waiting for extended set

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#15 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:14 AM

yeah..i'm gonna have to wait for the extended version as well...
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#16 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

They better do this for the extended version too.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Theatrical version = FAIL :(

Why must they tempt me with the steelbook... BOO that that! Ill pass on this one until the extended editions come out on Blu.

#18 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

What is Stickerbook? and also what is Amazon.de?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#19 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

Extended version or bust.

#20 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

Im waiting for the extended but what does stickerbook mean? Like a foldout case?

#21 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

Stickerbook is printed on a high gloss photo sheet then laminate on the blank steelbook.

#22 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

If it's just the steelbook preorder... I'll just get it for collection purposes. LOL :-D But not if I have to buy the TE.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#23 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:25 AM

So the stickerbook is pretty much a cheap steelbook?
mmmm choices choices.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#24 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

So the stickerbook is pretty much a cheap steelbook?
mmmm choices choices.

that's right and its extremely limited that doesn't meet the requirement. so i have to pre-order those right away.

#25 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:40 AM

So they can make $$$ from people buying this and then make more $$$ from some of them (along with those who waited) down the road by putting out the extended versions in a bigger set with a higher price tag.

This.

I will wait it out but thanks for posting anyway OP.

#26 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:49 AM

I want a steelbook, but I don't want to pay Futureshop import prices so I might just go to Best Buy on this one...

518793.png

#27 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:40 AM

Aren't a lot of people "boycotting" this version because it does not contain the extended scenes? Looking at the Amazon reviews, people are just trashing that version left and right with over hundred 1 star "reviews" even though it isnt out.

I can see this pissing a lot of people off since, they are going to rerelease it again with the extended version later on.

I'm in that boat, though I'd love to have any version of these movies on Blu-ray. It basically comes down to how patient you are? If anything, I could buy the Theatrical, then give them away as a gift and buy the Extended versions in 2011 or 2012 when they're released?

Truthfully though, the "Extended Editions" are the "true" versions of the films imho (though Peter Jackson has been quoted as saying he views the Theatrical versions as the true versions of the films).

I do think it's sickening though that New Line/Time Warner is trying to make as much money off of this "cash cow" as they can.

#28 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

Regardless of whether the EE is coming out, having a theatrical edition is still useful and isn't also included in the EE. Cuts were made very deliberately, so you're left with a carefully edited-down version. It's fun to view them every now and then in the same form as how I did at 12:01 AM -- I'd probably show this version to anyone for the first time.

Of course, part of this is just an excuse to make me feel better about buying the theatrical cuts on DVD :P

#29 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

that's right and its extremely limited that doesn't meet the requirement. so i have to pre-order those right away.

Anyway you can post pics of the 3 different ones???

518793.png

#30 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

Anyway you can post pics of the 3 different ones???

so far, amazon.de has pic.