Photo
- - - - -

I have been converted to HD(using a 21.5" LCD monitor that's full 1080p w/ my PS3)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:23 AM

The difference between SD and HD IS indeed night and day.

Everything is crisper, cleaner and I can actually read most of the friggin' text in games now.

I played GTA IV for a bit earlier and I could tell what it said on the phone's display without having to go hide in a shady spot to see the screen.

I apologize to all of those who I pissed off with my 'I'll never go HD' rants. But now that I have, even though it's only a 21.5" Acer LCD monitor from Target for $160, I cannot get myself to go back.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:29 AM

uh.. congratulations!

*subscribes to thread*

#3 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

Trust me. If you had seen all of my 'I'll buy a used SDtv for $20 from a thrift store before I "upgrade" ' shit I used to post, you'd realize how monumental this is for me to admit I was wrong.

Posted Image

#4 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:34 AM

:rofl:
This explains the snow.

#5 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:35 AM

So all that bitching and moaning...and now this...? At least you finally saw the light (no pun intended) :)

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#6 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Trust me. If you had seen all of my 'I'll buy a used SDtv for $20 from a thrift store before I "upgrade" ' shit I used to post, you'd realize how monumental this is for me to admit I was wrong.

Oh, lol. Makes more sense I suppose.

Now admit Uncharted 2 MP is great and that GTA4 MP is dooty for the trifecta.

#7 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:43 AM

:rofl:
This explains the snow.

But that still doesn't explain the lack of an invite in GTA when you guys are supposedly playing.:razz:

Of course, I'd have to have any of you on my friends list and at this point I don't think I do anymore.:cry:

Oh, lol. Makes more sense I suppose.

Now admit Uncharted 2 MP is great and that GTA4 MP is dooty for the trifecta.

Whaddya want the apocalypse to come about? If I admit I was wrong THREE times, that's gotta be a sign of the end times.:lol:

Speaking of GTA4 mp, that's what I'm playing right now. The speakers are a bit tinny on this monitor, but I'll probably jack in some better ones for when I just cruise around in Liberty City in GTA IV.

Posted Image

#8 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:45 AM

Wait till you get a larger tv...

elessar123.png

#9 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

Wait till you get a larger tv...

Wait until you can get an actual HDTV... those PC monitors which do HD resolutions really don't do HD justice.

I used a 21" 720p monitor for a while but when I moved to an actual HDTV, it was such huge improvement (though not as drastic as going from SD to HD).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#10 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:29 AM

Does this mean you're going to upgrade your 3rd world internet too? I told you HD is BOOTYFUL. I got 40 inch 1080p and I cream my underwear every time I play Uncharted.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#11 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:44 AM

Wait until you can get an actual HDTV... those PC monitors which do HD resolutions really don't do HD justice.

I used a 21" 720p monitor for a while but when I moved to an actual HDTV, it was such huge improvement (though not as drastic as going from SD to HD).

Baby steps, Baby steps. It took me this long to get an HD monitor and that was only cuz it was $160($152 n change actually after shopworn discount of $16). But if I see an HDtv in the $200-300 range, I might bite on it too, but that's gonna take a looooong while.

Does this mean you're going to upgrade your 3rd world internet too? I told you HD is BOOTYFUL. I got 40 inch 1080p and I cream my underwear every time I play Uncharted.

Hey now. I like playing MKII in super slow mo. Mind ya, I tried it out as the first downloadable game to play in 1080p and I never realized there was a border around MKII cuz it never came up on my SDtv.

But I'm considering getting the Comcast $19.99 deal, since the DSL keeps disappointing. When I was only using it for surfing the net on my PC, it was OK, but it sucks for downloading on the PS3.

Posted Image

#12 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

Take it easy... You don't want to throw the world into an ice age do you?

#13 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:56 AM

Why not? I can turn on the PS3 to keep me warm.:razz:

Posted Image

#14 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

OMG... Cheapest!? Gone HD!? *rubs eyes*

It is true! :whee:

Spoiler

#15 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thank you. Now if I can just get some halfway decent internet, then I could join ya all in Red Faction, since my 'Brazilian internet'(Paco's words, not mine) kept getting me kicked whenever I tried to.

Posted Image

#16 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=320481783735

They were selling these for like 2 months, I got mine a couple days after new years, the thing is really nice. Good for you. I would rather play on a monitor over an HDTV any day of the week.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#17 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

If I only had a PS3 or 360 I might think of going HD :P

#18 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:34 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=320481783735

They were selling these for like 2 months, I got mine a couple days after new years, the thing is really nice. Good for you. I would rather play on a monitor over an HDTV any day of the week.

I was looking at a Samsung for a while on Dell's site, which came with a Logitech cordless desktop combo for like $190 shipped, but I couldn't pull the trigger since I still needed to figure out some sort of sound solution.

With the one I bought it has integrated speakers(a bit tinny), but I plan on getting some decent external ones that won't make a loud buzzing noise like the pair I tried earlier.

Posted Image

#19 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

I was looking at a Samsung for a while on Dell's site, which came with a Logitech cordless desktop combo for like $190 shipped, but I couldn't pull the trigger since I still needed to figure out some sort of sound solution.

With the one I bought it has integrated speakers(a bit tinny), but I plan on getting some decent external ones that won't make a loud buzzing noise like the pair I tried earlier.

I got a 2.1 logitech pc sound system and it sounds great.

#20 halfbent

halfbent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

I know with my 360 hooked up to the monitor via vga I can plug the rca audio into my soundcard; how do you split the audio through hdmi with a ps3 tho?

#21 Goobers

Goobers

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

What are you talking about?!?

If you're comparing going from a 21" 720p to an "actual" HDTV that does 1080p, that's NOT comparing a monitor to HDTV. That's comparing previous gen "HD" tv to current HD tv. Let's see if you'll say the same thing if you had used a 1080p monitor (any monitor that supports 1920x1080, which most likely has a native of 1920x1200).

For example (consider this advertising) the Samsung Touch of Color T240HD that I bought back in July '09. It is a 24" Monitor with an HDTV tuner. It's a "monitor" because it has a native resolution of 1920x1200. Of course it gives you a black border when watching any "HDTV" source (1080p).

Granted, 24" is small for an HDTV... but I use it as a monitor, 2nd screen, for my laptop. Since the monitor supports two HDMI connections, I have both my PS3 and my laptop going in as HDMI1 and HDMI2, respectively. :mrgreen:

And yes, the reason I got it was so I could watch TV once in a while.

I know with my 360 hooked up to the monitor via vga I can plug the rca audio into my soundcard; how do you split the audio through hdmi with a ps3 tho?

The PS3 has the option in the settings to output to something other than HDMI (RCA, optical, etc). Basically, you get the multi-cable that came with the ps3, and plug only the audio lines to whatever speakers you want... and just use HDMI for video. If you want some MORE fun... it actually supports outputting audio to more than one connection... at the same time.

Edited by Goobers, 13 February 2010 - 01:00 PM.

#22 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Even when the truth is obvious, it's tough to admit you're wrong. So I'll recognize the significance of this thread. :) Welcome into the light.

#23 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

Welcome to 2006?

(Congrats btw)

#24 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

I just got a 47". The 120hz makes movies look cheap (good thing I can turn that feature off) but it makes many video games artificially run at 60fps

#25 halfbent

halfbent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

The PS3 has the option in the settings to output to something other than HDMI (RCA, optical, etc). Basically, you get the multi-cable that came with the ps3, and plug only the audio lines to whatever speakers you want... and just use HDMI for video. If you want some MORE fun... it actually supports outputting audio to more than one connection... at the same time.

Ah excellent; I picked mine up used from Gamestop this season for cheap so I only had the essentials. :)

#26 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Everything is crisper, cleaner and I can actually read most of the friggin' text in games now.

I played GTA IV for a bit earlier and I could tell what it said on the phone's display without having to go hide in a shady spot to see the screen.

I apologize to all of those who I pissed off with my 'I'll never go HD' rants. But now that I have, even though it's only a 21.5" Acer LCD monitor from Target for $160, I cannot get myself to go back.

HOLY CRAP, it must be the end of the world as we know it!

Congrats, Cheapest, wow, I'm almost speechless here. I just have a question: is there anything you'd like me to get you? Like some sauce or water to go with that Crow?
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 phantasyx

phantasyx

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

you can't tell the difference between 1080P and anything else until you go over 42 inches (Fact). I was once a TV salesman, if you bought it because of the numbers you got suckered. Now go try a Samsung Touch of Color Series 46inch 1080P then get back to me.

#28 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

you can't tell the difference between 1080P and anything else until you go over 42 inches (Fact). I was once a TV salesman, if you bought it because of the numbers you got suckered. Now go try a Samsung Touch of Color Series 46inch 1080P then get back to me.

Not everybody can afford or they don't want one, dick.

#29 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

Don't listen to them cheapest. If you want a bigger TV, just put it closer to your face.

test.gif

#30 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

Can't see thread maker on my phone and said, "This would be funny if it was Cheapest"

About time!
Enjoy!