- - - - -

Dawn of the Dead (2004) BD $9.99

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Beam

Jim Beam

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B001CW7ZW6

I've been waiting awhile for the price to drop again on this one.

Edited by Jim Beam, 13 February 2010 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Cimg%20src=%22http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/gt/b/gtbaddy/card3.png%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22gtbaddy%22%20/%3E[/IMG]

#2 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

I wish they would release the theatrical version in HD. Much better pacing wise.

#3 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:13 AM

I wish they would release the theatrical version in HD. Much better pacing wise.

its 9 minutes of extra footage :lol:

its not like LOTR extended 800 hour edition

#4 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

its 9 minutes of extra footage :lol:

its not like LOTR extended 800 hour edition

Problem is, it's 9 minutes of bad extra footage that brings the movie down. The theatrical edition is much more tight.

#5 vx2

vx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Isn't this bluray one with a very sub-par transfer? IIRC rated at "Tier 4/Copper" in AVS bluray tiers.

#6 LeRoy

LeRoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

I already own the HD-DVD so I'm hesitant to buy it on Blu-Ray but that is a pretty damn good price.
Posted Image

#7 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Problem is, it's 9 minutes of bad extra footage that brings the movie down. The theatrical edition is much more tight.

i disagree the 9 minutes makes the film better, you learn more about the characters which allows you to actually care about them instead of rushing through the story

but some people view movies differently, i actually like to learn about the characters since im investing and hour and 30 minutes watching them, kinda pointless when someone dies without caring about them it takes away the suspense

#8 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

Thanks OP, in for 1. Already have it on DVD, but I love this movie. Favorite zombie film (just barely passing Zombieland, which I view as more of a comedy with incidental zombies).

Posted Image

#9 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Shawn of the Dead!

Posted Image

#10 Killrig

Killrig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

Interestingly, they also censored the "unrated" version of the home release. There was a nude woman walking down the road during the early portions of the film and they CG'd in fake blood over the car's windshield.

I could care less about the nudity being gone, but it's still bullshit when you buy the "unrated" version and find that it was censored.
-- K-rig