- - - - -

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune $15 at Burlington Coat Factory YMMV

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 RuenShock

RuenShock

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

I stumbled upon this today while looking for some cloths. They had it in a
"Great Games" section by the register. When I first looked through the bin I laughed because most of them weren't great at all, but shut up quick when I found this.

Really happy to have it, I just got a PS3 and I'm getting caught up on the exclusive games I've wanted to play.

This one was at the one located in Lakeland, FL. They had at least one other copy that I saw.

#2 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:36 AM

Wow. That's a good price point for a great game at an unlikely retailer.

Really, how does that even HAPPEN? O_o

#3 kanwal236

kanwal236

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:37 AM

holy shit they sell games there?!

#4 royce321

royce321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:37 AM

burlington coat factory sells video games.......lol thats a new one

#5 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:43 AM

holy shit they sell games there?!

Ya, but the weird part is I NEVER see a games section, but near the checkout section they have shelves of games, kinda like how you would see candy/magazines at grocery stores.

The BCF near me has had these since I was in highschool, in college now, but it was always shovel ware.

Posted Image

#6 RuenShock

RuenShock

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:45 AM

Yeah, I never expected to find games there, much less any that were good. They had games for Wii, 360 and DS as well. But didn't really see any that got my attention.

#7 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

Hmmm... nice find! I may have to check mine out.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#8 discordman

discordman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, Kohls near me sells games, its borderline shovelware as well, James Pond for DS is the most interesting there. How many copies of Top Spin 3 they have is mind boggling.

Posted Image

#9 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

I can't believe they never changed the name of that store..maybe drop the last two words and just rename it Burlington, or maybe BCF or something.

I'm surprised there not out of business from that :D

#10 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

Burlington Coat Factory sells games? WHAT?!?!

#11 shiftomnimega

shiftomnimega

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

The last time I noticed anything like this (months ago) at Burlington all they had was GBA shovelware and HD-DVDs.
Posted Image

#12 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

I thought they just sold coats... Nice find!
Posted Image

#13 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

Well, I guess if they can sell dust- and dirt-covered candy at Home Depot, they might as well sell games at BCF.

Either way, good price for this game if you can find it.

#14 Unrealevil

Unrealevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

Not really a good deal but I kinda just wanna see this for myself...

Posted Image

no sorry don't want you masturbating to my girlfriend while you play wow and eat hot pockets.

#15 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

I was at burlington last night wife the wife and son. I also seen a bunch of video games at the front. Mostly a bunch of kiddie games is all I noticed. Didnt really check all the games since I figured there wouldnt be anything good, maybe I should have checked some of the other games...

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#16 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Burlington Coat and Game Factory.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#17 X-zero

X-zero

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

Target had the same deal in the past but the fact you found it there makes this an interesting post because I am sure they haven't been pick clean.

#18 PS3_Moose

PS3_Moose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, Kohls near me sells games, its borderline shovelware as well, James Pond for DS is the most interesting there. How many copies of Top Spin 3 they have is mind boggling.

Yeah my Kohls sells cruddy games near the cash register - every once in a while they get a decent game or two

#19 The SPism

The SPism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

the BCF by me got rid of their coats section last time I was there... I guess they're trying new things

#20 johnmirra

johnmirra

Damn Fine Cup of Coffee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:44 AM

i hate to admit this but i work at a BCF, we get games sometime mostly crap but the best thing we ever got was a bunch of copies of the GBA fire emblem games. God i regret not picking them up when we had them,
Theres nothing worse then a hot pickle - My Dad

#21 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

Surprised people are...er...surprised by this. I've seen games reported there before.

#22 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

The cheapest-ass clothing retailer and the cheapassgamer go hand-in-hand.

#23 MediaJunkie92

MediaJunkie92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:03 AM

Yeah the only negative about getting the game so cheap is when you have to buy new clothes when the peta protesters throw blood on you for shopping at Burlington Coat Factory.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228844"][/URL]

#24 crashinsane

crashinsane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:04 AM

they should work out a promo or something.. I'm thinking each overpriced or a least big puffy jackets should just comes with a kiddy game or if your lucky like OP, a good game inside one of the locked in pockets until it's checked out at the register. I think that's a good way to stay in business and get more people to buy they're over inflated puffy jackets. Heck, if they do that with fleece I'm all over it.

But in all honesty, I have no idea how or in any way make a clothing retail synonymous with the name Burplington Coat Factory would one day sell games.. it just baffles me. I understand Ross does it since they're so random but how can anyone expect a clothing retailer with the name BC fucking F would sell games. Here's hoping FCUK would be next as it's my favorite clothing store ever.

#25 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

kohls, tj maxx, now burlington.. even 7-11s and office max, doesn't surprise me if grocery stores one day carry shovelware games too.

#26 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:30 AM

might have to check this out

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#27 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:44 AM

kohls, tj maxx, now burlington.. even 7-11s and office max, doesn't surprise me if grocery stores one day carry shovelware games too.

They already do. I've seen Wii and DS crap at Shop Rite.

#28 hyunkim

hyunkim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:36 AM

the last time i was there was last summer and they had two huge bins full of wii, ds, and ps2 shovelware. i looked through the bins for 5 minutes hoping to find something, but there was nothing. i don't think i'll bother checking

#29 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for this. Hit the two Burlingtons near me and struck gold (Uncharted for $15) at the second one. I never knew they carried software.

TIP: They stock games in two places. The first store I went to only had games back in toys (with books, DVDs, etc). So that's where I looked in the second store. But that store also had a narrow display just for games like the OP mentioned. That's where the better stuff was located.

#30 darkbase

darkbase

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

Came in here to say that I once saw a copy of The Breakfast Club on HDDVD at a BCF and thought it was odd, but my mind was blown when I saw that the OP saw this at THE EXACT SAME ONE IN LAKELAND, WHOA DUDE! Going to go to the Lakeland Square Mall tomorrow and look for this!
Posted Image