Totally worth it.

I politely disagree XD
Posted Image

#4 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

I can't believe I'm still doubting myself on this pickup.

I will probably end up picking this up . . . for better or for worse.

#5 rkrocks123

rkrocks123

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

Thanks, Cheapy. In for one.

Other deals:

Jericho (360) - $6.43
Fracture (360) - $12.14
Mirror's Edge (360) - $11.95
Afro Samurai (360) - $14.48

#6 krizax21

krizax21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

fracture is really bad still not worth it. thou mirror's edge is good at 12.00

#7 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:30 AM

Definitely worth it if you can find another filler item for free shipping.

#8 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

should I or shouldnt I? Damn good deal for this. How's replay value and if there are online achievements, forgetaboutit

#9 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:35 AM

I politely disagree XD

and I politely disagree with you disagreeing. I paid full price for B.C., and was not disappointed. It's sad seeing this game get such a bad rep., it's quite a good game. The story may be wacky, but the gameplay is extremely fun.

The only people I've heard complain about it are people who can't get used to the controls, and just end up dying a lot because of it. It seems to be love it or hate it.

Posted Image

#10 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:39 AM

and I politely disagree with you disagreeing. I paid full price for B.C., and was not disappointed. It's sad seeing this game get such a bad rep., it's quite a good game. The story may be wacky, but the gameplay is extremely fun.

The only people I've heard complain about it are people who can't get used to the controls, and just end up dying a lot because of it. It seems to be love it or hate it.

This man speaks the truth.

#11 Playgame38

Playgame38

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:43 AM

Thanks CheapyD, in for one! Still had $10 credit. :D
Posted Image
Game Collection: CAG

#12 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:43 AM

Used a $10 credit to get it for free.

#13 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:47 AM

should I or shouldnt I? Damn good deal for this. How's replay value and if there are online achievements, forgetaboutit

The game itself is very much enjoyable, the only problem with it was that it had a tone of collectibles, but never gave players chance to replay the game to come back unless players start the entire game as a new save. Also, challenges don't save by themselves when they are unlocked until players progress to next save point.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a minor issue but rather a major one.
whitespace

#14 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:47 AM

I liked it, and I paid 20$ for it.

It was enjoyable to me once I got the hang of the arm controls and I was soaring like a eagle lol

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#15 oakafanforlife

oakafanforlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:48 AM

I was at Gamecrazy today and I saw this game for $9.99 new. Just a heads up to those who might have a local Gamecrazy near.
Posted Image

#16 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

Jimi Hendrix's apprentice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

I just now bought bionic commando off of newegg. for 8.99 no tax & free shipping.

I had received the 5 dollars off promo in my email for newegg so the game actually only cost me 4.99 shipped.

I also used bing live search cashback for 18 cents back. :)

#17 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:54 AM

Just 7 or 8 dollars lower and I'll bite. :-P

#18 GilmooDaddy

GilmooDaddy

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:55 AM

I think Bionic Commando was one of the most underrated games to come out in a long while. The reviews were terrible, but I found it to be an extremely intense and over the top action game that just got better and better the more I played. Plus... Steve Blum does the voice of Super Joe.... you can't go wrong here. Haha

#19 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

The game itself is very much enjoyable, the only problem with it was that it had a tone of collectibles, but never gave players chance to replay the game to come back unless players start the entire game as a new save. Also, challenges don't save by themselves when they are unlocked until players progress to next save point.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a minor issue but rather a major one.

You mean the challenges are...challenging? :D

#20 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

You mean the challenges are...challenging? :D

No, irritating as a term of its system.
whitespace

#21 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

got it in a trade when it was on sale for $20. thought it was worth the price. very good game imo and i dont agree with all the hate on this one. it has a learning curve but once you get used to it it is very enjoyable, but a bit challenging at points, but that was expected going in it. anyone with the slightest interest in this game should try it for $9.
Posted Image

#22 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

hmmm still not sure I want to pull the trigger. It'll end up in my collection of games I will never open.

#23 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:43 AM

Is anybody playing this online still? I beat it on PS3, but for some stupid reason I want to buy it on 360 too for only $9.
Posted Image

#24 NedHead

NedHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:59 AM

This game was a mixed bag.

The bad:
-Most of the levels were fairly confined and bordered by a wall of "radioactive" fog. You WILL die numerous times as a result of accidentally walking into the fog and not being able to get out in time. An awful design decision.
-The main character looks stupid. Normally I wouldn't care but in this case it's so bad that it's worth noting.
-The story is awful. Again, I usually don't care but it's just so bad I had to mention it.
-The swinging motion was never as fluid as I would have wanted.
-The game throws some fairly annoying enemies at you, repeatedly, which are more challenging to defeat than they should be. It gets tiresome.

The good:
-The automatic lock on when swinging around works fairly well once you get used to it.
-It wasn't super long.
-I actually played it to the end, so in spite of its flaws it still manages to be fun enough to stay with.

I would have felt ripped off at full price but I paid $20 sometime last year and felt I got my money's worth. So for $10ish it's even better.

#25 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:03 AM

I completely agree with GilmooDaddy. Sure, this game is no masterpiece, but it's a FUN game. I thought the ending was incredibly awesome too, and this is coming from someone who has played the original Bionic Commando multiple times...not including Rearmed (which I also beat a couple times). For 8.99, I think I may buy another copy just to give to someone... My only complaint - the ugly hair style they chose for him :/
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#26 butters1290

butters1290

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:09 AM

I bought this game for full price on the day it came out and don't regret it at all. The multiplayer was fun while people were playing it and the single player is action-packed. For people that complain about the look of the main character, if you have BC: Rearmed you can get an alternate costume that isn't quite as bad.

#27 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

This game really sucks worth about 8 cents

#28 dieresis

dieresis

CAG Veteran Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

I just now bought bionic commando off of newegg. for 8.99 no tax & free shipping.

I had received the 5 dollars off promo in my email for newegg so the game actually only cost me 4.99 shipped.

I also used bing live search cashback for 18 cents back. :)

The FS @ Newegg can save you from finding a filler if you don't have Prime.
Use Bing Cashback to get 2% cashback at Newegg. When at Newegg, simply search "Bionic."
Or, use links:

I just ordered this from Newegg last week, so I hope to receive it soon :). Sorry to threadcrap, CheapyD.

#29 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

This game was really treated unfairly by reviewers.

I think a lot of people went into it expecting something similar to Spider-Man games, and in that case, you'll be disappointed, but if you don't mind an intense, if linear game, it's a lot of fun.

I paid $20 last summer and have no regrets.

#30 PeteyPie75

PeteyPie75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:19 AM

I had no fun playing this for the few hours that I did.
[URL="http://card.mygamercard.net/PeteyPie75.jpg"][/URL]