Photo
- - - - -

CAG contest is over....Congrats to Super_Nerd!

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#1 joshingit

joshingit

Banking on Bullets

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:00 AM

Congrats to Super_nerd. Expect a PM.

Previous Contests -
Nintendo Contest # 1
Microsoft Contest # 2
Community Contest # 3
Sloppy Seconds Contest # 4

As my GF pointed out, I don't give as much as I should... so as promised, another crap-tastic contest. :bouncy:

How to Enter : Post what your favorite game (any gen) is and why.
Restrictions : No NEWBIES FEB '10 join date
Ends : Late Sunday Feb 21, 2010 - REALLY.

Loot :

$25 Amazon Gift Card &

Pick from ONE Catagory below.
  • 1600 Microsoft Points
  • CoD Classic Code
-------------------------
  • 2000 Wii Points
  • Yoshi Plush
-------------------------
  • PSN Card
  • $15 Subway Card <--- Don't laugh.:-#
Thanks for entering!

Edited by joshingit, 24 February 2010 - 02:41 AM.

You don't have to understand here to be here.
'10 Spending Tab / '11 Spending Tab / '12 Spending Tab
Threadless

#2 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

It's tough to choose... this gen I've really liked Arkham Asylum (Such a quality game) and Mass Effect 1/2.

#3 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:14 AM

Super Mario World for the SNES. That game took hours upon hours of my life away. I didn't even own a SNES but I went to my cousins on the weekend and played that the entire time i was there. I remember just staying up until the wee hours in the morning playing it.
Blarg

Posted Image

#4 kakashi856

kakashi856

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:19 AM

My favorite game would be Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (followed closely by Banjo Tooie). I loved the story, characters ( The Boss/Big Boss specifically) and the setting. Not enough games take place in forest levels so it was wonderful. But the best thing about it was Metal Gear Online. I must have spent 500 hours+ on it, before winning the official tournament ( Team Deathmatch one ) and "retiring". Well...after flaunting my Kojima Pro emblem for a bit :) . MGS4's online just doesn't feel the same, and it's obvious the influx of FPS's have effected it a little too much for my taste. Oh and Snake vs Monkey. Best minigame EVER.

#5 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:20 AM

Final Fantasy 7. Cant beat a great story! Ive probably logged over 100 hours in that game.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#6 Gekkoton

Gekkoton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

My favorite game is Uncharted 2, it's amazing.

#7 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:25 AM

My favorite game is Bioshock, I really enjoy the hybrid of other game elements and the story is fantastic. I also enjoy the big daddy/little sister concept probably because Im a daddy myself to two little girls (coincidentally my three year old when she see's the opening cut scene always yells 'Be careful Big daddy' and doesn't seem to care about the normal looking guy he's fighting lol)
:cold:

#8 RyanJW

RyanJW

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

I can't win but that's okay! I'm still going to participate :)

My favorite game is Shenmue, definitely one of the most well-written unfinished stories I've ever seen.

#9 Reimu

Reimu

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

Final Fantasy IX - My favorite in the series. It has a heartwarming story, several likable characters, a memorable OST, beautiful visuals. Too many things to list, so I'll just leave it at that :)

#10 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

I would have to say mines is bioshock. I love the atmosphere in that game. Theres no other game like it.
Posted Image

#11 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:33 AM

Trials HD, it's really challenging. At it's heart, it's a platforming game with time trials. I've played a lot of great custom levels. I need to find some more track makers.
Posted Image

#12 Ratfoot

Ratfoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

Shadow of the Colossus, a game comprised of just great boss battles and godlike music.

#13 RonnieWrecked

RonnieWrecked

i starred in a snuff film

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

currently my favorite game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

even though i buy new games, i can't stop playing CoD.

and thanks for this contest OP

#14 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

Super Mario World for the SNES, grew up on this game always looking for all the hidden passage ways.

#15 AtarisBSBH98

AtarisBSBH98

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

Earthbound for the SNES because it has a great story with quirky characters and dialog, and it is still so different from every other rpg coming out even today.

I'll for the Microsoft Points category

#16 tinman_licks

tinman_licks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

Loved ICO for its atmosphere and love interest. Sad ending that had a glimmer of hope in the end.

#17 dwb6

dwb6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:54 AM

banjo kazooie and banjo tooie. they always kept me entertained when i was a little kid with its childish yet mature storyline and its vibrant colors. i bought both of them on xbl arcade but I will still sometimes break out the old N64 just to play them since they have a much better feel on the n64. Its to bad nuts and bolts wasn't that great since i really wanted to play a new banjo kazooie game.
Posted Image
Google powered search engine. Almost identical to Bing rewards but offers way better rewards and is easier to earn swagbucks (points)
http://points2shop.com//banners/184785
Use points (earned by playing games, filling out easy surveys, or many other simple ways) to purchase stuff off of amazon.com

#18 deadbodyman11

deadbodyman11

Pines for Cedars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1, without a doubt. The best game ever made, I've been playing the game since it released in 98, and I've played and beaten it a total of Thirty Seven times, and I am currently working on playthrough thirty-eight.
This gen, I'd have to go with Mass Effect 2. Modern Warfare 2 and Arkham Asylum were both great as well. I also sunk quite a few hours into Oblivion and Fallout 3.

#19 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:03 AM

Super Mario World. Really fun and challenging. And I guess it also holds nostalgic value for me as well.

#20 superDESTROYMAN

superDESTROYMAN

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

Chrono Trigger for SNES. I am a fan of space and time traveling, and this story was able to jump from the very beginning of time, to the very distant future, all while having an amazing storyline. Plus Frog was a badass, and has a very saddening story.

Since im talking about chrono trigger, if you have never played it, go buy it for DS. You will not be disappointed.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/SUPERDESTROYMAN"]Posted Image[/URL]

#21 TTarantox

TTarantox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:05 AM

The World Ends with You on Nintendo DS because the story was great and the gameplay was challenging and fun. It also had a catchy soundtrack

#22 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:08 AM

mario kart for SNES. i loved knocking people off rainbow road

:-s

#23 Mastastic

Mastastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Grandia on the PS1. Getting to the wall at the end of the world was/is one of my favorite moments in gaming.

#24 Rising

Rising

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

With out a doubt, it has to be Final Fantasy VII because of the characters, music, and especially the storyline.

#25 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

My very favorite game of the N64 era is Goemon's Great Adventure. It's truly the best co-op platformer ever made. It rewards (and often requires) teamwork, every character is worthwhile, the story is compellingly bizarre, and the game is the perfect length: A healthy main quest, numerous side quests, but (with one notable exception) no bloat at all. It's expansive without being aimless, focused without being overly simplistic.

I've easily played through the entire game at least half a dozen times, including once in Japanese, so that I would see the musical numbers (yes, musical numbers) that were omitted from the North American release.

Granted, I have a soft spot for all of the oddball platform games of that era (Mischief Makers comes to mind) and for the Ganbare Goemon series as a whole. But there's just no topping Goemon's Great Adventure. If the game ever sees a Virtual Console release, I'll be dancing a jig. A jig, I tells ya.

#26 Hestar

Hestar

Artax! Stupid Horse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

Nes- Crystalis
Snes- Chrono Trigger
Genesis - Earth worm jim/Toe jam & Earl
N64 - Army men sarges heroes
Ps1 - FF7/8/9/Xenogears/lunar
Dreamcast - Skies of arcadia/Jet grind radio
Ps2 - FFX/shadow hearts/nocturne
Xbox - Halo/Halo 2
Ps3 - Valkyria Chronicles
Xbox 360 - Tales of vesperia

Yeah,Dunno why I named all those, I had to think about it for a sec.Outta all those I'd still say FFX is still my all-time fav game.Loved the characters,story,amazing soundtrack and I knew as soon as I heard/watched the intro,I knew this game would be a special one.One of the only games to get me teary eyed at the end..Yeah,I said it :P.
Posted Image

Macklin....you son of a bitch 8-)

#27 HarkenSlash

HarkenSlash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

Super Metroid, because the atmosphere, music, gameplay, and story all mesh together so well that you forget that it's just an SNES game.

#28 platinumsoldier

platinumsoldier

Renegade Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

My favorite is Kingdom Hearts 2 for the PS2. It had one of the best introducing cutscenes and the game and story was amazing.
Posted Image

Join these two sites and get $5 instantly on each site + cashback everytime you shop at a huge selection of online stores:
- http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=3WCfa4iHapgtMzi6B08uwg%3D%3D
- http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=451386

#29 aihuman

aihuman

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:19 AM

Machinarium because if defines what a game is and what a game should be.Best adventure game I've played...pardon the cliche;ever.The atmosphere,music,the sounds,the characters are combined so well;it makes the game come alive.Your brain, will hurt from lack of stimulus,when you finish this game.You and everyone here on CAG should play it.Really,really,good,fantastic experience.
Posted Image

#30 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES. That game will never ever get old no matter how many years pass.