101 replies to this topic

#1 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

Today's Amazon Deal of the Day:

:360::ps3::wii: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $19.99

Edited by CheapyD, 17 February 2010 - 01:45 PM.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#2 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

buwahaha amazon is one-upping a bunch of retailers these last two quarters

#3 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

Keep in Mind DLC has been pulled for this game and you can not play with people who have the DLC as the compatibility patch is also gone. And while I'm here, Fuck Activision.

#4 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thanks, picked up the 360 version.

#5 jello44

jello44

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:18 AM

Keep in Mind DLC has been pulled for this game and you can not play with people who have the DLC as the compatibility patch is also gone. And while I'm here, Fuck Activision.

Yeah, that really sucks. I would have bought this if the DLC was still avaiable. Ah well, save some money and get to finish others I have in waiting.

#6 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

Wow, why in the shit did they do that? Screw it. I didn't even finish the first game yet.

#7 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

Worth it? I dug the first one and I've got $40 in amazon credit.

#8 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

Well that's certainly bizzare...so basically if you bought the DLC, you basically have to delete it to play with most of the people that would have the game? And how do they even remove a compatibility patch, was it available separately on the marketplace rather than being an in-game patch?

I really don't see why they would remove DLC for a game...licensing issue?

#9 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

yep, distribution rights went away so no more DLC. Heard some of the new characters were buggy as hell and caused the game to crash. Then again, the whole game is kinda buggy. I played my brothers copy, and even though I didn't experience that much, it did crash a couple times in my playthrough. This does however make the notion of a Gold Edition, ala the first game, pretty much non-existent as well, so if you're holding out for that, don't get your hopes up.

#10 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:32 AM

i possibly would have jumped at this price, but my friend bought it on clearance a few weeks ago so i'll just borrow it from him later.

#11 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

Well that's certainly bizzare...so basically if you bought the DLC, you basically have to delete it to play with most of the people that would have the game? And how do they even remove a compatibility patch, was it available separately on the marketplace rather than being an in-game patch?

Yep. When any DLC content was released, they put up both a "content pack" and a "content compatibility pack". The second one was free, and necessary if you ever wanted to play with someone that actually bought the content pack. So, yeah, people that bought it long ago need to delete the DLC if they want to play it with anyone that buys it now.

#12 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

Waiting for it to drop to 10 before i touch this.

#13 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

I'd pick it up for this price, any other good deals to get the last few bucks for free shipping?

#14 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:53 AM

Good thing I got that compatibility thing when it came out. I don't own MUA2 yet.

#15 namtrahj

namtrahj

Well-wisher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

I hadn't heard about Activision pulling the DLC. Seriously, Fuck Activision. I was planning on buying this but forget it--I'll get it used. The less money Activision gets from me the better.
47029.pngfs.png
ach.png

#16 Vangerdahast

Vangerdahast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

sold mine for $37 to Amazon about a month after I bought it. I kept my DLC so I could pick it up again & finish some achievements on the 360 & have it in case they provide some more characters to play with. it was fun, & $20 new is not bad if you never played it. I will reluctantly pass. Thanks for the info fellas, if I didn't see this I would have bit.

here's to procrastinating while finishing a paper @2am.

#17 tigerpants

tigerpants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

Waiting for it to drop to 10 before i touch this.

i would just skip this one altogether. if you haven't played the first one, get that. might cost you $5 max. otherwise, just move along.

#18 Vangerdahast

Vangerdahast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

I'd pick it up for this price, any other good deals to get the last few bucks for free shipping?

Bionic Commando for $8.99

Edited by Vangerdahast, 17 February 2010 - 09:01 AM.
price error

#19 Nitro_

Nitro_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:11 AM

I broke down and bought it, I feel so guilty spending 19.99 on it. I am getting cheap

#20 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

Thanks, OP. I was gonna pick this up for $40 from Toys R Us using some of my gift cards, but I figured it'd be down to $20 before too long. Anxious to check it out... thoroughly enjoyed the 1st game.

#21 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Wow, why in the shit did they do that? Screw it. I didn't even finish the first game yet.

Activision's contract with Marvel expired as of Dec. 31, so Activision can no longer sell content that has the Marvel license. It's unknown as to why it wasn't renewed.

Any existing copies of the game can still be continued to be sold in new condition, but Activision can no longer make any DLC available or publish any new copies of the game.

It's also not just MUA 2, it also pertains to MUA 1 and the Spiderman games that Activision published.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#22 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

Picked up the 360 version....loved the first one!

#23 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

Heck, I'm down for a PS3 copy. This actually looks a lot better than the first one. >$20 is my breaking point where I'll break down and get a game I'm fairly interested in. If you catch these games right when they drop or go on sale, chances are you can play them for a week or two and get your money back if you choose to do so.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#24 VaRIABLE SoUL

VaRIABLE SoUL

I Live in Rapture

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

I wish I spent $20 on this game and not $60. It's a fun game but kind of a let down.

Just FYI if you plan on doing co-op make sure you and your buddies have the same save files (ie- start the game together, only play together). co-op is really glitchy and diff save files will negate people from getting achievements or even advancing in the game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 harrymcback

harrymcback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

Thanks. My wife has been wanting this but I had been holding out for the $20 price point.
Harry McBack
Posted Image

#26 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

I was about to get it. However, the infamous DMCA law that caused Activision to pull the DLC allows me to buy it when it goes to $10.

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#27 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

Considering all the issues I've heard about with this game, I'll wait till it inevitably hits $10 in a few months. Still have to play through the first one again with my gf :P

Posted Image

#28 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

It's probably worth a shot at $20, but IMHO this was a lot worse than the first one.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#29 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

Worth it? I dug the first one and I've got $40 in amazon credit.

No. Keep your fond memories of the first one and forget there was ever a sequel.

#30 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

So if Activision can't make any new Marvel games, does that mean they can't Fuck people over again when they double dip with a "Gold Edition" of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: GOLD EDITION!!11!! or a Platinum Hits with the DLC on the disc?

The first game had all the DLC on disc in the Gold & Platinum re-releases.