#1 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Game hit the states on 3/16/10

Official Website

Newegg Listing

Controller support confirmed!

Edited by Jodou, 16 March 2010 - 02:00 PM.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

New gameplay video (WARNING: not for the squeamish, somewhat gory):

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

I've been intrigued by this game ever since it was announced. It's supposedly much more story driven and linear than the STALKER series, but I'm ok with that.

Great video too!

#4 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Gamespot video preview.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

I've been intrigued by this game ever since it was announced. It's supposedly much more story driven and linear than the STALKER series, but I'm ok with that.

I'm getting tired of linear games being perceived as a bad thing. I like me some scripted experiences.

#6 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

3D Vision, DX11, and PhysX. I know it won't mean much at release since NVidia can't even get profiles out for 2-3 month old games, but it might be sweet a few months from now. Can't justify full price for it but $37 isn't bad.

#7 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Is there a reason this thread isn't in deals? Usually its the other way around.

#8 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

Good deal, was on the fence on getting this game now or waiting for a sale, but at that price it might as well be a sale :D

#9 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

I thought 360 controller support was required in order for a game to be classified in GfW. Not that I would use one in this case, but it's always nice to have the option.

Regardless, I might just pick this up as I always like to buy games that offer PhysX support.

#10 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

I'm getting tired of linear games being perceived as a bad thing. I like me some scripted experiences.

Yeah. I'm sick of everyone thinking games need to be sandbox and have some multiplayer. Sometimes it's nice to just play a scripted single player game. I'd rather do that and have it be a blast than have a game that tries to do way to many things and is just mediocre at all of them.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#11 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:17 AM

I thought 360 controller support was required in order for a game to be classified in GfW. Not that I would use one in this case, but it's always nice to have the option.

Regardless, I might just pick this up as I always like to buy games that offer PhysX support.

Nope, it isn't required when you don't support controllers at all. If you do decide to support controllers in a GFWL game you have to have the 360 controller compatible then.

#12 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

Can't wait till it's under $5.00 or freeware ;)

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#13 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

Nope, it isn't required when you don't support controllers at all. If you do decide to support controllers in a GFWL game you have to have the 360 controller compatible then.

I stand corrected.

As a heads up, there appears to be a Limited Edition version of this game, but it looks like only for the European market. However, you can order it from Game (UK) for £29.99, making the price about US $54 shipped. Might be cool to get if you're looking for something different.

#14 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

Yeah. I'm sick of everyone thinking games need to be sandbox and have some multiplayer. Sometimes it's nice to just play a scripted single player game. I'd rather do that and have it be a blast than have a game that tries to do way to many things and is just mediocre at all of them.

Oh I love linear games too. I never meant to imply that this game will be the less for it. I really am looking forward to it.

I don't think games need to have open-world or multiplayer tacked on for it to be fun. Usually most of those hours are spent just getting to the place where the fun starts (GTA4).

#15 Gspoon

Gspoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

It looks like a more polished STALKER game. I hope the localization is better than the STALKER series though. Now I am hoping for McGuiver style weapons.

#16 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

Is there a reason this thread isn't in deals? Usually its the other way around.

It started as a PC thread, but then I saw the deal after I made it. I suppose I can repost that part in the deals forum.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#17 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

It started as a PC thread, but then I saw the deal after I made it. I suppose I can repost that part in the deals forum.

Ok, I thought maybe there was a method to the madness ;) Of course sad thing is you were still the first to post over there too. Not really a ton of PC love at CAG.

#18 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

PC Specs released:

Metro 2033 PC Specs Revealed

Those optimum specs are RIDICULOUS. Hope this game is optimized well.

#19 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

I beat the recommended, but those optimum are a rough go until I decide to build a Win 7 PC.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#20 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

Looking forward to it.

Since I game on my workstation I meet the optimum outside of the video card that isn't even released yet and i7 since I run a server board. If the game is coded well for multcores (hopefull can handle and use more then 4) and actually takes use of lots of ram then I should be in for a nice treat.

For those curious I run
2xXeon 5355 @2.66 (8 cores total)
16 GB RAM
GTX260

#21 Gspoon

Gspoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

I haven't even heard of that video card lineup/series yet.I wonder why the hell would they even mention a card that has not hit the market yet. Thats the kind of crap that makes people think it cost $3000+ to get a pc to play games.

#22 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

I beat the recommended, but those optimum are a rough go until I decide to build a Win 7 PC.

Yeah, I easily beat the recommended, but those optimum are ridiculous. I hate that this is clearly going to be another one of those "The way it's meant to be played" games, AKA, it'll run better on Nvidia cards just because. As long as they dont pull some Batman shenanigans though where ATI users cant enable AA, I'll still likely buy it though...assuming it's optimized and runs well.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#23 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, I easily beat the recommended, but those optimum are ridiculous. I hate that this is clearly going to be another one of those "The way it's meant to be played" games, AKA, it'll run better on Nvidia cards just because. As long as they dont pull some Batman shenanigans though where ATI users cant enable AA, I'll still likely buy it though...assuming it's optimized and runs well.

It should run fine on ATI cards, being that the Radeon 5xxx series are the only parts right now that support DirectX 11; the developers are actively touting DX11 support for Metro 2033.

I haven't even heard of that video card lineup/series yet.I wonder why the hell would they even mention a card that has not hit the market yet. Thats the kind of crap that makes people think it cost $3000+ to get a pc to play games.

Those cards are going to be announced at PAX next month.

#24 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Mine should be here today and I might actually take a break from BFBC2 to play it. The new trailer is pretty sweet even if it does rip off "In the House In a Heartbeat" from 28 Days Later.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#25 clok1966

clok1966

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

so, out to day (im loading now on steam... and at work for 4 more hours!) hows it play? somebody must be checking it out. Dang just DL BFBC2 last night, and this today, and still havent beat AvP..... so much gameing goodness (and STEAM IS LEGAL CRACK!).

#26 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

Just started downloading a few minutes ago. If the DL speeds keep at where they are I should be playing in 40 mins from now :D

#27 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:13 AM

Oh boy, this does not look good...

http://www.gametrail...etro-2033/63220

#28 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

Been playing for a bit over an hour so far and the atmosphere in this game is great. You definitely feel like you are struggling to survive (in a good way). Sneaking around having to watch out for trip wires and home made booby traps and alarm systems as well as broken glass and such that can give away your position.

The environments are great and the few stations I've been too all have their own personality to them as well as their inhabitants.

The shooting does remind me a lot of stalkers so far, but I also have some crappy guns atm and they are pretty much made in the metro before everything changed so quality of how they shoot shows. Having ammo as your currency definitely makes you think out your attack or how to get pass mutants/bandits or whatever else you come across.

Graphics and audio are top notch, noticed some small glitches but nothing too big so far.

I haven't come across any issues like in the video above with the AI. I've actually fond so far the AI to be pretty decent. They respond to noises their friends make when you kill them as well as if you step on broken glass or run around or hit the tin can alarms hanging.

In a lot of areas you have the option of playing the game as a stealth game, you have throwing knives and have a light meter as well, so I can see where some issues can arise that do in other stealth games. Hell in most situations you really should play as stealthy as you can to conserve ammo and to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

I was on the surface and this wolf mutant monster thing was by itself, and when it saw me it ran off and I thought oh good don't need to waste ammo and potentially get my gas mask cracked some fighting it. Moment later I hear a howl and a freaking pack of them come to attack me, I was like shit lol.

I am just loving the feeling you get playing it though. Knowing that supplies are tight, have what all is out there in the tunnels and such and you having to survive to get to your destination. Most the time I don't even want to use my flashlight cause it can give away your location if you haven't scouted out the area and just using the natural light that is emitting from these shrooms as well as random lights on in the tunnels. Great sense of it all though.

#29 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

This is what happens when you go full retard. Never go full retard, man.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#30 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

A couple of people reported that same thing about this game on other forums. *shake his head*

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!