Mayday's Contest: 13 Months of Xbox Live Code

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hey Guys, I have a a code for 13 months of Xbox Live what I no longer need as I don't have an Xbox anymore, so I decided to hold a contest on CAG!

Instructions:

All you've gotta do is reply in the thread what's your favourite feature on Xbox Live and why you like it so much.

I'll end the contest in one week, and will PM the winner.

Good Luck!

#2 slickjones

slickjones

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

The fact that pretty much every game has trial mode. It's really important to test out a game before buying, especially if it's one you don't know a lot about.

#3 Soy Bob

Soy Bob

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

The great thing about 360 isn't beating the games, it's showing everyone that I did.

#4 DaveStrife

DaveStrife

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

The Party Chat, it's good to finally be able to talk to a group of my friends while we're all in different games, it was so annoying back when only private chat was available and I could only talk to my friends one at a time.

#5 Malfi0us

Malfi0us

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

Being able to watch previews of games & usualy play the demos/watch videos of them.

#6 dark_archon

dark_archon

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

I'm not that much into massive online gameplay. I like myself some Singleplayer action and as funny as it may sound: I actually like XBL better than the PSN even when I play on my own or with just friends.

Playing online feels quite awkaward to me as people who usually play a game online love it and are pros. Well, I play occasionally and for fun and as such I don't really enjoy being murdered over and over again.

(Mind, I'm not crap at video games, but getting stuck in lv 900000 prestige player matches in MW2 is quite annoying, even when I'm usually not at the bottom of the foodchain ;)

It's not that I don't like playing with others, it's just that I love playing splitscreen with "physical" friends - it's probably got something to with how I was raised on (and still love) classic video games.

Probably because of that, my favourite feature is the ability to log in two XBL accounts simultaneously for split-screen co-op. People usually take this for granted - those people never played on the PS3. I love me some Rock Band 2 - and I play it on my PS3 - my guests are always annoyed that they cannot log in with their PSN accounts.

To be honest, it's a shame that gamers these days tend to limit their interaction with other players. I thing that games are more fun when shared with others: when you can laugh in their face when they lose, or annoy them just to get a couple extra points. You say you interact over Live? No, you talk to a box and if you are lucky you don't get to listen to a nazi 12-year old.

And if that doesn't count, because that's kind of a anti-live feature (we do play online though, even when we play split-screen!), I really appreciate the (mostly forgotem) TrueSkill/Rep system. Yes, I know it's flawed and yes, I think the big M should put more time into it but I use it a lot to actually see if a person (be it a friend or a stranger) is worth dealing with. (TrueSkill on Magic The Gathering acutally helped me find a couple friends on similar skill level - playing with those people made the game so much better and intense) That's one thing I would love to see implemented on the PS3 in the future, btw.

There, and sorry about the wall of text

#7 GameOnJohn

GameOnJohn

No Disintegrations!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Demos of all the Arcade games so you can play before you buy.

#8 adam1909

adam1909

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

It's hard to put into words, because my first thoughts were "meh..", but actually thinking about it, I think that the best thing about Xbox Live is that it lets you have friendly competition and co-operative play with anyone; whether it's between friends comparing achievements, attempting to "pwn" people on C.O.D., or anything inbetween. :)

#9 Liam.

Liam.

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

The Arcade. 'Splosion Man, Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex are 3 of my favourite games this gen. Can't wait for the Summer, and Sonic 4.

#10 johans90

johans90

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

All of the offers and information you can recieve from videos on inside xbox, to the deal of week where i get the majority of my arcade games and add on packs, im to cheap to pay the full price for anything haha.
So really its the general entertainment factor i get from live, and it dosent even have to be when im playing a game, but it does help!

#11 widow123

widow123

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Indie games,
Games like Chime are a prime example,
for a game thats non-prpfit that gives like 60% of the earnings to charity its just awesome, as well as the fact that the game itself is really good.

400mp, well worth it imo
Posted Image

#12 shaxster

shaxster

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

Probably the fact that you can try a game without buying, and also the online system is great because of party chat, for two reasons. One, it's useful if your playing a game online with your friends. Without it, we would have to listen to insulting language and be harassed every time we play online. Two, cross game voice chat is AWESOME, without it I wouldn't be able to talk to my friends while playing MW2, as most of them play other games. Also, the reward system is nice, and all the menus are nicely laid out.

#13 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

I'll say 1vs100. It's one of the many features of xbox live, but it is always fun to get a group of buddies together, answering questions trying to get on the mob of be the one on a live show. Also, it's pretty funny to see everyone tapping Y to try and get their avatar to do a funky dance!

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#14 bvcxz11

bvcxz11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Tie, Netflix streaming & 1 vs 100

#15 MysticRB

MysticRB

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

I think the best feature of Xbox live like everyone else is the trials/Demo's. Gotta love em, I get to try before I buy. And since I just bought a 360, and have no games, it's nice to download an ars load of demo's and play them.. on my silver account :(

*Hint* *Hint*

Nah but really thats generous of you for giving away something on CAG.

#16 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

Definitely integrated Netflix streaming.
Posted Image

#17 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

It's a combination of the two, really. Trial versions of everything combined with Marketplace on the web.

Not being able to trial games on the other systems doesn't do it for me, it puts me off buying them. They say "don't judge a book by its cover" and yet the 360 is the only system that allows me to play the game (before dismissing it as overpriced crap).
Furhtermore, the fact I can queue up trials, or other downloads in general, from the internet is a great help with that should I be away from the 360.

EDIT: Oi, yanks, get out of here this isn't for you. The code isn't valid for you anyway.
Posted Image

#18 toythatkills

toythatkills

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

The best feature of XBL by far is Indie Games. Very slow start but recently there has been some amazing stuff coming out, and a lot of it is utterly essential. Far, far better than XBLA has been in recent months.

Just amazing stuff. Pocoro, Johnny Platform, the Alpha Secret Base Stuff and soon, Shoot 1UP, if you haven't checked this stuff out you absolutely need to.

#19 jb_25

jb_25

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

The best feature of xbl is the fast that it's easy to see what my friends are up to. The interface makes is simple to see what your friends are doing and to communicate with them. After all, to me the whole point of being online is to play with friends.

#20 iCEMAN_noob

iCEMAN_noob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

I love the in-game chat. You can have up to 8 people, all playing different games, talking together. That's definitely the best thing about the Xbox 360.

#21 negid

negid

Say what?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

I love the free demo downloads so I can get a feel for a game before I buy/rent.

Posted Image

#22 platinumsoldier

platinumsoldier

Renegade Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

The party system, it's really handy to have since you and all your friends can play different games and still be able to communicate easily.
Posted Image

Join these two sites and get $5 instantly on each site + cashback everytime you shop at a huge selection of online stores:
- http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=3WCfa4iHapgtMzi6B08uwg%3D%3D
- http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=451386

#23 totoguy

totoguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

I just like making my avatar dizzy.

#24 Hdfisise

Hdfisise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

I think the marketplace is the best feature as if I have to buy DLC and games it is nice that it actually works well!

#25 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

braggin' rights.
they are soooo vintage, i fall back to my arcade records when i was 8 and proud

you cannot beat nostalgia

#26 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

I like being able to compare scores/progress/etc with those on your friend's list.

#27 xboxfanboy

xboxfanboy

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

i think its the achievements that make xbox special personally i would never play again if it wasnt for that, gamerscore is what adds purpose to the game, a way to show your success

#28 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

I can't really think of anything, I've been playing the ps3 more lately.

#29 Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:12 AM

The complete integration of the friends' list/matchmaking is pretty slick. Thanks for offering up this great contest, it's very generous.
Latest Miis I've Made: Conan O'brien and a kick ass Johnny Cash.

#30 letmeinnow

letmeinnow

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

Achievements, I dont know what it is about them but i cant live without them anymore.