Photo
- - - - -

Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon gets you exclusive costumes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
224 replies to this topic

#1 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

I'm not sure how 'exclusive' this will end up being, but the Amazon.com says it is. I haven't seen any such announcement at Gamestop yet.

You can see pictures of the costumes here (via giantbomb.com).

#2 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

i would imagine they would just charge for it later. ill get a discount at GS, so hopefully they get something similar

#3 shouamabane

shouamabane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:57 AM

The PS3 version is $35 with gold box discount. As far as I know that's the best deal out there.

#4 Danro

Danro

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

For those of us already going to purchase SSF4, might as well get a lil extra bonus. Excellent.
Posted Image

#5 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:02 AM

I'll get 15% off with the "hookup" and already have a ton of credit at GS because of the current promo.

wouldn't mind getting free costumes, but it's only a side thing. The PC version has WAY more better costumes

#6 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:12 AM

Hell yeah. Love amazon.

#7 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

I need this, now!!!!

They need to lower the Xbox 360 version's price a.s.a.p.

#8 Zekolot

Zekolot

Cereal Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:24 AM

Sweet! Thanks OP
Posted Image

#9 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:36 AM

on a side note, didn't capcom say there would be a special reward for people who kept there copies of sf4 when ssf4 came out? did they ever give more details? because it seems like just a lie to make it so people wouldn't trade there copies in (people like me).

#10 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:37 AM

idk....

its already a plat hit. it really can't get too much lower

#11 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

on a side note, didn't capcom say there would be a special reward for people who kept there copies of sf4 when ssf4 came out? did they ever give more details? because it seems like just a lie to make it so people wouldn't trade there copies in (people like me).

I'd be interested in this as well, was going to send in my copy of SFIV to Amazon to take off an extra $12 off this. :(

Nevermind, after thinking about it I don't really see any way that it would matter other than some sort of disc check. Bye bye SFIV. :D

Edited by helmet, 25 February 2010 - 04:14 AM.

#12 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:38 AM

damn capcom for not including all the costume in the game.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#13 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:41 AM

I'd be interested in this as well, was going to send in my copy of SFIV to Amazon to take off an extra $12 off this. :(

Nevermind, after thinking about it I don't really see any way that it would matter other than some sort of disc check. Bye bye SFIV. :D

damn see your lucky having the ps3 version, xbox one gets $3, it's not even worth it at that price

#14 Snirandone

Snirandone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

I'm still waiting for my Uncharted 2 treasure map.

#15 nelson77

nelson77

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

I read costume and for some reason thought Halloween costume. My hopes of shopping at Walmart in a Street Fighter costume were dashed upon reading the page. :(
A man is not measured by his character, but by tangible things. Like the octane his vehicle uses or his processor's speed. http://jpghost.info/cag

#16 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:10 AM

I'm still waiting for my Uncharted 2 treasure map.

That thing was useless. It was a totally separate "game" on the ps3 menu that would show you a video of where the treasure was. Then you;d have to remember that for when you got to the treasure once you backed out of that. opened the game, and played it to that point. That is why we have youtube.

I agree Capcom should be putting all alternate costumes in the game. They should be unlockables just like in the good old days. Truly this is the age of companies milking DLC.:cry:

#17 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:13 AM

id say you REALLY have to be into a specific character to pay for extra costumes.

I bought one of the packs on the 360 (smaller ones), then wound up never using those costumes, or the characters that much

#18 argyle

argyle

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

I ditched my SFIV just after this one was announced, but I left the game data on my PS3 on the off chance that that's what they use to see if you own the original or not. :-P

I'll be using some of the credits that I'm getting for preordering other games from Amazon towards this. Free costumes will just be a bonus. ;)
Posted Image

#19 geogerf

geogerf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:22 AM

costumes are a must-buy for any fans that play this game. i honestly can't play any other game over and again like sf4... so seeing alt versions of characters are a good change...

#20 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:29 AM

I've never been into the eye-candy DLC like costumes and such... but getting it for free is a nice little bonus.

#21 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

OP: The bonus is a five-costume pack, one of many. Pre-ordering gets it for you for free, after that it will be available as paid DLC without doubt.
So it isn't really exclusive, but it is a nice bonus if you are going to buy the game anyway.

#22 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

I'm waiting to see what the secret special is

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#23 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

Capcom can suck my nuts. Another fucking costume pack? Isn't it enough that you charged for costumes on day one of the games release? Just give the fans the fucking costumes already. Jesus christ... $60 when the game first comes out and $5 costume packs I believe it was... And now $40 for a rerelease with ONE of FIVE costume packs?

#24 bungletrpg

bungletrpg

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

If GameStop doesn't get something like this, I'm canceling my preorder there and going to Amazon.
(Only reason I bought it at GameStop was because I had credit. GameStop sucks.)
Posted Image

#25 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:11 AM

is the april 27th release date legit?

#26 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

Nice. Already had a preorder at Amazon.

#27 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:18 AM

Capcom can suck my nuts. Another fucking costume pack? Isn't it enough that you charged for costumes on day one of the games release? Just give the fans the fucking costumes already. Jesus christ... $60 when the game first comes out and $5 costume packs I believe it was... And now $40 for a rerelease with ONE of FIVE costume packs?

Original SF4 was like that too. They later released a full costume pack that was actually cheaper than if you bought the packs separately when the game was released.

Still lame.

#28 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:21 AM

hopefully they put all the girls in one pack, that's the only one that matters really.

#29 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:24 AM

I smell future dlc!!

Seriously I thought SFIV was amazing, but for some reason Capcom thinks this is the SNES and can just release newer titles with Super attached to it and subtitles for future releases. There's too many great games coming out, 40 bucks is a great deal, but seeing that and seeing how titles usually get a pricedrop from amazon sooner or later... I think I'll just wait.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

According to Capcom's site blog they call it a:
"pre-order timed-exclusive "Super Classic Costume" pack"
So they'll be out later. I recall seeing on their Japanese blog (translation) that this pack of costumes would be free there until Julyu. US will probably get these as DLC around then too.

I bet they will roll the packs out weekly and not have an all-in-one discounted pack until months later like they did before. Giving one pack out for pre-orders seems like a sneaky way to get people to buy them individually at a higher cost then wait til an all-in-one pack.