#1 weevles

weevles

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

Amazon has a bunch of Xbox 360 accessories on sale, including:

Wireless Controller (Black / White) $29.99
Arcade Play Wireless Controller Pack (Black) $37.99
Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit (Red) $39.99

:360: Xbox 360 Gearfest at Amazon

Edited by CheapyD, 01 March 2010 - 06:36 AM.

#2 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

nice just the deal i needed, my red controller is screwing up badly needed a replacement

#3 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

My left thumbstick on both my controllers is just constantly going forward. Really fucking annoying. Anyone know if some controllers are less prone to this? I have a white controller and a halo 3 console controller and they're both garbage.

#4 SNESimon

SNESimon

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

The red controller is bad ass looking. Looks much better in person
than in those pics.

#5 weevles

weevles

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

Haven't really had any problem with my stock controllers...knock on wood. >_<

#6 SNESimon

SNESimon

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:30 AM

My left thumbstick on both my controllers is just constantly going forward. Really fucking annoying. Anyone know if some controllers are less prone to this? I have a white controller and a halo 3 console controller and they're both garbage.

I've had a wireless white controller since I got it at launch and it still works perfectly, so maybe you got a defective one?

#7 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

I've had a wireless white controller since I got it at launch and it still works perfectly, so maybe you got a defective one?

Maybe, idk. Both my controllers are doing it though. I think it may be a side effect of playing so much MW2 and constantly holding up on the the left stick. The green one that came with the system died quick (Nevermind the fact the headset never worked) and then the white one I've had since launch was fine until I started using it to play MW2 a month or so ago and now its done too. The arcade pack looks like a good deal to me. I already have bomberman so the problems with that not working dont bother me.

#8 xodome

xodome

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

The left stick gets stuck, right? The same thing happened to three of my 360 controllers now that I think about it. Two are wireless and one is wired. I have a black 360 controller that's somewhat old but I haven't had any issues with it so far....

#9 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

I think all controllers have that problem, the black one that came with my elite goes towards the right while the red one goes to the left not to mention the X and B button are somewhat getting stuck

#10 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

Another widespread problem with microsoft hardware eh? That's craziness. Oh well, not really any other option other than buying another one. At least they aren't 60 dollars anymore.

#11 bigdogn12

bigdogn12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

Anyone have any issues where your wireless headset works with some controllers while it doesn't work with others? The wireless headset occupies the same quarter of the ring as the controller you're using it on. For some reason, it won't work with one of my red controllers. When the red controller occupies the first quartet, I can connect the headset to quartets 2, 3, and 4, but not 1. I do not have this issue with my other controllers.

#12 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

My red one's right thumbstick press in(r3) doesn't work. Instead, it goes off when you press the guide button(though the guide button works fine as well, other than that side effect). Kind of pissing me off, especially since I like the d-pad more than the white that came with my system.

#13 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

I looked at the amazon comments for the red one and is it really true that the red controller has the improved 8-way d-pad? I heard that only some limited edition mint green one had it but do other colors have it too? I'd go for a red one if it had the better d-pad on it.

#14 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Oh man, I thought this was just me. It's been driving me nuts. However the weird thing is it only happens to me on Bioware games (DA and ME2)

evophile.pngevophile.png

#15 luxarific

luxarific

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

Is the D-pad better on the Red?

#16 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

The 360 Wireless Controller For Windows is also on sale for $39.99. This is nice because it's the regular white controller plus the wireless receiver for PC that is no longer available separately. The MSRP for that is $59.99, so it's a good deal now. I'm thinking about picking one up.

And no, the D-Pad for all current 360 controllers are the same. There was a green controller in Europe that had an improved D-Pad, but it never made the States.

decker%2001.jpg

#17 illini1010

illini1010

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

no, the red ones have the same d-pad

#18 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

Thank you been looking for one for awhile now. Does anybody know where to buy cheap charging batteries?

#19 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Crap, I just ordered one 2 days ago for$36.99 and it says it shipped already but hasn't arrived. I e-mailed amazon about a reimbursment. Will it happen ?
Posted Image

#20 Bootleg Zani

Bootleg Zani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

The white controllers I have work flawlessly while the red ones I have are prone to have weak battery packs or something because they never hold a charge for very long. Also the red ones are only sold in a pack with the battery pack outside of the one that came with the RE5 console. I would recommend any color over the red simply due to the faulty battery packs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

my red one constantly drifts to the left on games with low dead zones like tropico 3 and mass effect 2. I bought a replacement last week.. shit.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#22 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

The 360 Wireless Controller For Windows is also on sale for $39.99. This is nice because it's the regular white controller plus the wireless receiver for PC that is no longer available separately. The MSRP for that is $59.99, so it's a good deal now. I'm thinking about picking one up.

And no, the D-Pad for all current 360 controllers are the same. There was a green controller in Europe that had an improved D-Pad, but it never made the States.

I was about to ask if they worked on PC. Thanks for the info Decker!:bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT: Is this a pricedrop or a short term sale? Anyone know?

#23 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

I've been waiting a month for a nice 30 dollar controller deal. Amazon rocks again.
Posted Image

#24 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Oh man, I thought this was just me. It's been driving me nuts. However the weird thing is it only happens to me on Bioware games (DA and ME2)

How annoying is that shit in DA? It automatically cancels spells if you move so playing a mage is a nightmare. It does seem more sensitive in Bioware games but it also happens for me in online shooters. Which is a huge problem.

#25 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

Add me to the group of people who has a problem with the red controller drifting.

#26 zerotl

zerotl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

Sucks for the red controllers, Was $38 the cheapest for that arcade pack ? I could've swore, it went lower than that.

#27 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

I was about to ask if they worked on PC. Thanks for the info Decker!:bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT: Is this a pricedrop or a short term sale? Anyone know?

You could also use the wired controller for $27 if you want to save a little more money and don't need a wireless option.

It would appear this is a temporary sale. That wireless Windows controller was $10 more yesterday.

decker%2001.jpg

#28 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

Sale thru May 1st according to amazon
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B000OYITQO

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#29 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

The white controllers I have work flawlessly while the red ones I have are prone to have weak battery packs or something because they never hold a charge for very long. Also the red ones are only sold in a pack with the battery pack outside of the one that came with the RE5 console. I would recommend any color over the red simply due to the faulty battery packs.

ive had a red one since june and had no issues at all...the battery is actually better than the white one i had prior to it

596772.png

#30 BMA

BMA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:58 AM

If you are having a problem with your analog stick drifting, try to rubberband the analog stick overnight in the opposite direction. Ive done this on older controllers with great success. This as well as learning inside maintenance on your controllers could save you a lot of money in the long run.