- - - - -

[ DEAD ] First 5,000 sign-ups win a copy of Halo: ODST - Microsoft "contest"

• Please log in to reply
2113 replies to this topic

#1 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

As just announced on their Facebook page, via the following message:

"Microsoft: Do you want a free copy of Halo 3: ODST for the Xbox 360? We are giving away games to the first 5,000 people to sign up for the Imagine Cup before March 15. Head on over to www.imaginecup.us and win your free ODST game today!"

To enter, as they said, just head on over to www.imaginecup.us and fill-out / create a profile. From what their Facebook status is saying, it pretty much sounds like the first 5,000 are guaranteed a copy of ODST, so it's worth a shot.

(Updates Added; please read before posting!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to "A Gamer", we now have a tracker to track these babies. I'll just quote his entire post here, since it has quite some valuable information.

Adjusted the tracker a bit based on some additional tracking numbers I have received... Now showing only 1 lb UPS Ground packages. This cuts the list significantly. If anyone gets an ODST package that is NOT exactly 1.0 lb, or that comes via something other than UPS Ground (service level '03'), please PM/post the tracking number (omit the last 4 digits if you are paranoid).

In case you missed it: http://odst-tracker....cted-gamer.com/

Also, I checked the reference numbers on those tracking numbers, and none of them are single digit, so that invalidates the search method posted earlier. However, I noticed that they all have 'MGR' as one of the reference numbers:

Track by Reference URL: http://www.ups.com/W...S&WT.svl=SubNav
Shipment Reference: MGR
Ship Date Range: Apr 14, Apr 22, Apr 26 to Apr 28, Apr 30 (major ship days)
UPS Account Number: 4981F6

Not sure if that reference is specific to this promotion, but ALL of the tracking numbers I was provided show up using that search method. Again, if people send me more tracking numbers I will be able to confirm if this is unique to this promotion.

Also, just FYI, with this additional information I have been able to confirm that 2 of my orders will be shipping next week. Yay!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #2

To go along with A Gamer's tracker, if you see a package coming to your area, call the following number: 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877)

Calling this number and giving your tracking number, along with your name (and possibly address) will allow you to find out the address it is being sent to. So by calling, you'll find out if that package is definitely meant for you or not!

Also, all ODST's are arriving in brand new condition, shrink wrapped and factory sealed. There is plenty of proof and pictures throughout the thread of packages people have received.

Update #3

Not all 5,000 packages have been shipped yet. They seem to be shipping 200 packages at a time, every few days. This means it would be over a month before they have all packages shipped out, if they keep on their current schedule. If you do not see a package in your area yet, do not worry, it's only because they have yet to ship it out yet.

Also, if nothing shows up in UPS's online tracking system while using the information above, then that means no packages are currently in-route to your area.

Update #4

Proof!

Posted Image

Edited by LegendK7ll3r, 04 June 2010 - 02:26 AM.
Changed status to dead, updated the OP with information for tracking packages, phoning UPS to find out more, and more info.

Posted Image

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Said I got a copy. Awesome! Thanks OP!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Wow, so you get a copy just for registering and creating a profile? No actual effort involved? Amazing. Thanks!
Posted Image

#4 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

Said I got a copy. Awesome! Thanks OP!

Did it specifically state that you got one? Mine said that I was entered for a chance to win $10k and a copy of odst(while supplies last). It did seem like if you're one of the first 5000, you'll get a copy of the game, though.
To each his own.

#5 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Wow, so you get a copy just for registering and creating a profile? No actual effort involved? Amazing. Thanks!

That seems to be the case!

Posted Image

#6 gage006

gage006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

"Congratulations! Please be sure to update your profile with a mailing address by March 15 to receive your copy of Halo 3: ODST."

Awesome! Thanks.

#7 bizmat

bizmat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Wow, thanks OP. Hopefully I'll get a copy of this game, been thinking about buying it lately too :)

#8 goMaki

goMaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Didn't see anything that said I won a copy, just something that says I will now be entered if I fill out a profile. All taken, possibly?

#9 gage006

gage006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

Check your email. The email I got made it sound like I won a copy.

#10 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

In for 1. Not sure how you know if you got one for sure, but hopefully I got in the first batch. Thanks OP!

Edit: How quickly did you all get your email?

#11 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Didn't see anything that said I won a copy, just something that says I will now be entered if I fill out a profile. All taken, possibly?

I got the same message, and registered before anyone else here did. It also says near the end of it, like gage posted, "Congratulations! Please be sure to update your profile with a mailing address by March 15 to receive your copy of Halo 3: ODST."

So, just fill out your profile, and hopefully you'll get one.

Posted Image

#12 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Signed up, thanks!!!

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#13 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Here is the e-mail I received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for registering

LegendK7ll3r

Congratulations! Please be sure to update your profile with a mailing address by March 15 to receive your copy of Halo 3: ODST. You're also entered into the $10,000 Cash for Students sweepstakes where one lucky winner will win the cash prize just for registering with the world's premier student technology competition."

If you haven't yet created a profile, get one started now by logging on to http://www.imaginecup.us. Go on, join a team, and work together with other students to create solutions that use technology to help solve the world's toughest problems. Game on!

Posted Image

#14 bungletrpg

bungletrpg

Check your email. The email I got made it sound like I won a copy.

Can you copy/paste what it says?

Here is the e-mail I received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for registering

LegendK7ll3r

Congratulations! Please be sure to update your profile with a mailing address by March 15 to receive your copy of Halo 3: ODST. You're also entered into the $10,000 Cash for Students sweepstakes where one lucky winner will win the cash prize just for registering with the world's premier student technology competition."

If you haven't yet created a profile, get one started now by logging on to http://www.imaginecup.us. Go on, join a team, and work together with other students to create solutions that use technology to help solve the world's toughest problems. Game on!

That's what I got.
Posted Image

#15 forteblast

forteblast

has 99 problems

• CAGiversary!

I don't give two shits about Halo but I've got an Xbox and won't turn down a free game... might as well give it a shot.

#16 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

I got an email that made it seem like I might get a copy, so thanks OP!

#17 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

I just filled in crud (phone # is optional, along with everything else) and my email said

Congratulations! Please be sure to update your profile with a mailing address by March 15 to receive your copy of Halo 3: ODST.

So I did just that (House, City, Zip)

I just used the name of the college here and said I was enrolled (I'm not)
Posted Image

#18 Insane dead

Insane dead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got an email saying "Congratulations! Please be sure to update your profile with a mailing address by March 15 to receive your copy of Halo 3: ODST." Hope This is legit.

#19 gage006

gage006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Can you copy/paste what it says?

That's what I got.

I did post it and yours is the same. Read it. It sounds like as long as you enter your info, they'll ship you a copy.

#20 zer0small

zer0small

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

I'm in for one. A free game is a free game (even if it's Halo).

#21 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#22 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Hmm.... I registered around with everyone else but didn't get an email. Well good if I did, sucks if I didn't.

#23 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Wow thanks OP. Email does make it sound like its a sure thing.
Posted Image

#24 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Mine too. Totally sweet if I get this for free.

#25 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got the e-mail and will hopefully be getting a copy of ODST! Thanks, OP!

#26 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Humm, we'll see if this works.

#27 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

How long did it take for the e-mail?

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#28 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

How long did it take for the e-mail?

I got mine instantly. Here's to hoping that we all get a free copy of ODST!

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem: Awakening
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#29 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

My email came within a couple minutes.
Posted Image

#30 nnthomas