CAGcast #191: Motion Fighters

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:43 AM

The trio talks PlayStation Move, God of War III, Just Cause 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Blur. We also cover the latest industry and shopping news, answer your CAGbag and Twitter questions and oh so much more!

Listen to learn how to win a $60 Amazon gift card!

Download - 108 minutes, 52MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 11 March 2010 - 07:01 AM.

#2 Psamtik

Psamtik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:02 AM

Woo! Loading up Itunes to check it out!

#3 tepiddeath

tepiddeath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

Looks like I'm staying up even later tonight now....can't wait!

#4 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

$60 Amazon gift card? Can't wait to hear this one. :)

I need a new signature.

#5 odin08

odin08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

lol, something called twisted-pair....
Posted Image

Shameless Referral Links:
Green Man Gaming
GamersGate

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

If Shipwreck thinks Final Fantasy is trying to be realistic then Mario is the most realistic thing ever.

The investment for Sega into Yakuza 3 isn't that much considering they already made a lot of money from it in Japan 2 years ago.

Edited by KingBroly, 11 March 2010 - 07:55 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 rickyff7

rickyff7

Easy-peasy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

Intro is so awesome, lol anyways keep up the good work Cheapy.

#8 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

Snice !
Posted Image

#9 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

listening now... also, lol at the not listening completely (doing homework while listening currently) haha

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#10 HealyHQ

HealyHQ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

"Kingdom Hearts 386 divided by 2 days...whoever came up with that title...should be kicked in the balls. Seriously."
Man, I laughed out loud so many times this episode!

#11 2Shea

2Shea

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

Great show this week guys, really enjoyed it.

Was my first time back listening after about a month or so and I'm really happy to say that I think I picked a great show to return on.

Keep on keeping on, I think all three of you bring something different to the show, and it's what makes the CAG Cast better than other casts. And yes that is including Wombat haha.

2Shea.me (Personal Blog) - AllFiction (Anime/Manga/Etc. Website) - Steam (Steam Community Profile)

#12 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

Excellent show as usual, keep it up guys.

#13 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

shipwreck needs to play more games to make the show better.

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#14 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

Freakin' Wombat had me laughing within the first couple of minutes.

Still liking the addition of shipwreck - you guys are all great together.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#15 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

didnt care for the JC2 demo that much. the shooting mechanics just seemed kinda sloppy to me. ill rent it and see if i was wrong about it though.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Satoshi-kun

Satoshi-kun

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

I've only started listening to the CAGcast a few weeks ago but i've already fallen in love with it. Will listen to you guys again.

#17 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

You dont have to hope that the SonyBM and the Shitbox fail. They should fail quite alright on their own. Now what you have to be worried about is what the standard out of the box controllers will be for the next cycle.

Even then, you still dont have to worry because people are still going to make games you want to play. More than you possibly have time to play.

Edited by Dr Mario Kart, 11 March 2010 - 09:20 AM.

#18 Exton

Exton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

Man i just can't help staying up a few hours later just to listen to the brand new CAGcast right away.

Favorite line from the show: "Last time I saw him he had blue hair and he looked like he needed a sandwich badly."

#19 brento

brento

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

The addition of Boat Crash has brought the show too a new level.

#20 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

I think that Womabt said it best when he said that the PlayStation Move controller can go Fuck itself.Also I really do like the addition of Shipwreck to the show it adds something extra that was missing before.I would change the transitions maybe have music instead of saying now on to the cagbag.

#21 returd

returd

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

The Red Herring makes the show more enjoyable, but Wombat's bed noises gives me nightmares. No more sex sounds, please?

#22 Bluntsly

Bluntsly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

enjoyed the show.

i don't hate wombat.. just putting that out there.

#23 kate,wehave2goback

kate,wehave2goback

Great show, finally starting to get used to Boat-Crash and his annoying voice. Also just from Wombat's twitter name that we share a birthday (only the day not the year, I'm not an old fart just yet) so happy early birthday!

#24 PaddedCell

PaddedCell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Looking at the screen shots of the "Move" (I agree, horrible name) it looks like it will be able to be plugged in like all other PS3 peripherals and will probably charge. I don't see why now, (when even the Sony blu-tooth gets plugged in to charge) they would go the M$ route of buying batteries in order to play the game.

As for the peripheral, I hope this will be a good experience to be honest, I was very impressed with the E3 presentation last year along with the natal project. The thought of being able to play as a gladiator with full motion control intrigues me.

Oh and didn't the guys say last year that what they were showing was a prototype and that the final version would not look like anything close to that? It still looks like a dildo and something you don't want to be caught playing with.

Edited by PaddedCell, 11 March 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#25 TheTrueSephiroth

TheTrueSephiroth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

Wow you guys, where do I begin with this episode:

First of all, I have been working at my local Gamestop for 3 years, so I LOVED your "spot-on" impersonation of us Gamestop employees. Wombat's flawless impression of us discussing when we first cried while playing Final Fantasy was especially accurate. Of course I'm being sarcastic when I say you were right. In actuality Fuck YOU guys! Wombat, go take a dump in a box and send it to Unicef, or whatever other charities you hate, you no good, Scrooge-of-the-Century, shit stain on America's taint. Believe it or not there are socially well-adjusted human beings like myself who work at Gamestops who don't spend their work days circle jerking to the newest JRPG.

On a more pleasant note, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at a CAGcast. The whole discussion about Sony's bowl movement and the sub-controller that attaches to the "fuck stick" had me rolling on the floor.

(not actually angry, just representing for my Gamestop bretheren. You guys continue to rock, keep up the great show)

#26 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

downloading now! cant wait!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#27 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Given the username, TheTrueSephiroth's post is wonderfully ironic.

Anyways, loved the episode. That's pretty surprising about Sega, it hadn't even crossed my mind how much they've put out this year. All good by me, though. I dug Bayonetta and am looking forward to busting some heads in Yakuza.

The Jeff Gerstmann comments always surprise me a bit also. I can't remember now if Ship has stated that he's only kidding around, but I think Jeff has pretty good taste. All the Giant Bomb guys have a good grasp on games, in my opinion.

Oh, and the hostess joke won't ever get old =D

#28 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

Wow... cabinets... I miss the good stories you guys would tell before you had kids.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#29 drew327

drew327

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Cheapy tell your wife that taking a cold shower cuts a toughness groove in her brain.

Keep up the good work.

#30 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

I'm really enjoying the third wheel that is Shipwreck on the on the show. He has a good wealth of nerdy knowledge. I hope he stays. Good show.

Posted Image