Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy has God of War III Ultimate Edition $99.99 + 500 Bonus Points($10 Cert)

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

I was debating with myself if they have the UE at all, YES they DO!

So, skipping all that "It's a future savings crap" been argued before. To ME, it's value is $89.99 + Tax on $100 + 100 points, consider I only count it once and not twice. I DON'T count $10 from this on future purchase to call that a deal again, you see.

You need to be enrolled in the Reward Zone Gamers Club, and it's FREE, to receive the 500 Points!

I did find this the BETTER deal and I have it in my hands right now! :bouncy:

#2 ju421019

ju421019

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:55 AM

i dont see this price online

#3 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:59 AM

You CAN'T get it online. You have to physically drive yourself to a B&M store see if they have any.

#4 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:09 AM

I think it automatic applied to 500 bonus points when using Reward Zone card. This should work on pricematching, sale, coupon, whatever, etc...

$99.99 - $20 TRU GC + 500 bonus points = $79.99 + $10 RZ Cert. :D

#5 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:26 AM

I think it automatic applied to 500 bonus points when using Reward Zone card. This should work on pricematching, sale, coupon, whatever, etc...

$99.99 - $20 TRU GC + 500 bonus points = $79.99 + $10 RZ Cert. :D

TRU GC?

toys r us...?

#6 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:28 AM

TRU GC?

toys r us...?

haha yea.

#7 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:32 AM

haha yea.

I confuse...

Are you stating BB is PM'ing a TRU GC? YMMV?

Enough acronyms for ya?

#8 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:14 AM

Wait, Toys R RUs has the Ultimate Edition?

#9 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

I was debating with myself if they have the UE at all, YES they DO!

So, skipping all that "It's a future savings crap" been argued before. To ME, it's value is $89.99 + Tax on $100 + 100 points, consider I only count it once and not twice. I DON'T count $10 from this on future purchase to call that a deal again, you see.

You need to be enrolled in the Reward Zone Gamers Club, and it's FREE, to receive the 500 Points!

I did find this the BETTER deal and I have it in my hands right now! :bouncy:

Am I the only one wondering what all of this means? :whee:

Although, you shouldn't debate yourself too often...someone might see you.

#10 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...equestid=348300

Use that link to see if your local BB has GoW:III UE in stock.

#11 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:44 AM

Once again, the link is useless. Most, if not all of the ones in stock are preorders.

#12 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

No need to be a douche, just use the link after a few days. Most stores will sell 'em after that (or before, it is Best Buy we're talking about). Hell, I bet half the people who got it did so since you got $10 off the GoW collection if you pre-ordred GoW.

#13 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:14 AM

I wouldn't say its me being a douche, but informing people to not get excited just because their store has some in stock.

Sure they might have some extras, but if you want to be a vulture and swipe a preorder, GS is the place to go. They hold them for 2 days while BB tends to hold them for a week or longer.

#14 Neg

Neg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

Where does it say anywhere about all the bonus points for it?

#15 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

I wouldn't say its me being a douche, but informing people to not get excited just because their store has some in stock.

Sure they might have some extras, but if you want to be a vulture and swipe a preorder, GS is the place to go. They hold them for 2 days while BB tends to hold them for a week or longer.

Fair enough. I misread it at douchey. I would still use it and see if they got extra and stored any. I mainly posted it since I had to manually make it (Best Buy's page doesn't have the link) and figured this would be a good as place as any to bookmark it :lol:

#16 ggamdori

ggamdori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

Question: can i go to BB this morning and pick this up without preordering? It seems all stores around me have it. But didn't pre-order this.

Thanks in advance.

#17 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

Worth a shot. You should buy it now and select in-store pickup if possible.

#18 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

Anybody know if BB will do a price-match for this if you pre-ordered it online from BestBuy.com? i.e. Can I bring in my packing slip receipt and have them apply the bonus points to my Rewards Account?

#19 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

I think you could also use the 10% off RZ coupon for this. While its a new release, its not on sale or anything..so it'd really be like $79.99 gwahh!!!

#20 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

I think you could also use the 10% off RZ coupon for this. While its a new release, its not on sale or anything..so it'd really be like $79.99 gwahh!!!

does anyone know where those coupons are? I can't find them in the forum and I know someone linked them :(

Posted Image

#21 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Doh, forgot about that... the only problem being, there's no UE in the local BB :(

EDIT: oh wait, the 10% coupon expired yesterday! The 15th, doh! BB planned well i guess...

#22 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

EDIT: oh wait, the 10% coupon expired yesterday! The 15th, doh! BB planned well i guess...

not if you're Silver, 3/21 :D :D

I'm going to go by in an hour, this fits well into my plan of keeping one sealed, opening another..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#23 rvdnsx

rvdnsx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Just got back from the Kildeer, IL store. Got there at opening, didn't see any more Ultimate Editions on the floor; asked an employee and they pulled out some from the back. They had a stack of them behind customer service but those must be for preorders. 2 left on the floor when I left around 10:30. Got an Ultimate Edition for $89.99 plus tax after coupon.

Edit - BestBuy.com has these for shipping only right now. In store pickup Not Available

#24 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Just got back from the Kildeer, IL store. Got there at opening, didn't see any more Ultimate Editions on the floor; asked an employee and they pulled out some from the back. They had a stack of them behind customer service but those must be for preorders. 2 left on the floor when I left around 10:30. Got an Ultimate Edition for $89.99 plus tax after coupon.

Edit - BestBuy.com has these for shipping only right now. In store pickup Not Available

Are you a Silver member?

#25 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

Also for those that do get the UE version. The music DL will not be live until Friday according to the sony rep I got off the phone with. If you do redeem the code it will boot you (time you out)or crash your browser when you try to DL it. Got fed up and talk to a sony rep who gave me the info. Also he said that the voucher will still redeem even if it currently states that its already been redeemed.
"Once a scientific truth emerges. . . It is the way of the world. When different experiments give you the same results, it is no longer subject to your opinion. . . It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works. "
". . . We live in a country that guarantees free speech, but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#26 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

well I wussed out on getting it at BB. They had 3 copies just sitting on the bare tile floor next to the cardboard stand (I-10&BunkerHill) however, they had the spider-wrap security device on there, severely indenting the box where the wires laid. could have been the one I opened, but then I figured I don't really need to go in almost $180 for two when I still need other titles, like Heavy Rain or B:BC2 LE..

edit: plus to be honest, and I don't know what I was expecting, but this box was barely that big, definitely nothing awe-inspiring about it..so I'm cool w/ opening my copy and playing it, gotta do that sometimes for the good games. I know I'll never re-sell it..

#27 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

i wasnt going to pick up a UE because im not that big of a fan of gow but im a fan of limited editions that are truly limited. i found on at best buy so i picked it up they had about 6 of them, i asked the guy and he said that was all they got in so i hope this edition doesn't turn out to be like the halo helmet

#28 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

I just got back from BB using a Silver member coupon and am not a Silver member. Even told them and they didn't care.

#29 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

EDIT- can anyone show where the 500 bonus points are advertised? It wasn't just for preorders was it?

#30 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

I preordered from BestBuy and didn't get 500 points.