- - - - -

What was your favorite Saturn Game?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 kaypatch

kaypatch

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Hands down, Guardian Heroes.

We used to place bets on who would win when we did a Battle Royal! What a great game!
"Scientifically Crazed":whee:
(Enjoy our :30 Video)

#2 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Hands down, Guardian Heroes.

We used to place bets on who would win when we did a Battle Royal! What a great game!

I'm torn between Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#3 Eltis

Eltis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

<3 GH, but for me the title goes to Saturn Bomberman.
>>>
Interested in cooperative gaming? Head to http://www.coopgamer.com and check out the forum for reviews and discussion.

#4 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

I can't pick between Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga, or D&D Collection.

#5 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

I honestly have a lot of fun with Daytona USA and Virtua Fighter 2 with my friends, but I never did get a lot of the good games as I don't have the money for them right now. I did have Nights into Dreams but it got boring after a while.
Posted Image

#6 jbrun85

jbrun85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

nfl 97, haha

#7 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

Xmen VS Street Fighter. I shit my pants over how much better it was over the playstation version.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#8 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

I'd have to say Panzer Dragoon Saga.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#9 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

NiGHTS
Virtua Cop was cool too, as was Mansion of Hidden Souls.

Edited by lmz00, 24 March 2010 - 03:53 AM.

#10 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

Panzer Dragoon Saga, follow by Panzer Dragoon 2

#11 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:05 AM

Dragon Force - still wish I never got rid of it. Think I traded it for a lot of NGPC games, mainly wanted the UK release of Faselei! (this was before they flooded the market with the unreleased US copies).

That ranks up there with me getting rid of my Steel Battalion (that I bought on release day and then sold for $35) as some of my biggest regrets in getting rid of videogames.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#12 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

Sega Rally
[cp][/cp]

#13 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

Dragon Force. I love that game. The unique game play, large cast of characters, crazy special attack and multiple story modes to get different point of view. I haven't play other Saturn games people enjoy like Panazer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes or Burning Rangers.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

Albert Odyessy, I beat for the first time a few years ago. It's your typical turnbased JRPG. Colorful, simple and quite charming.

I also really enjoyed Astal & Three Dirty Dwarves.

#15 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

To pick a game no one else has mentioned, I like Fighters Megamix a lot. Wish it used the Virtua Fighter 2 engine, but that game was crazy just for including the car from Daytona as a playable character.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#16 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

X-men vs. Streetfighter. Such a shining example of a time when Japan got everything cool and we got shat upon. Also a time when Japan bought and played awesome games instead of "Learn to speak english with your DS".

A close second is Firepro Wrestling S - Six Man Scramble. Firepro S was actually my first import game and the title (and it's internet-saavy fanbase) is what prompted me to mod my formerly neglected Saturn.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#17 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

Panzer Dragoon Saga...I loved that game so much that I would occasionally have nightmares about people breaking in my house and stealing my English copy.

For import games-the Japanese version of Castlevania Symphony of the Night (USA never got a version of this for their Saturns). Not only was it just like the Playstation version, but it had extra levels and an extra character to play. (My Japanese is virtually nonexistant, so I didnt even try to play any of those cool RPGs that never got ported over to the States).
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#18 RareDropRadio

RareDropRadio

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

Guardian Heroes for me too. To this very day it's still one one of my favorite games.

#19 mistymayem

mistymayem

I like video games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

This may sound weird but when I was a little kid I loooooved playing the 3D showcase world thing on Sonic Jam. I would just run around forever with no real goal and look at all the artwork in the "museums". I liked it more than the actual game cause I thought it looked soooo very cool. :lol:
:360::bouncy:

#20 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Virtua Cop 2. The definition of the 90's.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#21 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Xmen VS Street Fighter. I shit my pants over how much better it was over the playstation version.

Tie between this, Marvel Vs. SF and Guardian Heroes.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#22 xcopy

xcopy

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

Shinobi X

Posted Image

#23 luvmysegadc

luvmysegadc

All CAGs hail Hypnotoad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

World Series Baseball '98
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
Nights into Dreams
X-Men: Children of the Atom
Die Hard Trilogy ("Ho Ho Ho, I've gotta machine gun!")

#24 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

Anyone remember Norimaro from Marvel vs Street Fighter? He was an exclusive character only in the Import version.

#25 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

Anyone remember Norimaro from Marvel vs Street Fighter? He was an exclusive character only in the Import version.

Hell yeah. The Dan/Norimaro team brought the pain.

I think that MSH/SF was better than X-men/SF from a technical standpoint but the roster of X-men/SF was a bit better. Juggernaut was a blast to play as. Plus X-men had random select.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#26 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

Yeah I remember him. Wasn't the import version the only version of the game you could get? they didn't release the Saturn version of either game in the states did they?

#27 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

Yeah I remember him. Wasn't the import version the only version of the game you could get? they didn't release the Saturn version of either game in the states did they?

You are correct sir. For some laughable reason, Sega (of America I assume) didn't like the idea of releasing games that required additional hardware to run. It's old news now but taking my import Saturn to different people's houses in the late 90s resulted in numerous blown minds as people saw just what could have been.

#28 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

You are correct sir. For some laughable reason, Sega (of America I assume) didn't like the idea of releasing games that required additional hardware to run. It's old news now but taking my import Saturn to different people's houses in the late 90s resulted in numerous blown minds as people saw just what could have been.

Well I think Sega's apprehension came from so many of their earlier "extra hardware" game debacles like the 32X, Sega CD, etc but at the time the Vs. games were one of the hottest things around. Had they released it I would think people would have bought the console just for that game. Heck I did. I picked up a Saturn specifically because I wanted to import those two games. I didn't want to settle for the watered down PSX versions.

#29 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

I think that MSH/SF was better than X-men/SF from a technical standpoint but the roster of X-men/SF was a bit better. Juggernaut was a blast to play as. Plus X-men had random select.

I liked the Marvel side of MSH/SF but hated the Capcom side. Too many damn shotos. They fixed this in MvC by giving Ryu his "shoto morph"

I was also blown away when I first saw MSH/SF. This was the first case I remember when arcades started to look less appealing.

#30 Jack

Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Galactic Attack, which I've only owned for a little over a week now. It's a pretty decent shooter.