Nintendo Power - $9.98/year at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Mega64

Mega64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

Nintendo Power is $9.98 a year at Amazon.

I don't see subscriptions dropping in price often, so it's a good deal if you're one of the few who still reads gaming magazines. Plus, it's freaking Nintendo Power.

#2 Linwood

Linwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Thank you.

#3 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Thanks. Bought another year's subscription.

#4 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

Got it! Thanks
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#5 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

Thanks OP. My subscription just expired this month and I was waiting for a deal to renew it.

#6 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

Guessing this will stack with my current sub to add 12 months on to it vs just sending me double issues.

Since we will inevitably get someone asking if the mag is any good ill just say right here - Its a pretty decent mag, nothing amazing as far as the writing goes. I find myself skimming vs seriously reading a lot of the articles. However for $10 its not bad, and if anyone out there is like me and cuts up old magazines to make poster/collages out of them then Nintendo power is a great but since it tends to have high quality prints.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#7 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Wouldn't the best deal to do an Auto-Renewal at $9.98/year?

#8 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

Thanks. Was waiting for a drop to 5 bucks, but I will take the 10.

I am a horny engineer, I never joke about math or sex.

- Wolowitz

#9 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Awesome. Been waiting for a deal. My subscription expires in a few months, and I didn't want it to run out. Thanks!

#10 Kevlar281

Kevlar281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Sigh, I remember the pre-interent days when Nintendo Power was like gold. I'm still not sure how they got my address for the first issue. I'm guessing my mom must have filled something out and sent it in.

#11 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

Thanks OP. Not for me, but I appreciate the deal finding.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#12 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks OP. $9.98 for a one year subcription isn't bad.

Posted Image

#13 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Nice! Thanks OP

I got away from gaming mags because of the interwebz, but this and the PSM deal a little while back are too hard to pass up

:)

#14 Virsago

Virsago

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Can't pass it up for $10, Thanks OP.

#15 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Thanks. NP has been a much better magazine since Nintendo stopped publishing it :)

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

Guessing this will stack with my current sub to add 12 months on to it vs just sending me double issues.

Since we will inevitably get someone asking if the mag is any good ill just say right here - Its a pretty decent mag, nothing amazing as far as the writing goes. I find myself skimming vs seriously reading a lot of the articles. However for $10 its not bad, and if anyone out there is like me and cuts up old magazines to make poster/collages out of them then Nintendo power is a great but since it tends to have high quality prints.

The reviews are a little biased and mostly useless to me but i do like the articles -- the best part of the magazine is the stuff that's coming out soon. LIKE NBA JAM! I was so psyched when I got that issue.

I got it for $5 from tanga but worth $10.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#17 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Awesome, thanks op. $10 is hard to beat.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Thanks OP. I renewed my subscription.

#19 Ernie

Ernie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

I stopped subscribing to gaming magazines for a while now but for 10 bucks I'll bite. Thanks OP!

#20 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

Be careful of auto-renewal... Amazon says the price of the renewal will be whatever their lowest price is at the time. So if you getting 1 year now at 9.98, it could be $20, $25 or even $30 when it is time to renew it in a year. No guaranteed price...

#21 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

does this stack with current subscription if that was not ordered/managed through amazon? Mine subs will run out in august and going through the process through amazon, I don't see a place to enter current account number?

#22 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

does this stack with current subscription if that was not ordered/managed through amazon? Mine subs will run out in august and going through the process through amazon, I don't see a place to enter current account number?

I'm pretty sure if not mistaken it will be ok just as long as the name and address match.

#23 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

Well, I paid $5 back in September for a year, but $10 isn't too bad.

oIi9lub.png

#24 just-joe

just-joe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

Renewed, thanks.

#25 unclenebber

unclenebber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

Tanga.com usually has this a few times a year for less than 5 bucks a year. So if you have a subscription, and you're truly a CAG, you may want to hold off.

#26 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:50 AM

Nice, picked this up. $10 is a small price to pay for hours of crapper entertainment. Hopefully they'll do something similar for the new EGM.
Posted Image

#27 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:16 AM

I mostly like the magazine, especially for upcoming info but there are a couple of things that annoy me. The Tri coverage was crap and how many times does the magazine need to pat nintendo on the back in a year. I mean 1/4 of the magazine seems like it covers what was and how great it was over and over again.

#28 cyclonus31

cyclonus31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

For $10 I'll try Nintendo Powere again. Thanks!

#29 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

hmn.. $10... good deal.... but think I'll wait for Tanga to post it once again for $5. I got two years for $10. YES TANGA DOES STACK! Yay! My subscription expires sometime next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:59 AM

i bit. Thanks OP