Problem with Game Room.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Ok, I downloaded Game Room today, and well... it's still loading, and has been loading for almost 15 minutes now. The Progression bar gets to about 25% in and stops and doesn't budge. I've tried reinstalling it, but I get the same problem, has anyone else got this problem?
Posted Image

#2 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

Me too.
[cp][/cp]

#3 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

The game room is broken.

http://kotaku.com/55...live-and-broken

#4 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

It was a stillbirth.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#5 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Ah, I remember waiting hours for a game to load in the good old PSX days. So retro!

#6 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

Microsoft says they are working on it. Apparently there is a work around. Apparently if you disconnect your 360 from the internet (via the wifi adapter or ethernet cable) when it gets stuck on the loading screen it will load. Then you can plug the cable back in and sign into LIVE.

While you shouldn't have to do that to get into games it's a workaround for now.
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#7 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I tried the wrokaround too, but you can't buy games doing it though, you can mess about with the themes and play 2 level game demos, but that's it.
Posted Image

#8 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

But you can reconnect. Follow these steps:

1. Sign in
2. Load Game Room and press start.
3. When Loading hangs, press Guide, press X to sign out.
4. Remove network cable/usb for Wifi.
5. Sign in with profile.
6. Press Start and press B when it says you must be signed in XBL to use all features.
7. Room loaded, it asks you if you want to sign into XBL to get most of features (Note this is the second time its asked you). Attach Wifi/Network cable and wait till you get the green light (On Wifi).
8. Connect to Live.
9. Play.

And apparently According to Major Nelson on twitter it has been resolved. I would suggest redownloading it and then trying.
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#9 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

An Update, things appear to be working now, I bought Yars Revenge, a spent a few of the bonus token on other arcade machines. So far I like it, but where's the 1000 games? All I see is about 30 or so games.
Posted Image

#10 Kevlar281

Kevlar281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

It’s working for me. After a cursory glance at the achievements it looks like you’ll have to let MS rape your wallet to get a full 1000/1000.

#11 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

True, I noticed that, then again there's the Medal system for each game, which is a Score, the time you spent, and a Max time, all with Bronze, Silver and Gold medals. I got an achivement for getting my first medal though, but I wish there's a better way to show off your medals.
Posted Image

#12 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

So anyone know if your existing arcade purchases of games that are available for game room - do your games work in game room or do you have to buy them again? If so that sucks. What about things like Namco Museum that has arcade games that are tied to a disc? Some of those games are in Gameroom, right? Do they work in Game Room?

#13 ZanzA

ZanzA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

So anyone know if your existing arcade purchases of games that are available for game room - do your games work in game room or do you have to buy them again? If so that sucks. What about things like Namco Museum that has arcade games that are tied to a disc? Some of those games are in Gameroom, right? Do they work in Game Room?

Nope.

#14 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Nope.

Sucks.

#15 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Sucks.

Yup.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#16 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

As far as I know, Namco isn't doing anything for GameRoom, yet, maybe in the future, but it'll be more likly to be obscure arcade titles that weren't seen in the US, or games made more for the Japanese crowd they they receive GameRoom.

IMO, it's a little disapointing, it's nice to see the Challenge system and stuff like that. But like the people on Kotaku are saying, it's pretty much retro games with too much new school UI. Plus the whole "Pay to play" credit thing is ridiculous since you have to download a small file to the 360 in order to play the game. Downloading games are a bit silly too, when I downloaded Yar's Revenge it said the file was about 70MB big, no offence, but I thought 2600 game were only a few kilobytes in size, and even if there's DRM slapped onto that, it shouldn't 69MB big!

I thought the way this works was that you stream the arcade game to your 360, but obviously not, the two files you download at the beginning have all the games on it, and when you purchase a game, you're downloading a 70MB key to play it forever.

However.... I'll give this some time before I say I hate it, there needs to be more games on it, and I need to wait for more of my friends on my friends list to download and play this game so that we can send challenges to each other. This might be something that worth letting it grow before giving it a score or a reccomendation.
Posted Image

#17 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

You really have to download 70mb to play Yars Revenge??? Jeez...

#18 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

You really have to download 70mb to play Yars Revenge??? Jeez...

Well, 70MB for the activation key... :(
Posted Image

#19 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

I got excited when I pressed up on the stick and it went to a new level of rooms because I thought there was more to it. I was sadly mistaken.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#20 SAB-CA

SAB-CA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

You download the games in packs. The reason they're so big is because every game from the pack is contained in them. Why is this a good thing?

Because it enables you to watch the leaderboard replays for the game, without even owning the game, and also makes trialing them instant. This really works for the "old games had instantaneous startup!" feel, rather than having to wait for streams, or seperate downloads.

I like the UI, personally. Hearing a bunch of machines and retro music in the background really FEELS like an old arcade. It's the closest thing I've seen to the old Namco Museum disk on PS1, and I missed how much work they put into those things. So much classier than arcade collections that are just text menus.

#21 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

I think this is a solid effort, but poor execution. I know part of the problem is everyone wants a piece of the pie and $3 seems to satisfy that. $1 for MS, $1 for Krome, $1 for IP owner.

I might buy 5 games total during the life of this (unless that sweet Dreamcast stuff lands) at the current model. The prices are just too steep to support during a recession, especially when 400 points can land you GWRE2 in a few weeks.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#22 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

An Update, things appear to be working now, I bought Yars Revenge, a spent a few of the bonus token on other arcade machines. So far I like it, but where's the 1000 games? All I see is about 30 or so games.

I bought Yar's Revenge too. Still an awesome game after all these years.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#23 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

Has anyone ever clarified if your friends can come into your game room and play your purchased games for free, or do they have to pay too? Or can you not even visit other peoples game rooms?

#24 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

I bought Yar's Revenge too. Still an awesome game after all these years.

Heh, well I only had it on the Atari Collection on the PC, but I prefer playing it with a real controller rather than a keyboard. Then again I have the Hori Arcade stick for the 360, I should play Yar's with that. Plus I wonder if anyone's modded an Atari 2600 stick to work on the 360.

I've been playing a bit of Scrambler too. And I kinda like it, it's just like a side scrooling version of Xevious. Isn't there an XBLA version of Scrambler too? I might just hop back on the 360 with my Hori Stick and find out
Posted Image

#25 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Has anyone ever clarified if your friends can come into your game room and play your purchased games for free, or do they have to pay too? Or can you not even visit other peoples game rooms?

Yes you can, but only through the Friends list in the Game Room Menu, not from the Guide Menu, which kinda sucks, plus they need to be online in order to go to their Arcade, you can just hop into their arcade when you want.
Posted Image

#26 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

Heh, well I only had it on the Atari Collection on the PC, but I prefer playing it with a real controller rather than a keyboard. Then again I have the Hori Arcade stick for the 360, I should play Yar's with that. Plus I wonder if anyone's modded an Atari 2600 stick to work on the 360.

I've been playing a bit of Scrambler too. And I kinda like it, it's just like a side scrooling version of Xevious. Isn't there an XBLA version of Scrambler too? I might just hop back on the 360 with my Hori Stick and find out

Absolutely there is, and I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE to play it with. :) I always liked Scramble (no "r"). I wish I could play it in Game Room. Oh well. Actually I haven't tried Game Room yet. If it's not so great then I won't worry about it, and won't use Game Room. Of course if they now only release arcade games like this in Game Room, then I guess I'm stuck with it.

#27 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

Man, I used to have it on the Atari 2600. My sister and I would play that all the time. We both used to play Combat too. Loved the tank battles.

I have the Atari Collection for PC but I haven't opened it yet. Guess I should though.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#28 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

There are so many better Intellivision games. Most of those were release games. And, there's Intellivision Lives, which you can get much cheaper.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#29 septiclemon

septiclemon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

Absolutely there is, and I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE to play it with. :) I always liked Scramble (no "r"). I wish I could play it in Game Room. Oh well. Actually I haven't tried Game Room yet. If it's not so great then I won't worry about it, and won't use Game Room. Of course if they now only release arcade games like this in Game Room, then I guess I'm stuck with it.

Yeah, I tried the XBLA Scramble (with no r, lol) demo, and to be honest there's only updated graphics, which I don't need. So I got the GameRoom version for 240 points rather than 400 points for the XBLA version. but yeah, having a blast the more I try out the other arcade games.

Been trying out some of the Intellivision games, and I really don't like them...
Posted Image

#30 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

As someone who was born after all (more than likely) of these games, I'm curious if anyone could suggest some games they think would be best on this first release.