earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

Deal of the Day:
Starcraft Battle Chest for PC or MAC $9.77

Blizzard Lighting Deals All Day:
link

Edited by CheapyD, 01 April 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#2 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

Should be a better deal than the one I posted last night.

#3 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

Not that it really matters, but why the Wii icon on the OP?

#4 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

Sorry about that, I had the Wii icon there from yesterday's DotD. xD

#5 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

If you don't have SC2 beta, this is the best way to get accustomed to Starcraft gameplay before the sequel hits. Assuming you want to be competitive =D

UjCoyFa.png

#6 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Awesome deal!!! Anyone that has never played this game/series...and has the smallest iota of interest in RTS games should buy this without hesitating!

Thanks for posting Earv!!! :)

#7 Neg

Neg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

It looks like the entire day is going to be full of computer stuffs as well. Might just be a full Blizzard day though, unsure. A few of the Lightning deals look warcraft related.

#8 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Part of me wants to buy it.. other part says April fools joke on CAG website is fail :P

#9 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

The tip for the gold box was

"Prepare now for the cataclysm to come."

Since the gold box is mostly pc games oriented today it might lead to this being some kind of deal on a pre-order for the upcoming WoW expansion.

Deal will be up at 7am pacific/10am eastern. Expect it to go fast if it is the expansion.

#10 L0RDTemplar

L0RDTemplar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

Keep in mind this does not go past 800x600 resolution. I found it unplayable when I tried picking it up last year, and I was an avid SC player back when Brood Wars came out.

#11 Enfuze

Enfuze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

Seems like all the deals today are Blizzard related with perhaps the exception of the accessories.

Posted Image

#12 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

Seems rather odd that they'd put a preorder for a game with no release date on sale. I'd guess it's more likely to be WotLK given the rather obvious entries for vanilla WoW and TBC later in the day.
Posted Image

#13 Neg

Neg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

I don't expect it to be the expansion, just the current Battle Chest. Then again, I guess that wouldn't necessarily make sense. Hrm.

Have they EVER had a gold box be a pre-order? More importantly, who avidly plays this wouldn't go to a midnight release so they could play as fast as humanly possible? :p

#14 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

It's not just PC oriented, but Blizzard oriented as well. Just about everything there is a degree or two away from a Blizz game. Question is - have they ever done lightning deals on a preorder before?

Methinks it's either a prank, or not really the expansion. We'll see soon enough either way.

#15 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

Seems rather odd that they'd put a preorder for a game with no release date on sale. I'd guess it's more likely to be WotLK given the rather obvious entries for vanilla WoW and TBC later in the day.

It could be, but I thought maybe by it saying prepare it meant pre-order? Not sure, doesn't hurt to let people know that its a possibility.

#16 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

It could be, but I thought maybe by it saying prepare it meant pre-order? Not sure, doesn't hurt to let people know that its a possibility.

Could be. I for one would be glad if you were right. :)
Posted Image

#17 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Actually it also could be Lich King expansion. They already have the burning legion and regular game in the sale, but not one that hints at the lich king expansion. Prepare could also mean get in and get this stuff done and be ready for the expansion when it comes.

#18 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

looks like awesome goldbox items... too bad I will mostly be traveling tomorrow...

#19 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

Well... given you sorta need WoW to play Catalysm, I'd guess that the message is referring to buying WoW, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, or the battle chest as someone has stated.

Only buying and playing the games now will be you have a high level character prepared for the cataclysm to come.

#20 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

It's not just PC oriented, but Blizzard oriented as well.

The amazon email's subject is

Amazon.com: Blizzard Day in the Goldbox, Including the Deal of the Day--StarCraft Battle Chest

#21 Virsago

Virsago

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

6 am is z board
7 am is wrath of the lich king
9 am is z board again
11 am is Diablo Battlechest
1 pm is z-board
3 pm is World of Warcraft Battlechest
5 pm is likely the steelseries warcraft mouse
6 pm is Warcraft III Battlechest
9 pm is more z-board

#22 TheHapaOne

TheHapaOne

Ninja in Disguise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Blizzard Day in the Goldbox, Including the Deal of the Day--StarCraft Battle Chest

title of the email from amazon looks like it's a Blizzard Gold box day...maybe they will discount starcraft 2 pre-order *cough* yeah right
Posted Image

#23 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

Would it be worth it to buy Starcraft for just the offline? I'm probably going to get it for that and maybe the online if I can find some kind of game I like to play. I have Warcraft III already though, but I don't really like it much. I only use it to play TDs and Enfos.

#24 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

Kind of off topic, but I was looking at the Diablo Battlechest and noticed they took out the original Diablo from the battlechest. Anyone know why Blizzard did that?
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#25 Sway42

Sway42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Experience the battle between High Heavens and Burning Hell

Diablo 2?

i really want to grab it :)

#26 reininop

reininop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

I just started playing through Starcraft again a couple days ago. The game hasn't aged that well for me.
[URL="http://social.bioware.com/brc/541664"][/URL]

#27 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

"Prepare now for the cataclysm to come."

I hope this is a cheap WoW + BC + Lich King combo pack... but it's probably just the Lich King expansion as they have a later deal titled "Enter the World of Warcraft!". :(

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#28 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

The amazon email's subject is

Amazon.com: Blizzard Day in the Goldbox, Including the Deal of the Day--StarCraft Battle Chest

How many console blizzard games are still in production though? All I can think of is rock n roll racing and lost vikings. But those were for gba...

#29 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

Kind of off topic, but I was looking at the Diablo Battlechest and noticed they took out the original Diablo from the battlechest. Anyone know why Blizzard did that?

Hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.

Does anybody have the answer?

#30 botticus

botticus

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hmm... I'm thinking about getting the Starcraft battlechest for my dad (he loves Warcraft II), but he also needs a new disc for Warcraft III, so I'm wondering if I should wait to see what price they put that one at. I suppose I could always just tell him to check it out tonight and buy it himself.