Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

IGN Preview:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1126271p1.html

- Dedicated Servers
- Public Beta
- Host Migration
- Social Matches Returning
- Pendulum Lancer/Sawed-Off Shotgun are choices for spawn weapons
- Guardian and Submission merged into the "Capture the Leader" gametype. Must hold the leader for 30 seconds to win. Leader can struggle and see enemy positions.
- New Team Deathmatch mode: Each team begins with 20 lives, and they gradually dwindle to zero as team members are killed and re-spawn. The last team standing gets a point, and the first team to score two points wins. There are no locked spawn points, so it's impossible to camp in an open area with your back to one, unless you want a bayonet in your back.
- The Gorgon burst pistol has been re-named the Gorgon SMG and fires as an automatic now, suddenly making it the go-to gun for meatshield wielders
- Grenades can still be tagged to surfaces, but the Ink grenade and the new Incendiary grenade no longer give off warning beeps when thrown. By the time you see one, it's probably already too late
- Horde returning with "fundamental" changes
- New XP system with Ribbons/Medals
- Tap Y to "spot" enemies

Joystiq Preview:

http://www.joystiq.c...player-preview/

1up Preview:

http://www.1up.com/d...age?cId=3181785

Video of MP footage from Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/56...-beta-next-year

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Other Info:

- Customizable Lancers
- Locust Queen/Thrashball Cole playable MP characters

Edited by Trakan, 07 October 2010 - 07:13 PM.

#2 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

figures MS would screw up the announcement... lol. I thought it was suppose to be announce by Cliff on Jimmy Kimmel live. He got to move to Monday's show but I guess Microsoft didn't get the memo.

#3 TrueBlueLS

TrueBlueLS

The whistle go whoo whoo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

Whoever forgot to take it out of the dashboard advertising is getting canned.
Posted Image
I still can't believe the fiancee let me a get 58" Panasonic plasma.

#4 poisonedpawn45

poisonedpawn45

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Oops!

#5 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Wow. DIdn't even wait till E3?

#6 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

was supposed to be announced last night on Jimmy Fallon, but Justin Beber bumped him back to Monday

Kudos to MS and Epic for keeping it this tight until now. Sure, we all speculated it was GoW3, but we also didn't know for sure, and it could have been the other game Epic is working on....until someone at MS screwed up. So close!

#7 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

Oh, well. Not a big shocker but either way it would have been cooler to see it actually announced on tv versus just by finding out on the dashboard.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#8 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

Whole year away, ouch. I was hoping for fall/winter 2010.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#9 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

figures MS would screw up the announcement... lol. I thought it was suppose to be announce by Cliff on Jimmy Kimmel live. He got to move to Monday's show but I guess Microsoft didn't get the memo.

I guess nobody watched Jimmy Fallon.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#10 rusty

rusty

Broke because of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

NEVER! Ha.

Halo and Gears franchises can't be released at the same time. MS must space them out enough to sell both.

Xbox One | Titanfall

Homebrew PC | CS:S | CS:GO | Skyrim

#11 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Plenty of time to finish up those 8,000,000 XP points needed for rank 100 on Gears of War 2!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

I am excited? Of course! I have been ever since I caught wind of the initial rumors a few months ago. GoW is one of my favorite if not the favorite co-op and multiplayer gaming experiences of all time.

With that said...

I am expecting Epic to care enough about their fan base to do what's necessary to provide us with a streamlined near lagless MP experience free of questionable netcode, Infinity Gauntlet esque host advantage and horrid host selection? Hell f*cking no. Given the countless number of atrocities one is guaranteed to wade through should they dare delve into Gears 2 MP any decent human being would know better than to give them the benefit of the doubt. They've got a lot to apologize for just as IW does for the glitch fest that is MW2. Thankfully if someone even half decent is host in CoD at least it doesn't require an act of God to kill them.

Gears 3 will definitely be a review then rent first for me before I shell out more cash on another game guaranteed to raise my blood pressure. If Epic doesn't get it together this time then bargin bin purchases are in my future.

Anyway... it would be nice if they plan to introduce Alex Brand to the universe as a playable character. From what I've seen thus far she exudes badassery.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#13 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

This is terrible news. I was hoping it wasn't true and it came out in Nov like the rest. I know the reason they didn't want it out in Nov. I read it was because of Natal and Halo Reach. :roll:

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#14 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

was supposed to be announced last night on Jimmy Fallon, but Justin Beber bumped him back to Monday

Kudos to MS and Epic for keeping it this tight until now. Sure, we all speculated it was GoW3, but we also didn't know for sure, and it could have been the other game Epic is working on....until someone at MS screwed up. So close!

Not really, I'm pretty sure they made it known on the Gears official forums that Cliff was going to announce Gears 3 this week, and that was a week or two ago.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

cant wait....

1080i is for douchebags

#16 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

I was hoping for that too. Not even interested in Halo reach much, but gears 3 is a must buy!!!! Cant wait for this game. Just hope they sort out the laggy online, because i really enjoy gears online.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#17 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

With that said...

I am expecting Epic to care enough about their fan base to do what's necessary to provide us with a streamlined near lagless MP experience free of questionable netcode, Infinity Gauntlet esque host advantage and horrid host selection? Hell f*cking no. Given the countless number of atrocities one is guaranteed to wade through should they dare delve into Gears 2 MP any decent human being would know better than to give them the benefit of the doubt. They've got a lot to apologize for just as IW does for the glitch fest that is MW2. Thankfully if someone even half decent is host in CoD at least it doesn't require an act of God to kill them.

Hopefully they do public beta on MP to avoid this.

#18 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

4. Player. Co-Op.

Please.

0sm4.png

#19 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

I'm not as excited for this title as I thought I would have, but it's still welcomed nonetheless. Just bummed if the rumored 'underwater levels' are true.

#20 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

4. Player. Co-Op.

Please.

I could care less about the single player. I just want the multiplayer fixed and host advantage dramatically tweaked. At this point it is hard for me to get excited for just about any game, but if they do tweak those two things I will have something on the horizon that interests me.

Posted Image

#21 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

After that Fuck up w/ the servers on the 2nd one I am not even going to get 100 feet within this game . Plus..... Microsoft fails :P

#22 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

I'm excited. I enjoyed Gears 1 and 2 single player. I just hope they sort out most of the multiplayer problems. Gears 2 online was fun at first but it got tedious pretty quickly with all of the issues.

#23 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:38 AM

Very nice, but I bet the guy(s) who didn't take down the dashboard announcement are going to be getting 40 lashes tomorrow. :rofl: :fridge:

I'm also excited for the game. I don't know how much more they could do with it though, its already so polished. Great graphics, single player, gameplay, story (they could keep continuing that, I need to finish the Gears 2 story before April), and a ton of people liked the multiplayer.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#24 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

Hmmm... I wish it was coming out a little later. I was really into Gears 2 at first, but I don't think I've played it since summer 2009. I guess that $20 spent on Dark Corners was a waste.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#25 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

Gears 3 will definitely be a review then rent first for me before I shell out more cash on another game guaranteed to raise my blood pressure. If Epic doesn't get it together this time then bargin bin purchases are in my future.

Same here, I put quite a bit of time into the first game but the second one, not so much. The multiplayer host advantage killed it for me. Here's hoping for balanced multiplayer.
Posted Image

#26 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:55 AM

Everyone says they want games to come out earlier, but do we really want another ET?

ET needed to phone home a little later and stay in development, that game made me bleed out of my eyes when I looked at it.

I would rather have a very good, polished game that took a little while longer then a terrible game that you wasted $60 on because it came out too early.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#27 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:13 AM

i wish their catalog of games was more than just gears and unreal (and that arcade game)

#28 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:18 AM

Everyone says they want games to come out earlier, but do we really want another ET?

ET needed to phone home a little later and stay in development, that game made me bleed out of my eyes when I looked at it.

I would rather have a very good, polished game that took a little while longer then a terrible game that you wasted $60 on because it came out too early.

Well i cant talk for everyone, but when i said i wish it came out this fall/winter i just wish it was that far into production for that window of a release date. I in no way want a rushed game, especially a game like gears of war. Its one of my favorite franchises and would be willing to wait longer for them to make it that much better. I just want it sooner. ;)

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#29 nddave

nddave

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

i was hoping for holidays this year also
CAG4LIFE

#30 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

like everyone else said....

fix the mess that is multiplayer, and add more characters to MP.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.