#1 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

Released 4/25/13:

Posted Image

Space Empires IV: Deluxe $9.99

The fourth entry in Malfador's 4X space strategy series, Space Empires IV Deluxe improves on the original with graphical updates, fixes, and features. Not enough for you? Pick up a few mods to enhance and customize your experience. Even without them, IV offers a solid experience for any 4X fan on their way to control the hundreds of unique worlds awaiting amid the stars.

Extras: Manual

Mobygames:
Space Empires IV: Deluxe (3.2/5)

Demo:
Space Empires IV: Gold

Released 4/25/13
:

Posted Image

Two Worlds II: Epic Edition $19.99 [$9.99 release promo] [includes [I]Pirates of the Flying Fortress[/I] expansion and Castle Defense spinoff]

Imprisoned after the events of the first game, our hero must escape and be forced to ally with orcs in order to save his sister and all of Antaloor. Reality Pump (Earth 2160, Once Upon a Knight) has included features like non-scaled exploration and the robust crafting system of the first game while adding a few improvements such as card skill modifiers and sailing.
And when saving your sibling and the entire world around you gets to be too much, you can blow off some steam by slaughtering orcs in the included tower defense game.

Among the great mods for Two Worlds II is the Worldmerge mod, which combines the gameworld of vanilla TW2, Pirates, and the 11 multiplayer maps.

Extras: (2) Manuals, (2) Soundtracks, (3) Wallpapers, (5) Avatars, (12) Artworks, (2) Strategy Guides, Maps

Mobygames:
Two Worlds II (74)
Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress
Two Worlds II: Castle Defense

Demo:
Two Worlds II

Gameplay Video:
Two Worlds II
Spoiler

Spoiler

Released 4/23/13
:

Posted Image

Don't Starve $14.99 [$11.99 release promo]

Brave the elements, darkness, and all manner of creeps that inhabit the hostile, randomly-generated deathtrap called nature in this survival adventure from Klei Entertainment (Eets, Shank). Craft items and build beneficial structures to keep you a few steps ahead of creeping mortality. Oh, and don't forget to scrounge for food. So you don't...you know.

Extras: (4) Wallpapers, (10) Avatars

Metacritic:
Don't Starve

Demo:
Don't Starve [Chrome browser demo]

Gameplay Video:
Don't Starve
Spoiler

Available for Pre-Order 4/22/13
:

Posted Image

Fez $9.99 [$8.99 pre-release promo]

Guide our behatted and perhaps ambiguously Moroccan protagonist Gomez across multiple, coexisting 2D planes in this PC edition of the acclaimed XBox 360 platformer.

Extras: (3) Wallpapers

Metacritic:
Fez (89) [360 version]

Trailer:
Fez
Spoiler
[360 version]

Released 4/18/13
:

Posted Image

Sword of the Stars: The Pit $9.99 [$7.49 release promo]

Though it shares the same universe as their strategy games, this effort from Kerberos exchanges turn-based space-faring for rogue-like dungeon-crawling. Play as either a Marine, Scout, or Engineer and try to survive the unknown (and randomly generated) horrors that lie deep within...the pit.

Extras: Manual, (21) Avatars, (8) Concept Artworks

Metacritic:
Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Demo:

Gameplay Video:
Spoiler

April:
Spoiler

March:
Spoiler

February:
Spoiler

January:
Spoiler

Q4 2012 Releases here.
Q3 2012 Releases here.
Q2 2012 Releases here.
Q1 2012 Releases here.
2011 Releases here.
2010 Releases here.

========
The good-old games of GOG are often hard to find and/or difficult to get working on modern machines. Many of them would warrant news of their release included in the 'Deals' forum; some would not. Therefore this thread proposes to be the compact depository of information regarding of classic games from GOG.com, as well as discussion concerning their deal-worthiness.

Special sales and promotions will continue to have their own threads.

Edited by cheapo72, 28 April 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#2 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

I'm never played Outcast, but the Master of Orion games were old school classic goodness. I'll pick up both for sure.

#3 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

Outcast was pretty remarkable for its time, a solid third person action/adventure/shooter with some amazingly quick loading times for its huge environments (even on my old 233MHZ PC). Very nice music and some impressive landscapes for such an old game, one of the last games to use voxels too. Unfortunately because of the last point, it doesn't have any 3d acceleration and the software rendering method it uses maxes out at 400x300 resolution if you want playable framerates, so even compared to other 3d games released at the time it will look badly pixelated. Still, if you can get past that, it's a pretty decent game, although I don't think I'd pay $6 to play it again.

Shame that Outcast 2 was canceled though.

#4 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

I just saw this a few weeks ago about Outcast.

I'm going to pick this up just for Moo2 though. In order to get that to run on a Vista or Win 7 system you have to restart explorer.exe as part of a batch file...

Edit: You still have to restart Explorer to get Moo2 to work. (That is for the Windows version anyway.) I think I'll just keep my old version and save the $5.99

#5 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

I just saw this a few weeks ago about Outcast.

I'm going to pick this up just for Moo2 though. In order to get that to run on a Vista or Win 7 system you have to restart explorer.exe as part of a batch file...

Edit: You still have to restart Explorer to get Moo2 to work. (That is for the Windows version anyway.) I think I'll just keep my old version and save the $5.99

In the chat on their site, the GoG staff confirmed only the Dos Box version will be supported by them, but all of the original files are included for someone to tweak the windows version.

#6 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

Not touching either until multiple people confirm they work 100%.

Outcast is known for being a bitch to get working on newer systems, similar to Interstate 76... which GoG did a horrible job on. Not making the same mistake twice about jumping headfirst into a new release by them :(

Thought I'll admit Master of Orion 1 AND 2 for $5.99 is probably the deal of the century. It makes for a hard wait.

#7 vherub

vherub

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Your fleets patrol the skies of every planet in the galaxy. This galaxy. But other challenges await, the Master of Orion.
it's burned into my mind

#8 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

MOO2 is a classic. Tempted to get in on Outcast, never played it.

#9 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

Should note in the OP that Blood is coming this Thursday for $5.99... original game plus both expansions.

#10 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Man, I've spent so many hours playing Master of Orion 2, amazing game. Definitely getting it at some point, will give me a chance to try out the first one as well.
Posted Image

#11 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

I'm mildly curious about the Master of Orion games...remember that name being praised.

I don't think Outcast aged well though. Tried playing it a few years back (dug it out of the backlog :lol:) and the gameplay just felt clunky (besides being ugly by today's standards). I'm more interested in it for it being the last big voxel based game I can think of (save probably for some GBA or DS stuff).
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#12 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

Should note in the OP that Blood is coming this Thursday for $5.99... original game plus both expansions.

...along with Master of Magic. But with two releases today, I thought the thread was crowded enough. I'll wait 'til Thursday.

#13 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hmm...Blood was a Monolith game, right? Wonder if it holds up...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#14 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

Do gog games support multiplayer? Tempted on MOO2, but no point if I can't play with my buds.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

Well they do if the game does...
[LIST]

Posted Image

#16 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

Oh weird, I just saw Gog's email to me, and it talks about "Atari classics". I know that's technically correct-Infrogrames or whatever bought a big chunk of Atari and changed their name, but it sounds really weird to associate Master of Orion and Outcast with Atari!

So I guess Atari is new to Gog then? It lists Blood (+expansions) and Master of Magic, but then after that says more Atari classics coming! Can't even think what it would be, but I'm looking forward to finding out!
[LIST]

Posted Image

#17 JDMoney

JDMoney

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

MOO2 is one of my all time favorite games. I will be getting it and Master of Magic here in a few weeks. I spent WAY too much time playing those games in high school.

#18 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Oh weird, I just saw Gog's email to me, and it talks about "Atari classics". I know that's technically correct-Infrogrames or whatever bought a big chunk of Atari and changed their name, but it sounds really weird to associate Master of Orion and Outcast with Atari!

So I guess Atari is new to Gog then? It lists Blood (+expansions) and Master of Magic, but then after that says more Atari classics coming! Can't even think what it would be, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

GoG had an announcement a few weeks ago saying Atari was a new partner and would start distributing in April.

Master of Magic, Master of Orion, and Outcast were the first games announced... Master of Orion 2 being bundled with the 1st was the first big surprise, Blood is the second.

After that, it's unsure what the other games will be... Blood 2, perhaps.

#19 nexen

nexen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

Outcast is a fantastic game. If you appreciate immersion and atmosphere in your games and can get over the dated graphics then I would highly recommend you check it out.

#20 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

Looks like the forums on GoG's site are working on finishing up the fixing of Outcast... they've got some .ini tweaks in there to make the game run at almost fullscreen on modern resolutions (since the default and only res setting is apparently 540 x 380 or something equally horrible).

Also seems to be a lot of fixes for some problems that crop up.

I like GoG, but if it wasn't for the community finishing the job they started on the harder games, I'm not sure I'd buy so many games from them. I'll give the community a few more days to iron out Outcast and probably get it.

For anyone getting Master of Orion 2, make sure you download the reference card as well! GoG messed up with the original DRM of asking for a ship at the bottom of the manuals pages - they said they removed the DRM (i.e you can just choose anything and proceed) but it seems they might not have. At least it seems they are aware of the problem and will fix it.

http://www.gog.com/e...hip_recognition

#21 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:24 AM

Do gog games support multiplayer? Tempted on MOO2, but no point if I can't play with my buds.

The GOG version of MOO2 is already configured to play via IP.

...but then after that says more Atari classics coming! Can't even think what it would be, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

And it's not just games from the Infogrames or Microprose label. GT Interactive, some Psygnosis, Ocean, Hasbro, Humongous, Accolade, etc. are are possible.

#22 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:47 AM

Looks like the forums on GoG's site are working on finishing up the fixing of Outcast... they've got some .ini tweaks in there to make the game run at almost fullscreen on modern resolutions (since the default and only res setting is apparently 540 x 380 or something equally horrible).

Also seems to be a lot of fixes for some problems that crop up.

I like GoG, but if it wasn't for the community finishing the job they started on the harder games, I'm not sure I'd buy so many games from them. I'll give the community a few more days to iron out Outcast and probably get it.

For anyone getting Master of Orion 2, make sure you download the reference card as well! GoG messed up with the original DRM of asking for a ship at the bottom of the manuals pages - they said they removed the DRM (i.e you can just choose anything and proceed) but it seems they might not have. At least it seems they are aware of the problem and will fix it.

http://www.gog.com/e...hip_recognition

The community is one of the best parts of GOG. They take way more initiative with tweaks than the Steam community, and I don't think D2D even has a forum.

#23 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

Updated OP with today's release of One Unit Whole Blood compilation.

#24 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Bought it, installed it, works great.

About damn time this game was available through a DD service.

#25 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

about to pick up blood.. use to play the shareware when i was a kid..
gonna go ignite some corpses

#26 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

One of the most important games of my life.

Purchased and downloading now!

#27 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

I want jojo I want jojo!

#28 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

My Cryptic Passage won't run... anyone else having the same problem?

The shortcut does nothing and it won't load manually through dosbox.

Nevermind, got it to work - had to enable both admin and XP compatibility mode, I got thrown for a loop since Blood worked without either.

Edited by animalspinners, 22 April 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#29 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

"One Unit Whole Blood" :lol: That's awesome.

Man, that's Build engine, right? I wonder if I'd still have fun with those-back in the day they looked and played awesomely. That engine had a pretty long life-last really big "fake 3D" engine, I think.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#30 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

One of the most important games of my life.

Same here. I didn't have a PC when Doom was released, but got one when Blood first came out and this was my introduction to online FPSs. I use to play this game a ton on TEN, an online gaming service. The actual game developers would jump online with us players and would take recommendations on gameplay changes that they later implemented in game patches. I remember the game came with a music video on the game disc done by Type O Negative and just found out that the lead singer died this past week.

</nostalgia>