CAG Game Collections - Race to 500,000 $500 Giveaway - Winner Posted

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

The CAG Game Collection system is an fast and easy way to catalog, show off, and trade or sell games that you own. The CAG community has already entered over 400,000 games into their personal collections. When the total hits 500,000, a lucky winner will receive a $500 gift certificate to the retailer of their choice. All you have to do just add a game to your collection and you will be automatically entered in the contest. Visit the official contest page to learn how to increase your chances of winning and other details.

Winner: Static X

Posted Image CAG Game Collection - Race to 500,000 $500 Giveaway

Edited by CheapyD, 24 May 2010 - 01:51 PM.
posted winner

#2 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Thanks, CheapyD!

#3 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Done and done. Thanks CheapyD.
Posted Image

#4 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

Idea:

You should add pre-orders (and the cost you're paying) to the game list and let you specify from which retailer you have a game pre-ordered. Then, you can connect it to the price tracker and e-mailer to notify people of a better deal on another site...

#5 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Awsome picture Cheapy. Is that your shoe closet?

Thanks again for another great contest!

I need a new signature.

#6 TheJerseyKush

TheJerseyKush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

freakin awesome

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

this is why you're the man CheapyD. Fantastic contest.

#8 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Oh snap. Good thing I started using the collection part of the site a few weeks ago.

#9 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

I just added all 75 of my games. Thanks cheapman D

#10 isd71

isd71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Thanks Cheapy. I love that picture.

I always use the collection page and keep mine up to date.

#11 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

I have to say, I've been very impressed with the quality of the collection tracker here. I've always kept my collection cataloged online - first at IGN, later at Gamespot. Simple features here, like being able to effortlessly mark games as completed or in progress or, more importantly, the ability to export, make this system superior.

Features I might suggest? Allow sorting by console, or display only games from a given console. IGN used to do this a few revisions back, though they've since removed it. It should be trivially easy to implement, but I think it would make the collected data even easier to sort through. Also potentially useful: adding some simple metrics to track the popularity of games (putting an average rating & number of other CAGs who own/want a game in the grid)

Edited by alongx, 22 April 2010 - 02:56 PM.

My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#12 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

I'd love to have my collection listed here on CAG... though I wish there was some way to import collections from IGN, as it is a daunting task to migrate them manually.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#13 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Added 70 of my games.

#14 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

In for mine!

#15 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

There is the export feature, could we have an Import feature????

My catalog goes up to 1200 and it would not be at all worth to re-duplicate without an import function.

I could just add a few to enter the contest, but that's not really the point here.

#16 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Features I might suggest? Allow sorting by console, or display only games from a given console. IGN used to do this a few revisions back, though they've since removed it. It should be trivially easy to implement, but I think it would make the collected data even easier to sort through. Also potentially useful: adding some simple metrics to track the popularity of games (putting an average rating & number of other CAGs who own/want a game in the grid)

There is a ton of stuff we can do with the collections. We gotta get on that.

I'd love to have my collection listed here on CAG... though I wish there was some way to import collections from IGN, as it is a daunting task to migrate them manually.

There is the export feature, could we have an Import feature????

My catalog goes up to 1200 and it would not be at all worth to re-duplicate without an import function.

I could just add a few to enter the contest, but that's not really the point here.

Yeah, in the meantime...just enter one to get into the contest. I know John was working on a way to import from other collections. xycury, is your collection on another website or in a spreedsheet?

#17 pjarvi

pjarvi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Just updated my collection with everything I can remember off the top of my head. I really like the Contest section of the site, nice being able to easily see what to do to earn more tickets. Also added 2 games to the collection database that were missing.

#18 d3solut3

d3solut3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

adding some PC games that are sitting on a shelf in front of me :)

Check My List -- Currently jumping x360 ship! Want PS3 games/accessories!

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=215367

#19 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for the hope Cheapy lol. I'll update mine later today with all the games I have left.
Spoiler

#20 Midguy

Midguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

You guys have great contests to help people get involved in using all the features on this awesome site.

#21 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

Added one... I will probably add all of mine down the road, my IGN list is really outdated.
Posted Image

#22 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I definitely have to check this feature out when I get home.

Thanx Cheapy.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#23 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

CAG Collection system is AWESOME!!! Props to Super Programmer John and CheapyD!

#24 alanamaslama

alanamaslama

Captain Back$lap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Good stuff.

#25 Zelos

Zelos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Hmm just tossed a few of my collection up a while ago I guess I should break out the oll catalog of games and finish listing them......... and damn you guys are hellbent on driving me onto twitter =P

#26 rupan_sansei

rupan_sansei

Master Thief

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

I love CAG's collection system, and have been using it since it came out of beta. Being able to add games to the database was extremely helpful for some of my less popular titles.

#27 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

I like the collection system, but it would be nice if there were more classic/import titles. I would really like to be able to inventory my entire collection. :bouncy:
Posted Image

#28 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Awesome contest. I've used the collection sporadically in the past and have been slowly adding my stuff there. I just got finished adding my stuff to The Backloggery, though, so I know completing the collection here will take a very, very long time.

I do wonder what our official count is now. I know Cheapy said it already hit 400,000 but a progress meter could be nice.

14610.png

#29 wolverinevseveryone

wolverinevseveryone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Added everything I had almost...well for PS3 and 360 I did. I've got 70+ PS3 games and 50+ 360 games.

#30 lobitoh

lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

wow time to update my collection LOL