Photo
- - - - -

Jade Empire (Xbox, Xbox 360)/Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (Xbox) NEW $5 eBay Daily Deal

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

This is on eBay's Daily Deals page:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=330426338552

Jade Empire is an original Xbox game that is BC on 360. BioWare, decent reviews. 1200 points on Live.

Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes also got decent reviews. Not BC, unfortunately.

$5 for the pair, supposedly new, free shipping, tax only in CO.

#2 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

Is this like 2 seperate games induvidually sealed or like one of those Pure/Lego Batman double games?

#3 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

I own both but that's tempting. The older a game gets the scarier used copies are.

*Edit* .....I bought them. Damn you CAG!!!

#4 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

10 copies avaiable isn't changing, i wonder if they'll have enough copies.

#5 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

Is this like 2 seperate games induvidually sealed or like one of those Pure/Lego Batman double games?

It says:
"Brand NEW Sealed in the Retail Case"
"Jade Empire and Kingdom Under Fire Heroes Games in two separate retail cases with manuals"

#6 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

10 copies avaiable isn't changing, i wonder if they'll have enough copies.

I see "More than 10 available." I wouldn't expect that to change until there are, you know, 10 or less available.

#7 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

Shame KoF never got BC. It really is a great strategy/action/RPG series.

#8 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

Shame KoF never got BC. It really is a great strategy/action/RPG series.

Yeah, lots of shame to go around. I've got a copy of Men of Valor that I bought on the hope that MS would make it BC, considering it seems to be the best-rated Vietnam console game. No dice. I grit my teeth everytime I view the BC list and see "last updated November 2007."

#9 Unrealevil

Unrealevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

These are probably my two favorite Xbox games. And they hold up just fine today.

Posted Image

no sorry don't want you masturbating to my girlfriend while you play wow and eat hot pockets.

#10 mis0

mis0

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

It's on, like Donkey Kong.

[mis0's tradelist]

#11 staindklown

staindklown

I Like Pie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

Thanks OP, I've been wanting to play Jade Empire again and two games for $5 shipped is an awesome deal.
"Now I'm getting greedy. I want more followers. Like a cult. We'll have an outfit that identfiies us, and everyone gets to be the Pope." - Nathan Fillion (Twitter)

#12 entaius

entaius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

damnit... I bit. Thanks OP. Fuck you bank account.
Spoiler

#13 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

awesome, thanks OP! these will just go into the bin, but I didn't have KUF and I had the 'LE' of Jade Empire, should be cool!!

#14 DwayneDays

DwayneDays

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

went in it for jade empire, just bought th guide at hwv for 2 dollars so why not
Posted Image

#15 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Has anyone had any bad luck with those weird ebay checkout systems?

I mean I have never had to use Channel Advisor before.

#16 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

I've owned both of these games for a long time and have repeatedly looked for a good time to sell them. So I can confidently say neither is likely to become "collectible" anytime soon. $5 for both is about right or I dare say you could get them each cheaper just on regular Ebay.

#17 FeathersMcGraw

FeathersMcGraw

Waterfowl Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

I'm tempted by the Bioware-y goodness of Jade Empire, but why does the listing say "Requires Xbox Live download"?

#18 Pasco

Pasco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

I'm tempted by the Bioware-y goodness of Jade Empire, but why does the listing say "Requires Xbox Live download"?

The bonus material was available for download over Xbox Live (before MS pulled the plug). It's also available on the second disc of the Limited Edition version.

#19 Virsago

Virsago

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Bought it, I've been wanting to get Jade Empire for a while now. Thanks OP.

#20 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

Bought. Thanks OP.

For those playing Jade Empire on the 360, the good news is that the update to make it playable on the 360 includes the Limited Edition content. I don't remember if there was other DLC for the game, though.

14610.png

#21 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Couldn't help it and bought. :D

Thanks OP :)

#22 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

It says that under "Compatible with Xbox 360." IIRC every BC original Xbox game requires a download to make it work on the 360 when you first put it in.

#23 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Jade Empire is an amazing game, i'd get this if i didn't already have it. Haven't played KoF, but it's worth the $5 anyway no doubt.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#24 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

For those playing Jade Empire on the 360, the good news is that the update to make it playable on the 360 includes the Limited Edition content. I don't remember if there was other DLC for the game, though.

Is it even possible to get that update at this point, though? I'm tempted, because I've wanted to play this game, but I'm afraid that I won't even be able to run it. Debating whether I should hold out for a deal on the PC version.

Edit: Actually, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the PC version has a bunch of additional enhancements? If so, then yeah, holding out for it. Can anyone confirm?

#25 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

Has anyone had any bad luck with those weird ebay checkout systems?

I mean I have never had to use Channel Advisor before.

This one was very low hassle. A couple of extra continues
to push it through to Paypal, though no re-entering of any
information that isn't already on file. Just your PP password and out.

#26 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Wow nice. I already have Jade Empire (LE). But the other one is tempting.

#27 MrFortyFive

MrFortyFive

45 Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

I got it just for KUF. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra copy of Jade Empire but my local game shop wanted $15 for a used copy of KUF so no complaints here.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
- Carl Sagan

#28 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Speaking of backward compatible titles can someone point me to the latest compatibility list as well as where to download the latest version of the emulator?
I don't have my 360 hooked up to LIVE so I am going to go with the burn a CD route.

#29 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

thanks op. got it for jade empire.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#30 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

I got it just for KUF. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra copy of Jade Empire but my local game shop wanted $15 for a used copy of KUF so no complaints here.

As much as I'm interested ... I'd rather just spend that $5-10 on a 360 game now ... :-P

Good deal on JE for those who don't have it. Too bad it's not the LE edition that includes an extra character (along with some other stuff).