• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

BUNGIE AND ACTIVISION ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE, WORLDWIDE PARTNERSHIP

10-Year Alliance Expands Global Reach for Leading Game Developer Across Multiple Platforms

Kirkland, WA and Santa Monica, CA – April 29, 2010 -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie’s next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices. Bungie remains an independent company and will continue to own their intellectual property. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

The groundbreaking alliance will provide Bungie its first such partnership since splitting off from Microsoft in 2007, significantly broadening its global reach by providing the resources and support to develop, distribute and release games worldwide on multiple platforms and devices.

Activision will broaden its portfolio with a new franchise from one of the industry’s most creative, successful and proven studios, whose games have sold more than 25 million units worldwide. To date, Bungie’s Halo games have generated approximately $1.5 billion in revenues, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and GfK. Activision expects this agreement to be accretive to its operating margins as of the release of the first game.

“We chose to partner with Activision on our next IP because of their global reach, multi-platform experience and marketing expertise,” said Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. “From working together over the past nine months on this agreement, it is clear that Activision supports our commitment to giving our fans the best possible gaming experiences.”

“Bungie is one of the premier studios in our industry and we are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to work with their talented team over the next decade,” stated Thomas Tippl, Chief Operating Officer of Activision Blizzard. “Bungie has developed some of the most compelling and successful games, multiplayer experiences and thriving fan communities, and this alliance underscores our long-standing commitment to foster the industry’s best creative talent. Our unprecedented partnership with Bungie will enable us to broaden our pipeline of exciting new games as we continue to strengthen our industry position and pursue long-term growth opportunities.”

http://www.bungie.ne...=news&cid=25920
Posted Image

#2 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

WoW.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#3 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#4 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

You've got to be kidding me...

#5 Makula

Makula

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#6 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

Wow, pretty awesome. I hope this works out well for Activision.

#7 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

I really hope this doesn't Fuck up Bungie.

#8 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki

Powered by apathy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

World of Halo-craft????

Seriously, I hope Activision doesn't ream Bungie.

#9 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Bungie is to Activision as Rare is to Microsoft.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#10 E_G_Man

E_G_Man

Boilermaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Call of Duty: Combat Evolved
FRIEND CODES:
WII
Spoiler

DS
Spoiler

#11 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

OH WHAT THE HELL.
This is total bull, this would be like a good april fools joke. But now its just crappy.

#12 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

You know, I always sorta thought this might happen. But it still sucks. 10 years is quite a while. It's not even a specific game deal. It's a 'we own your asses for 10 years deal'. And given Activision's history with developers, this is not good news for them. You can say all you want about 'Bungie owns their IP, they're still indepdent, yada yada yada'; but keep in mind this is Activision. This company is about to close its' most profitable developer.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#13 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:30 PM

I love this gen. Never has there been so much drama and sillyness. I think the only people who are really upset about this are the microsoft brotheren, i mean this means more people get to play bungies next game, and now thats a bad thing amirite? Of course i'd be equally pissed if sony lost say Naughty Dog, but that isnt happening.

At this point, i am hoping the rumors of microsoft dropping the Xbox name from the 360 slim becomes true and that they re-launch the system under the 360 brand, with natal to try and steal some of that wii audience. It would be so epic to see unfold.

#14 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

I love this gen. Never has there been so much drama and sillyness. I think the only people who are really upset about this are the microsoft brotheren, i mean this means more people get to play bungies next game, and now thats a bad thing amirite? Of course i'd be equally pissed if sony lost say Naughty Dog, but that isnt happening.

I think most people are upset because they are joining Activision; not because they will be making games for multiple platforms.
Posted Image

#15 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

:wall:

Bungie clearly must not follow video game news, especially over the last month...

#16 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Pretty surprising to me that Bungie would want anything to do with them after the mess with Infinity Ward.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#17 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Bungie is to Activision as Rare is to Microsoft.

Fuck you.

Leave Rare out of this.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#18 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

I can see where this is going...

"Bungie employees leave over unpaid royalties, Activision announces 3 new Halo games for 2011"

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#19 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

Haha... way to choose a winner Bungie!
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

How is bungie under ms different from IW? They are force to work on more halo, with ms milking the series with halo war, halo mmorpg

#21 Ratfoot

Ratfoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

Could someone please lodge a bullet in my brain now?

#22 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

It's like Respawn never has to do any actual recruiting of their own.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#23 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Isn't this just a publishing deal? It's not like Activision have bought Bungie.

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal, I'd imagine Bungie are clever enough to have said "Don't Fuck us over like IW". I believe Bungie will retain IP on anything they produce.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#24 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Isn't this just a publishing deal? It's not like Activision have bought Bungie.

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal, I'd imagine Bungie are clever enough to have said "Don't Fuck us over like IW". I believe Bungie will retain IP on anything they produce.

I am sure thats what IW thought when they created Modern Warfare

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#25 dreamerslost

dreamerslost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

guess i wont be buying bungie games for the next 10 years

#26 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

I am sure thats what IW thought when they created Modern Warfare

Yeah but didn't IW sell out to Activision? Bungie aren't owned by Activision from what I can see.
I could be wrong.

Ah well, at the end of the day of the games are decent then I don't really care, the last few Halo games weren't that great, they could do with some new IP.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#27 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Halo is still a MS exclusive this is for new games made by bungie right?
Posted Image

#28 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Yea MS still own Halo. I am guessing they will let other developer keep making Halo games

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#29 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, this would be for new Franchises. So MS will be giving Halo to another developer I guess.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#30 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Bungie just sold their soul to the Devil. And not like the cool Robot Devil from Futurama, but like Bobby Kotick.. ya know the real devil.