• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#1 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

The Humble Indie Bundle:

The Humble Indie Bundle is a unique kind of bundle that we are trying out.

Pay what you want. If you bought these five games separately, it would cost around $80 but we're letting you set the price!

All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux. We didn't want to leave anyone out.

The bundle includes:
From JohnDM:
You can also buy the entire Penumbra Collection for $5 with any donation to the Humble Indie Bundle. Only works through the Frictional Games store (so no Steam codes) but you can get the whole Penumbra series for only $5 on any platform.

http://www.penumbragame.com/buy.php

You can choose to donate the money to charity (the Electronic Frontier Foundation and/or Child's Play) or give the money to the developers or any combination thereof.

Edited by Cantatus, 16 May 2010 - 04:42 AM.
Updated

#2 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Aquaria is a fantastic Metroid style game. I enjoyed it immensely.

Interesting how you can set the price, but then they say proceeds go to charity (well, one of them is a charity) so it makes people feel shitty about paying a penny or even a dollar.

If I didn't have three of these through Steam and I could care less about Gish (didn't enjoy the demo) I'd pick it up.

#3 gamer5389

gamer5389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

I was looking to buy Aquaria and I only own World of Goo so this is a real boon for me. Does anyone have any thoughts about Gish or Lugaru HD? I don't know much about those two.

#4 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Thanks OP for the heads up. I made sure the developers got all my money. IMHO this should be in the front page of CAG. ;)

Currently playing:
:pc: League of Legends/Titanfall
:3ds: Pokemon Y
:ps3: Okami HD

:ps4: NBA 2K14

#5 thedragon

thedragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

This is a good deal and for a good cause - worth checking out

#6 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

World of Goo alone is worth a few bucks.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#7 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

This is incredible! What do people think they'll do, as far as an amount?

#8 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

I was looking to buy Aquaria and I only own World of Goo so this is a real boon for me. Does anyone have any thoughts about Gish or Lugaru HD? I don't know much about those two.

I got Gish through Steam a while back for like $5. It's kinda interesting, not as good as World of Goo or Aquaria. You play as this ball of, um not sure what you're made of, it's kinda like tar. You can turn your body sticky, or heavy, or viscous, and the goal of the game is to get to the exit of each stage. The controls take some getting use to as, for example, you can't jump but you can do this bounce maneuver that requires good timing and allows you to get some pretty good air time. I enjoyed the game but got tired of it and never finished it.

Edited by lilman, 04 May 2010 - 07:47 PM.
gutting != getting

#9 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I paid $5 for the bundle, and if I enjoy the games, I’ll pay another $5-$10. I figure $1 per game is enough to test each of them.
To each his own.

#10 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

Plus you can gift the games, which seems like a great offer.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#11 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

World of Goo is amazing, probably one of the best indie games ever made. Gish is the only other game I've played in the group, and according to Steam I only put 2 hours in to complete it. It was an enjoyable time once I got used to the controls, but I don't really ever plan to replay it. I've been considering Aquaria for a while, so I think I'll use this as an opportunity to get that.

#12 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:40 PM

This is a really awesome offer. Even though I own all but one of these games, a few these are some of my favorite games of all time and I'm definitely willing to split $20 evenly for this.

$10 seems like a fair amount if you are just interested in the games. Aquaria alone would be worth the price to me. :D

#13 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

I am on the fence about how much I should pay and who should get what.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#14 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

Very cool, especially with proceeds going to charity. I hope this does well. I'll go with helmet and say $10 is a good pricepoint to start at.

#15 mivan83

mivan83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

sweet, couldn't pay much since I'm low on cash, will send them some more next paycheck if the games are cool

#16 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks OP, I'm in for $10 as well for a good cause. Not sure if any of the games are up my alley but maybe my kids might enjoy them.

#17 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

What a great idea...EA/Activision/et.al.., are you paying attention? hahaha... Well, anyway, I already have WoG and Penumbra Overture but the others do look mildly interesting...tempted...

Edited by dark-star, 05 May 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#18 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

very awesome will purchase when I get home.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#19 vherub

vherub

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

aquaria also has a well made fan mode that almost doubles the game length (it's already pretty meaty)

#20 worshipsf

worshipsf

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

I think $10 is a good price point also, though I'm inclined to add a bit extra to show appreciation that they're doing something like this.

#21 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

So once you pay, do you get a code or do you download right there? The reason I ask is because I'm at work and want to download once I get home.

decker%2001.jpg

#22 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Awesome! I gave them $10 as that's currently as much as I can give at the moment. Plus, I already own World of Goo, but I'll give it to a friend anyways. Looking forward to Aquaria and Penumbra Overture!

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#23 Fighterspledge

Fighterspledge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Is world of goo Xbox live compatible?

#24 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Is world of goo Xbox live compatible?

Uh, I don't think so.

I already own Aquaria (From an indie sale in D2D) and World of Goo (past pay-whatever-you-want sale). I lost my Lugaru CD key (From giveaway), so I might just be getting it for Lugaru and Gish.

Quick question: I have some Amazon GC balance in my account. Can I use that balance to pay under Amazon?
Posted Image

#25 ChestyMan

ChestyMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

Interesting how you can set the price, but then they say proceeds go to charity (well, one of them is a charity) so it makes people feel shitty about paying a penny or even a dollar.

If I didn't have three of these through Steam and I could care less about Gish (didn't enjoy the demo) I'd pick it up.

I paid only a dollar and you're right. I do feel kinda shitty. I already had gish and WoG though, don't care about that fighting game, and am not sure if penumbra runs on my pc (according to canyourunit, it won't but that's not always accurate)

so I paid $1 for aquaria

#26 Lost Loser

Lost Loser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

I paid only a dollar and you're right. I do feel kinda shitty. I already had gish and WoG though, don't care about that fighting game, and am not sure if penumbra runs on my pc (according to canyourunit, it won't but that's not always accurate)

so I paid $1 for aquaria

You gave a dollar to charity. There's nothing to feel bad about there. When they set this up they knew most people would pick to pay incredibly small prices, but they also knew most people probably don't think about donating to charity until they come across an opportunity like this. I'm sure they have some sort of economics type person working with them and that they expect to raise more money this way than if they kept the games full priced and donated all of those proceeds to charity.

#27 Jack

Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

I think I'll give these a try. Thanks for posting, Cantatus.
Brawl: 1892-4510-3504

#28 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

What a great idea...EA/Activision/et.al.., are you paying attention?

No, they're all too busy swimming in their vaults full of money.

#29 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

I feel kinda shitty, I'd give more but I only have 0.03 in my Paypal right now. Oh well, thanks for the great deal.

OH NO. THEY EVEN HAVE A SCRAGGLY LOOKING BEARDED GUY WITH A SIGN. I'm the worst :(

#30 wiideal08

wiideal08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

I paid $5.00. I'll most likely donate more later on. Good cause.