Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Updated 08/10/14)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#1 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Welcome to CAG's general deals thread for video game soundtracks. The reason for this thread's existence are: 1) VGM collecting can be very expensive, since most physical soundtracks come in the form of Japanese imports, and 2) good deals can be had if one looks hard enough.

Shops listings include basic info, pros and cons, and current deals (if any). Unless otherwise noted, all prices are in US dollars or Japanese yen. I'll do my best to keep this updated on a regular basis, and hope that my fellow CAGs can help out :)

Updates:
08/10/14: Amazon.co.jp has been updated, with some changes. I've removed the 300-499 yen off category; all of the featured discounts on there are now 500 yen off or higher. This store's section was getting a bit unwieldy, so this change was necessary. Also note that this is the first update for Amazon.co.jp since Japan's sales tax rose to 8% (from 5%), so please take that into account. By the way, the most notable new addition to the discount listings there is the Rockman X Sound Box, which is currently well over 2,000 yen off!

Amazon.com has also seen a substantial update, and there are smaller ones for Otaku.com, Play-Asia, YesAsia, and Game Music Bundle.

Albums of the Update:
- Here's a pretty significant release: Sumthing Else is in the process of publishing ten volumes of Mega Man music in the form of a digital-only reissue of Rockcan Sound E Can. There are four volumes available now through the usual digital music shops, each priced at $9.99, and the whole set will be out before the end of the year.
- Persona Q is out in Japan now, and so is the soundtrack. The composers are all Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, and/or Etrian Odyssey series regulars, so this should be a good one.
- If you bought the Transistor Original Soundtrack via Steam or Supergiant's own website, you can get the Extended Edition for free. It mainly consists of "hummed" versions of the OST's tunes.
- For those who enjoyed Assassin's Creed IV's Sea Shanty album, there's now a Volume 2. As with the first volume, this is digital only.
- Cult favorite doujin game Yume Nikki now has an Original Soundtrack. Although it's digital only right now, a physical release is scheduled for the end of this month.

Old updates:
Spoiler

Glossary:
VGM - Video Game Music.
OST - Original Sound Track. A variation is OSV, which is short for "Original Sound Version".
Arrange album - Game music albums that are not OSTs, but rerecordings or remixes of game music. Square Enix's "Piano Collections" albums and live concert recordings fit in this category.
First Press - Refers to an edition of a soundtrack (or a bonus that comes with it) that is only available with the first print run. Many such soundtracks have the same MSRP as "normal" editions.
Doujin - A Japanese term for independantly made and produced media items, including games (and those games' soundtracks) and fan works such as game remix albums.
Obi - The cardstock piece that wraps around the spine of most Japanese CDs. Used CDs that are missing the obi (if there was one originally) will usually be cheaper, but are not considered "complete". Often machine-translated as "band".

SAL - Surface Air Lift. Economy airmail, with no tracking or insurance (though some shops offer "Registered SAL", which includes tracking and limited insurance). Usually the cheapest international shipping available from Japan; can take anywhere from ten days to six weeks.
EMS - Express Mail Service. What it says. The fastest and priciest international postal shipping from Japan, it usually takes between 3-5 days. Always includes tracking and insurance. Highly recommended for large and/or expensive orders.
Proxy service - A type of shopping service international buyers use to get items that are only sold locally. There are also forwarding services in which an international buyer places the order themselves and has it shipped to a local address, from which it's forwarded to said buyer.

How to Find Game Music on Japanese-Language Sites (when you don't know Japanese):
Copy and paste either the title (in kanji) or the catalog number of an album into the search bar, either at the specific site you're searching, or through Google. VGMdb is a good reference for both types of information.

Free and Bonus Game OSTs:
Unfortunately, the lists for these soundtracks have been lost during the transition to CAG 3.0, and I foolishly did not think to save them beforehand. Therefore, I have begun recompiling both lists here from memory, plus there are some new listings as well. As always, suggestions are appreciated!

Legally Free Game Soundtracks
Spoiler

Bonus Soundtrack Included Updated!
Spoiler

Online Shops (General)

All shops/services listed in alphabetical order. New deals on/listings for individual soundtracks are in bold (note: slight price drops/increases are not bolded).

Amazon.co.jp Updated!
Formats: CD, MP3
Conditions: new, used (from Marketplace sellers)
+ Some of THE best Japanese game OST prices online and Japanese retail prices on everything else, incredible and diverse selection, fast international shipping, payment in US dollars is accepted for in-stock items, excellent customer service.
- Only offers (expensive) express shipping for international orders, separate and more expensive shipping rates for Fulfilled by Amazon items, limited English-language navigation options, separate Amazon.co.jp account is usually required (unlike with other international Amazon sites), many Marketplace and Fulfilled by Amazon items can't be shipped internationally.
Additional Info: To order Marketplace/Fulfillment items that can't be shipped overseas, or just to lessen the cost of shipping, a proxy or forwarding service is recommended. CAG favorite dv8CAG specializes in Amazon.co.jp forwarding.
Amazon.co.jp's game music CD section and Amazon.co.jp's game music MP3 section (Japanese, limited English)
- Some game music CD subsections, for slightly easier browsing:
Current promotions/sales:
Spoiler

Amazon.com Updated!
Conditions: new, used (from Marketplace sellers)
+ Great selection of domestically-released OSTs, track samples available, excellent customer service, multiple Cheapy Award winner.
- Import OST prices tend to be stupidly high, chance of bootlegs for imports.
Amazon.com's animation and game soundtrack section and Amazon's products tagged with "video game soundtracks"
Spoiler

AmiAmi
Formats: CD
Conditions: new
+ Japanese retail prices, frequent shopper points, multiple orders can be combined, multiple shipping options, good customer service.
- Rarely any VGM deals (amazing prices for figures, though!), domestic sales tax is included, high shipping estimates, strict cancellation policy.
AmiAmi's game CD section
Current promotions/sales: Nothing notable right now :-(

Bandcamp
Formats: CD, MP3, FLAC
+ Proceeds from all sales go directly to the artists, many albums are "name your price", easy to browse, sample tracks available.
- None that I know of.
Additional Info: VGM albums can be found under the tags game music, game soundtrack, and video game soundtrack. Alternately, there's this Google search.
Some Game OSTs/Publishers on Bandcamp: A handful of notable artists and albums.
Spoiler

Current promotions/sales: Nothing that I know of :cry:

CDJapan
+ Good selection, Japanese retail prices (with small discounts on many items), regular sales, frequent shopper points and coupons, multiple shipping options, good customer service.
- Rarer OSTs can be hard to come by, game OSTs in particular hardly ever go on sale (and the most they seem to ever be discounted is 5% off of retail), shipping estimates can sometimes be too high.
CDJapan's game CD listings
Current promotions/sales: Nothing notable right now :cry:

DeepDiscount.com (suggested by JamesInDigital)
I've never bought anything from here, so no review for right now. If anybody wants to contribute one, that would be great :)
DeepDiscount.com's video game music section

iTunes
Formats: MP3, AAC
Conditions: n/a
+ Cheaper than physical disks, includes some OSTs that would be hard or impossible to find in disk form to begin with.
- Limited selection, no sales (that I know of), albums are sometimes removed from the store without warning.
Additional Info: For game music, search under "Soundtracks" in the iTunes Store; this is one of those places where it really helps if you are looking for something specific.
Some Game OSTs/Publishers on iTunes: A list of publishers and individual albums to keep an eye out for.
Spoiler

Mandarake
Conditions: used, new (though it's rare)
+ Decent-to-great prices; carries obscure, rare, and doujin CDs.
- Limited English-language browsing options, 500 yen handling fee applied to orders under 5,000 yen, some parts of the site are extremely NSFW (especially since the option to filter out hentai products is broken).
Mandarake's CD section
Current promotions/sales: None that I know of :cry:

National Console Support (aka NCSX) (suggested by Traitorious)
+ Has a great reputation among import gamers.
- Generally high prices, limited selection.
NCSX's music CDs section
Current promotions/sales: Couldn't find anything :cry:

Otaku.com Updated!
Conditions: used, new
+ Wide-ranging selection (just about all of it in-stock), carries doujin CDs, some rare items, great customer service.
- Some prices tend to be on the high side, high flat-rate shipping sent via Registered SAL (though this is negotiable for large orders), site not well designed for casual browsing.
Otaku's game music section and Otaku's Final Fantasy CD section

Play-Asia Updated!
+ Good selection, regular sales, multiple shipping options, generally decent prices, coupons, good customer service, multiple Cheapy Award winner.
- Rarer OSTs can be hard to come by, slightly better prices can be found elsewhere with a little digging.
Play-Asia's Videogame Soundtracks section
Spoiler

Rakuten
Conditions: mostly used, some new
+ Large and diverse selection; carries obscure, rare, and doujin CDs.
- Most sellers only ship via EMS, product descriptions are machine translated.
Additional info:
Rakuten's game music CD section
Current promotions/sales: Can't really find anything right now :cry:

Steam
Formats: MP3
+ Good prices, amazing sales, good site navigation.
- Soundtracks are generally treated like DLC and require the base game, no dedicated section in the store for soundtracks.
Steam search for "soundtrack"
Current promotions/sales: Changes on a daily basis, and may or may not include soundtrack DLC. There are two large annual sales to keep an eye out for-- a summer sale and a holiday sale-- as well as your typical Black Friday sale. Check out the current Steam Deals Thread for up-to-date info.

YesAsia Updated!
+ Wide-ranging selection, free international economy shipping for many items.
- Items aren't necessarily guaranteed to come in stock.
YesAsia's game music section
Spoiler

Online Shops (Official)

Blizzard Gear (formerly the Blizzard online shop)
+ Exclusive items.
- Very limited selection.
Blizzard Gear's CD/DVD section
Current promotions/sales: Nope :cry:

Game Music Bundle Updated!
+ Set your own price, supports game music composers.
- Limited and fluctuating selection.
Additional info: I highly recommend subscribing to their mailing list to get the latest info on new bundles. Click on the button that says "+ Follow Game Music Bundle" to do so.
Game Music Bundle
Current promotions/sales: No bundle right now :cry:

Humble Bundle
+ Set your own price, supports indie developers and/or charities.
- Limited and fluctuating selection, not all bundles include soundtracks.
Humble Bundle
Current promotions/sales: Check out the Humble Megathread for the most up-to-date info.

Rockstar
+ Good site navigation, good prices
- Very limited selection, no exclusives (as far as music goes).
Rockstar Warehouse's CD section
Current promotions/sales: None :cry:

Square Enix (Online Store suggested by Kirin Lemon, Distant Worlds suggested by Nogib)
Formats: CD (Square Enix Online Store), MP3 (Distant Worlds)
+ All-around great prices for import Square Enix OSTs, free shipping at $100.
- Limited selection, no non-Square Enix-published Square Enix game music (such as anything Dragon Quest), the Online Store is run by Digital River.
Square Enix Online Store's music CD section
Distant Worlds official store
Current promotions/sales: Don't seem to be any :cry:

Sumthing Digital (suggested by eastx)
+ Digital downloads of Sumthing Else releases, with samples, all in one handy location. If you aren't familiar with them, Sumthing Else publishes a lot of Western game music, and also domestic versions of some Japanese soundtracks (mostly Capcom ones).
- None that I can see, other than the shop being download-only (for CD releases, check Amazon.com).
Sumthing Digital's game soundtracks section
Current promotions/sales: Nothing right now, as far as I know :cry:

Video Games Live
Don't know much about this place, so no plusses or minuses for now. They used to have a small selection of Video Games Live and Tommy Tallarico albums, but right now, all it looks like they carry is t-shirts and other merchandise.
Video Games Live's online shop (new link)
Current promotions/sales: None, looks like :cry:

Auction Sites

eBay
Formats: CD, vinyl (though it's rare)
+ Some tasty rarities pop up here from time to time.
- Tons of BOOTLEGS, limited selection of legit OSTs, rare CDs tend to be cheaper on Japanese secondhand sites, the usual eBay crapola.
Additional Info: I don't think I need to tell you all how to get to eBay ;)
Legit Sellers: Otaku.com and NCSX (listed above) are both known eBay sellers; here are some others.
Spoiler

Yahoo! Japan Auctions (suggested by Bloomy)
Formats: CD, vinyl (though it's rare)
+ The Japanese equivalent of eBay, wide-ranging selection, rarities, less of a risk of bootlegs than on eBay.
- Entire site in Japanese, you will probably have to go through (and pay for) a proxy service to get what you want (Bloomy recommends Celga).
Yahoo! Japan Auctions (Japanese)
Additional Info: Dealing with Yahoo Japan auctions

:-( GameMusic.com R.I.P. :-(
:-( VGM World (vgmworld.com) R.I.P. :-(

Additional contributors/thanks: SleazyC, K_G, helmet, ZerotypeX, metaly, 11440, MSUHitman, neocisco, TheLongshot, louiedog

Edited by R. Kasahara, 11 August 2014 - 05:55 AM.
Some store and other updates.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#2 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

The official Square-Enix store has some great prices on some of their soundtracks. $19.99 for the Final Fantasy Tactics OST is a fantastic deal.

http://store.na.squa...goryID.16256200
Posted Image

#3 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

I bought from CD Japan and Otaku before and am very happy with their service. They tend to use boxes for shipment, which is particularly important if the item has a digipak type of packaging, or could easily be dented or crushed.

Shipping usually costs an arm and a leg though.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#4 ConfusedWisdom

ConfusedWisdom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Oh man, I've been looking for Katamari Fortissimo Damacy forever. It's just that I can't read Japanese T_T

#5 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Well made thread, thanks!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#6 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

Handy thread! Well done.

#7 SleazyC

SleazyC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

I've bought from VGM World, Otaku, Amazon JP, CDJapan and YesAsia and all of them had good service. VGM World and Otaku I can single out specifically as they were very open answering questions I asked them about the products they sold.
Posted Image

#8 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

The official Square-Enix store has some great prices on some of their soundtracks. $19.99 for the Final Fantasy Tactics OST is a fantastic deal.

http://store.na.squa...goryID.16256200

Added to the list. Thanks for the suggestion!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#9 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Very well organized. I've been meaning to start picking up OSTs now that I have a bit of cash saved up, and can justify some random expenditures.

I haven't bought anything from them in awhile, but doesn't ncsx.com carry OSTs too?

#10 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

Noticed there wasn't a catch-all thread for video game soundtracks, and seeing as how 1) VGM collecting can be very expensive, since most soundtracks come in the form of Japanese imports, and 2) good deals can be had if one looks hard enough, I thought this might be a good idea.

This is amazing!
I am not a super OST enthusiast, though your effort rules
and should elate any interested parties.

#11 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:40 PM

wow great job op, nice and well organized!

Best online trading website currently in my opinion.  Trust me I'm a CAG.

Banner2.png

#12 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

GameMusic.com seems to have some great prices. Sure there is nothing up with them? A little to good to be true.

#13 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Ohh wow a must appreciated thread :D I hope it stays alive for a long time

#14 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

FYI, Distant Worlds II came out the other day. All I can say is buy buy BUY it! http://store.ffdistantworlds.com/
End of line.

#15 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

No CD of it this time around?

#16 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

FYI, Distant Worlds II came out the other day. All I can say is buy buy BUY it! http://store.ffdistantworlds.com/

Yep, that version of Dancing Mad is pretty much the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of the world.
Posted Image

#17 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

great thread...tagged for later...now I need to find a great deal on the Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles soundtrack and the RE: Degeneration movie.

#18 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Cool thread idea! You are totally missing http://www.sumthingdigital.com . Sumthing Digital is the place to get the Bionic Commando Rearmed, Borderlands, Halo, God of War, Blue Dragon, and other (mostly western) game soundtracks in MP3 form. They usually have 10 or 20% off coupons, too. The current coupon code is vgl15 for 15% off all game music (expires May 26).

Edited by eastx, 07 May 2010 - 06:57 PM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#19 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Something to remember, if you bought the Tales of Vesperia 360 LE, if you redeem the code that was in there you get Vol. 2 and 3 of the 10th Anniversary Soundtrack on CD (Vol. 1 is in the CE.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#20 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

I've bought from VGM World, Otaku, Amazon JP, CDJapan and YesAsia and all of them had good service. VGM World and Otaku I can single out specifically as they were very open answering questions I asked them about the products they sold.

Added your notes about VGM World and Otaku's customer service; thanks for the input :)

I haven't bought anything from them in awhile, but doesn't ncsx.com carry OSTs too?

I forgot about NCSX! ^^; Just checked, and they do carry OSTs; I'll add them shortly.

Trying to check another store I forgot (Mandarake), but can't get it to load. I can't remember if they carry game soundtracks; anyone here know?

GameMusic.com seems to have some great prices. Sure there is nothing up with them? A little to good to be true.

It's been years since I last ordered from them, but they're legit.

Yep, that version of Dancing Mad is pretty much the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of the world.

Better than the Black Mages version?

And to Nogib: I'll add the Distant Worlds link to the Square Enix Store section, just to keep all that stuff together. Thanks for the info!

Cool thread idea! You are totally missing http://www.sumthingdigital.com . Sumthing Digital is the place to get the Bionic Commando Rearmed, Borderlands, Halo, God of War, Blue Dragon,and other (mostly western) game soundtracks in MP3 form. They usually have 10 or 20% off coupons, too. The current coupon code is vgl15 for 15% off all game music (expires May 26).

Thanks :) I know Sumthing has MP3 OSTs at Amazon (CDs there, too) and on iTunes, but I'll add the company store as well.

Edited by blueshinra, 06 May 2010 - 10:07 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#21 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

Oh this is just awesome. I've been meaning to create a game music geeking out thread for a while, but this will do. :)

I've been trying to figure out what's up with the Valkyria Chronicles 2 OST, which has been out for a while but the only online store carrying it is otaku.com. It sounds like they're pretty reliable, though?

#22 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeet! Thanks for the effort! I usually buy from Play-Asia and occassionally Amazon JP but it's nice to see so many other options.

#23 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Something to remember, if you bought the Tales of Vesperia 360 LE, if you redeem the code that was in there you get Vol. 2 and 3 of the 10th Anniversary Soundtrack on CD (Vol. 1 is in the CE.)

I don't think you can anymore, the link to register it seems to just redirect to the main tales site.

#24 SleazyC

SleazyC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

Oh this is just awesome. I've been meaning to create a game music geeking out thread for a while, but this will do. :)

I've been trying to figure out what's up with the Valkyria Chronicles 2 OST, which has been out for a while but the only online store carrying it is otaku.com. It sounds like they're pretty reliable, though?

Amazon JP has it as well -> http://www.amazon.co...&language=en_JP

A good way to search for specific OST's is to use VGMdb (www.vgmdb.net) and grab the catalog number and then google it. You can usually bring up Amazon JP much easier than searching for the title of the OST as the differences in translations of a games name can make it a bit tougher to find.
Posted Image

#25 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

Better than the Black Mages version?

Way, way, way better. Then multiplied by one thousand more "way"s.
Posted Image

#26 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

A good way to search for specific OST's is to use VGMdb (www.vgmdb.net) and grab the catalog number and then google it. You can usually bring up Amazon JP much easier than searching for the title of the OST as the differences in translations of a games name can make it a bit tougher to find.

I've been using a similar approach lately. VGMdb typically has kanji titles for Japanese OSTs listed alongside the translated ones; I just copy and paste that into Amazon JP's search window whenever I'm price-checking (or wishlisting) a specific album there. VGMdb in general is great for looking up all kinds of information about game OSTs.

Speaking of Amazon JP, they also have subsections for some specific game series, for those who like to browse. I've pulled out the ones that I recognized here:

- Wizardry (mostly OOP stuff)
- Ogre Battle (all OOP stuff)
- Gran Turismo
- Sakura Wars
- Shin Megami Tensei
- Super Robot Wars
- Xenosaga
- Da Capo
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Digimon
- Tokimeki Memorial
- Dragon Quest
- Resident Evil (Biohazard)
- Parappa the Rapper (mostly OOP stuff)
- beatmania
- Fire Emblem
- Final Fantasy
- Persona
- Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
- Metal Gear Solid
- Wild Arms

Way, way, way better. Then multiplied by one thousand more "way"s.

Hah, I'll have to check it out sometime, then.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#27 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

Awesome thread! My go to place for import OST's is Play Asia. Sumthing digital has good stuff.

A suggestion to all....Check out Distant Worlds II. It's unbelievable.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#28 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

Great thread.

Since you list eBay, I thought I'd bring up that Yahoo Japan Auctions is another option for finding rarities. There's probably a lesser chance of bootlegs there than eBay. Most sellers don't ship internationally, so there'd be some extra fees for using a middleman service. Here's a tutorial on using the site, including some middleman services. I use Celga myself and have been happy with them. Even with the extra fees, YJA can still beat prices on eBay. I recently picked up the Majora's Mask soundtrack, and have gotten some Club Nintendo CDs in the past (I hope the US Club Nintendo adds soundtracks to their rewards). I can't read Japanese, so for searches, I just copy / paste Japanese from Wikipedia articles.

#29 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Their shipping is nasty, but they're alright.
Posted Image

#30 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Good thread! Will keep an eye out... :-D Really wondering on SMG2 OST... I bought the first one from Playasia a when it was released... great price too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vgm, game music, game soundtracks, deals, cd deals, mp3 deals, amazon, itunes