• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#1 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

Gamestop.com has $10-$20 coupon codes when you pre-order the following games

Use coupon code F2D for "Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM". Make sure to pick the free 2 day ground shipping at checkout. (thanks IAmTheCheapestGamer)

$20 coupon codes:
Halo Reach/Limited/Legendary
Super Mario Galaxy 2

$10 coupon codes:
Alan Wake/Limited
Blur
Crackdown 2
Green Day: Rock Band/Plus
Madden NFL 11
Mafia 2
ModNation Racers
Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands
Red Dead Redemption
Singularity
Shrek Forever After
Skate 3
Split/Second
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
UFC Undisputed 2010

Coupon Code FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?
A: Other than Edge, no they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: I pre-ordered a game before it had the coupon code deal. Will I still get it?
A: I don't know. Email Gamestop help@gamestop.com or call (800) 883-8895

Q: When do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: Is this deal in stores, or can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. This is online only at Gamestop.com. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to take up to 3 days before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't received it after 3 days you can email help@gamestop.com or call (800) 883-8895

Edited by ShockandAww, 19 May 2010 - 05:05 AM.

#2 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Damn, it's a war out there now lol

#3 midloo

midloo

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

Yeah and without stacking, Gamestop is always going to lose that war, IMO. I'll just keep going to Amazon (and stacking my coupons to get better deals) :)

#4 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

I preordered Alan Wake way before it shows up the $10 bonus. Will I still get the coupon code?

#5 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

I pre-ordered Halo:Reach Legendary Edition about a week ago, will I should get the $20 coupon too, right? I emailed them to make

#6 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:26 AM

I preordered Alan Wake way before it shows up the $10 bonus. Will I still get the coupon code?

I think for situations like this it sometimes varies, especially with gamestop. So calling/e-mailing would be your best bet.

#7 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

I pre-ordered Halo:Reach Legendary Edition about a week ago, will I should get the $20 coupon too, right? I emailed them to make

They have always made me do a cancel/reorder when promo items have been added to pre-orders in the past. I have found that their on-line customer service finds the way for themselves to have to do the least amount of work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 chrollo

chrollo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

if its not in stores i no want

#9 ParkCarsHere

ParkCarsHere

Lincolnish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the compilation of all these discounts, OP.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about these coupons. It does completely suck that they do not stack with each other, but they are valid for two years! It is very feasible to believe that, at some point in the next two years, there will be a game that is discounted at Gamestop without any other promotions. It is in this situation that the coupons will be very useful.

The only problem I see is in the impatience of us gamers - some of us feel the need to get rid of our credit as soon as possible. These coupons reward the patient!

And who knows. Maybe if Gamestop realizes they need to be a bit more competitive with Amazon they will allow the stacking of coupons.

#10 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, I think Gamestop has been doing a great job with the codes and it would be nice if credit would stack, but it's not terrible that they don't. I just wish they would integrate these deals into the actual physical stores a little more. Let you use the credit in-store, or at LEAST offer the same base prices in store as online. I can understand wanting to save the codes, like PRE25, for online, but if a game is $49.99 regular price on the site, it should be $49.99 in the store - not $54.99 or whatever. That $5 is enough to make me want to buy it when I'd usually wait, but not enough to make me want to buy it online vs. in the store.

#11 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

These coupon codes stack with Edge.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#12 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the compilation of all these discounts, OP.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about these coupons. It does completely suck that they do not stack with each other, but they are valid for two years! It is very feasible to believe that, at some point in the next two years, there will be a game that is discounted at Gamestop without any other promotions. It is in this situation that the coupons will be very useful.

The only problem I see is in the impatience of us gamers - some of us feel the need to get rid of our credit as soon as possible. These coupons reward the patient!

And who knows. Maybe if Gamestop realizes they need to be a bit more competitive with Amazon they will allow the stacking of coupons.

A voice of reason on the Internet? You are not welcome here!

#13 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

Just to be sure since I haven't tried it yet. If you order online, get the code, can you return the game instore after it arrives to get full credit back and not lose the code?

#14 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

i got them match the red dead redemption $20 credit from amazon.
Blarg

Posted Image

#15 Sab

Sab

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Can I stack these coupons with a gift card?

#16 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

I still haven't received my $10 coupons from last week order of JC2, GTA ep, and Bioshock2
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

I think the answer is no, but I just want to confirm, you cannot use these coupon codes on MS points or PSN cards? Thanks!

evophile.pngevophile.png

#18 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

I think the answer is no, but I just want to confirm, you cannot use these coupon codes on MS points or PSN cards? Thanks!

Correct. You cannot.

#19 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

Just to be sure since I haven't tried it yet. If you order online, get the code, can you return the game instore after it arrives to get full credit back and not lose the code?

This is return fraud, discussion about it is not allowed.

Posted Image

#20 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Damn, it's a war out there now lol

:twoguns:

YeeHawwww....... I love it when competition rears its' ugly head.

#21 EUFROM412

EUFROM412

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

So you can't use these in stores eh? So G$ is competing with themselves among others. I guess I'll be going into the store to cancel my Reach and Prince of Persia preorders.

Kuruption84.png

#22 newtypex

newtypex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Not interested in Gamestop's tax...but will be interesting to see if Amazon will match the $10 Gift cert for Alan Wake LE.

#23 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

I didn't feel it warranted a new thread just for this, but if anyone wants FREE two day shipping, use the code F2D to get it on ALL pre-order titles.

Coupon F2D - Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM

I got this code from the following site: http://www.tjoos.com...n/6338/Gamestop

There's a ton of codes on there. Some work, some don't.

Unfortunately, the code DEADEYE no longer works for pre-orders of Red Dead Redemption. It gave you free overnight shipping and the outfit that causes faster regen of deadeye.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#24 jamezuva

jamezuva

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

I posted this question in another in another gamestop thread but this seems to be a better place to ask it...

For people who order at Gamestop more than I do, I had a off-topic question about pre-orders. I got locked into my Lost Planet 2 pre-order despite it being several days before release since it was already "packaged" per them. In general, if you're going to cancel a pre-order, what's the minimum amount of time before release I should do it? Thanks

#25 Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

i got them match the red dead redemption $20 credit from amazon.

wha?

#26 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

I have 5 games preordered with the 25OFF code.

I emailed customer support to see if I qualify for the $10 bonus offer. I received an email back from customer support and was sent 3 $10 codes.

Why do you think I was emailed 3 codes and not 5? Shouldn't I be receiving these codes at the time the game ships? Should I even be getting codes at all since I used the 25OFF?

I'm confused..

Kevin

#27 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:27 AM

I emailed customer support to see if I qualify for the $10 bonus offer. I received an email back from customer support and was sent 3 $10 codes.

Why do you think I was emailed 3 codes and not 5? Shouldn't I be receiving these codes at the time the game ships? Should I even be getting codes at all since I used the 25OFF?

I'm confused..

Kevin

Just take them and shut up.

Thomas

#28 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:16 AM

Just take them and shut up.

Thomas

wow...

Thanks for the words of wisdom. You're a wealth of knowledge.

Kevin

#29 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:18 AM

I'm confused..

Kevin

Guessing its a case by case thing. I received a code the other day hours before my order shipped and I even debated canceling. Sadly, I wanted the game and by then the $10 credit bonus was over so seemed pointless.

I'm in the same boat as you though. Pre-ordered a good handful of games with 25OFF and not sure if I'll have any codes coming but I'll drop them a line tomorrow and see what the deal is. What games did you pre-order by chance so maybe we can connect up some dots on why they sent you only 3?

#30 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:36 AM

I sent them an email asking about it myself. I had preordered RDR, Crackdown 2 and Reach.