• Administrators

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:04 AM

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

#2 PS2gamerGCN

PS2gamerGCN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the post. I wish that this included the PS3 version; I know Amazon had both for $20 as the DOTD a few months ago. I passed and now I regret it as I really want a game that supports four players locally.

#3 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

To All Achievement Hunters

Due to the removal of DLC from the Marketplace, 250 GS are no longer achievable.
---
I loved the game, and its a really good price for it.

#4 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

Meh, I passed on GF sale because I thought it was a bit too much, so I'll definitely pass on this.

Thanks anyway, Cheapy.

#5 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hoping for a Gold Edition with the DLC....

#6 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

Hoping for a Gold Edition with the DLC....

Keep hoping. They pulled the DLC from the marketplace due to licensing issues.

#7 JDUB X

JDUB X

CAG 2.0 GET!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

I heard the game also went quickly out of print due to licensing issues as well.
Posted Image

#8 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

I grabbed the dlc and my 1250 achievement points way before the licensing issues came up

btw to anyone looking to play with a friend, if someone has the dlc and someone else doesn't you can't play together unless someone deletes their dlc or vice versa sadly

#9 newtypex

newtypex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:26 AM

I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Everything in this game just spells RUSH JOB in capital letters. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...maybe.

#10 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...

I went bach to MUA 1 after playing this one and was blown away at what WASN'T in part 2. It is a good game but MUA 1 blows it away.
Posted Image

#11 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

On a semi-related note, anyone know where to find MUA1 Gold edition for a decent price? I've seen the regular edition for low prices, but all the gold editions are over $60...

#12 Tormod

Tormod

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

I searched earlier this week, and Ebay or used game sales (Gamestop) is the only way to get the Gold edition since it's out of print.

The platinum hits version has all the same stuff though, and it's still in print (maybe not for long). $30 MSRP. I got mine from buy.com for full price, but Overstock has it now for $21. Pictures are showing the old one, so hopefully it's the PH version.

http://www.overstock...ci_sku=12273771

Here's the buy.com link for good measure:

http://www.buy.com/p.../206708569.html
Posted Image

#13 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

On a semi-related note, anyone know where to find MUA1 Gold edition for a decent price? I've seen the regular edition for low prices, but all the gold editions are over $60...

Last time I checked Walmart.com had it in stock for $29.99 I think.

#14 polo14player

polo14player

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

ps3 version is $9.99 at sears!

#15 BLUEMANRULE

BLUEMANRULE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Everything in this game just spells RUSH JOB in capital letters. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...maybe.

I couldn't agree more. I think the step down in quality is too evident. MUA is still a great game and holds up.

#16 choral_music

choral_music

Ready for Steam Box

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

I MUA's DLC still up? (MUA 1)

EDIT: Also, does MUA Gold Edition include the DLC?

#17 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

I MUA's DLC still up? (MUA 1)

EDIT: Also, does MUA Gold Edition include the DLC?

No, the DLC is no longer available, as Microsoft pulled it for both MUA1 and MUA2 right before the end of last year.

Yes, the DLC is included in the Gold Edition, which is why it's carrying a price premium at the moment for buying it. It's the only way to get the MUA1 DLC right now, and there's no way to get the MUA2 DLC at all.

#18 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Also, does MUA Gold Edition include the DLC?

Yep.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

the main reason is because MUA2 was made by another studio. Activision thinks that it doesnt matter who makes the game

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#20 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

MUA1 SE (Platinum Edition) = MUA1 Gold Edition ???
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#21 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

Picked this up at Target a couple weeks back for 9.99 and that was still too much. Very poor game and I ended up flipping it for 20.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#22 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

MUA1 SE (Platinum Edition) = MUA1 Gold Edition ???

Yes.

#23 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

Agreed 100%. I bought it when it first came out, and the further I played it, the more I disliked it. MUA 1 and the X-men legends game had much better variety in moves, characters, and gear to equip. The regular enemies and boss battles were also much better. Plus the story in MUA 2 is pretty weak. Such a letdown... possibly the most disappointing game I have ever played.

#24 Draken Zero

Draken Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

Also a note for all you achievement whores, myself included, 1250 for this game is no longer possible as the DLC is no longer available - first game I've seen that thought it would be peachy for DLC to "expire."

EDIT: Sorry that its been mentioned (didnt read page 1 =p ). But its worth mentioning a few times imo! :)

#25 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

Xmen Legends games were much better than the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

#26 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

Heh, I just returned a 360 version couple days ago to Target since no one wanted it.

#27 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

The platinum hits version has all the same stuff though, and it's still in print

Awesome, thanks for the info!

#28 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

I'm holding out hope for MUA2 gold with the DLC on the disc.

#29 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

I'm holding out hope for MUA2 gold with the DLC on the disc.

It will never happen. Save your hope for something else.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:22 AM

I picked up a copy for $13 at Samsclub. Sounds like I should return it...