Sonic Colors - Coming to Wii and DS This Year

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:12 AM

Posted Image

http://blogs.sega.co...lors/#more-5124

We’re excited to announce a brand-new game for Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic Colors is a high speed action-adventure in which Sonic races through theme park-inspired worlds to rescue a colorful alien race from the clutches of Dr. Eggman. An extraordinary amusement park has been seen orbiting around the home planet of Sonic the Hedgehog, and rumors are spreading that an alien race of Wisps, who have a unique colorful energy, are being held captive there by the evil Dr. Eggman. Soon after arriving at the amusement park, Sonic discovers he is able to use these mysterious alien forces to help the Wisps escape! Sonic Colors will be available on the Wii and the Nintendo DS around holiday 2010. Sonic Colors for the Wii seamlessly combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives, while the Nintendo DS version takes full advantage of the console’s dual screen.

Posted Image

Sonic Colors sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique “Color Power” that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb while speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly. Exclusive Wisp power-ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.

Posted Image

We’ve got these screens and more on our new Sonic Colors set on Flickr, and a trailer for you below!

For more information, see our invitation below.

Posted Image

#2 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

Soooo, its sega saying "OMG Galaxy is a huge seller, while our sonic games have been crap lately, so we should rip it off?"
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#3 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

The Fuck?

Posted Image

#4 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

This information is said to come from the most recent issue of Nintendo Power...
- Sweet Mountain zone and Tropical Reservoir zone featured
- Sweet Mountain - mountain of pastries
- 3D sections focus more on running from A to B, much like the daytime stages of Unleashed
- 2D sections feature more platforming
- DS version is much like Sonic Rush series, complete with a tension guage
- Tails is in the story mode, but not playable there
- story is simple, light, and goofy
- Knuckles and Shadow may also make an appearance
- Eggmanland returns as well
- a level with giant cheeseburgers, and you also bounce off of Jello

http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=125335

#5 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

"
- a level with giant cheeseburgers, and you also bounce off of Jello"

Hahaha, sweet! That level will be played all day every day, lol.

#6 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

My expectations will be kept to a minimum. That way if the game turns out good I'll be pleasently surprised and if it's crappy then I won't be disapointed.

I'm assuming , since this game is a Wii/DS exclusive that it's essentially the replacement for both the Storybook and Rush series , respectively.

#7 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

My expectations for this game are low as well, but what I think would be a smarter idea is if Sega kept this game in development until the Nintendo 3DS came out. Make it a launch title or something. :P

#8 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:46 AM

I have the expectations of a uwe boll movie out of this. Bad but fun to play for the $10 bargain bin.

#9 Nirvanaguy777

Nirvanaguy777

All Hope Will Someday Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Hope it doesn't suck like every sonic game since adventure 2.......eh heros was alright.
Posted Image
David Post
Currently Playing: Persona 4 and Starcraft 2.

#10 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

I don't have high expectations for this new Sonic title but we shall see how it turns out.
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#11 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

I refuse to get overly excited for a new sonic game for as long as the name "Dr. Eggman" is kept.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#12 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:07 AM

I dont think robotnik is coming back

#13 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

I refuse to get overly excited for a new sonic game for as long as the name "Dr. Eggman" is kept.

Haha I agree. Princess Toadstool -> Princess Peach was acceptable because Toadstool was just a weird name. But "Robotnik" is awesome.

#14 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

I was hoping for a blue Wii .

card.pngl1.gif

#15 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

While I have to admit that the Sonic Colors article in Nintendo Power piqued my curiousity, Sonic lost my respect a long time ago.