Photo
- - - - -

OXM w/Disc, PS Mag, PC Gamer, Nintendo Power 1 Year Sub $5 each at Amazon, Ends 6/5

• Please log in to reply
603 replies to this topic

#1 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

Amazon is having a sale this week until Saturday June 5th at 11:59 PM (PT). You can subscribe to all of these magazines for just $5 each for one year. It is also good for renewals. You just need to make sure you use the SAME exact address that is printed on your current mailing label and they will tack it on to your subscription. If you have the subscription through Amazon already, just visit your Magazine Account center and you can extend your subscription through there.

In the past when they've done these deals I've found if I wanted to add more than 1 year if I ordered early enough, once the order "shipped" after a day or so, I could re-order the magazine again and it would extend my subscription even more.

MODs please cagify the links to Cheapy gets credit, thanks!

:360: OXM
:ps3: Playstation Mag
:wii: Nintendo Power
:pc: PC Gamer

Edited by CheapyD, 30 May 2010 - 08:06 AM.
Calrify Ending Date In Thread Title and $5 each

#2 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

Renewed my subscriptions. Thanks OP. You should clarify that its $5 each subscription.

#3 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up, will pick up another year of each.

#4 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

it looks lik pc gamer is also $5 for a year

#5 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Renewed my subscriptions. Thanks OP. You should clarify that its $5 each subscription.

Good catch, I changed the thread title.

#6 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Renewed, thanks! I'm good until 2012 now.

FYI: anytime you post a link to an affiliate site on CAG it automatically changes to a referral affiliate link. You can easily verify it by clicking through the link you've made and looking at the URL it brings you to. Something like this is always added to the end: "ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20"

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Renewed, thanks! I'm good until 2012 now.

FYI: anytime you post a link to an affiliate site on CAG it automatically changes to a referral affiliate link. You can easily verify it by clicking through the link you've made and looking at the URL it brings you to. Something like this is always added to the end: "ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20"

Great that's good to know. Just wanted to make sure that Cheapy gets credit for the sales. :-)

#8 Moltres423

Moltres423

Not easy being meaty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

saw it reposted on slickdeals and renewed OXM. Thanks op!

#9 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

Going to have to get OXM. I need at least one video game magazine to have kicking around.

#10 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

* goes and checks his subscription subs, I know one is bound to be ending soon!

#11 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:05 AM

One year OXM w/ DVD for $5? I'm in.

#12 J7.

J7.

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

Recently got 2 years of PTOM for $10, will try to add a 3rd year with this and extend my XOM too! Thanks OP!

#13 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

question...if my oxm subscription (w/out disc) that i purchased somewhere else expires in like september, will this new 1 yr sub from amazon start off after my current one ends or will i get double issues for a couple months?

#14 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

In the past when they've done these deals I've found if I wanted to add more than 1 year if I ordered early enough, once the order "shipped" after a day or so, I could re-order the magazine again and it would extend my subscription even more.

Oh wow. I might need to do that.

Thanks OP!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#15 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

Out of curiosity, one-year auto renewal is also $5...does that mean each year it'd still be only $5?!

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#16 alamak

alamak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Nice find, thanks. I was bummed when they had the half price sale a couple days after I subscribed to OXM, but a $5 renewal makes up for it.

#17 io

io

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

Awesome - I subbed to all three about a year ago through Amazon and they all are just about to run out. I'm on my Amazon account all the time and never even noticed the Magazine subscription link - but there they all are, with $5 renewal options - thanks for pointing this out OP!

Though I'm not entirely sure it is worth it, even at $5. I don't think I read a single OXM or put a single disc from it in my 360. I did read the Playstation and Nintendo Power ones a bit, though.

#18 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

Great deal thanks for posting! Just used $10 credit and ordered OXM and PSM.

#19 MillionBlades

MillionBlades

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:24 AM

just ordered OXM & PSM THANKS CAGs :D

#20 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

Is there something in these mags that you can't get on the intertubes? I would have jumped on this in the past but I'm not sure now.

Nice find either way OP.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#21 yarkitty123

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

Awesome deal. I kind of had a difficult time making up my mind, but in the end I decided on getting a Nintendo Power 1-year sub mainly due to the fact that I just bought a Wii and a DS.

Thanks a lot, OP. Sadly, you just made my night. :lol:

#22 io

io

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

I originally got them for airplane reading but I didn't end up making as many work trips as I had in the past and I pretty much just brought my GameInformer for that. If it wasn't for airplane trips I'd almost never read these. I did show my kids the LBP 2 spread in one of them though (either GI or the Playstation one, I forget).

#23 mattrobertsjr

mattrobertsjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

is the playstation mag worth getting ?

#24 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Excelllent. And as usual, I highly recommend Nintendo Power. It was hugely overhauled some years back and it is a fine mag now.

So, when the OP says they wait a day, is that a day after the order is created, or literally a day after Amazon updates the order status as shipped? (Which I hope is during the sale period)
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#25 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

can anyone answer my question? i just wanna know before i order oxm

#26 yarkitty123

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

I'm seriously considering that OXM sub as well since I don't actually have a PS3, and I don't play many PC games. Plus, look at that cover price: $119.88. ROFLOL!

What a deal. I'm still kind of on the fence though since the only copy of OXM that I ever got came with a demo of Virtua Fighter 5 that only worked when it wanted to.

#27 candymaker789

candymaker789

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Can someone please confirm that the OXM subscription actually includes the DVD's? One of the apparent "helpful customer reviews" is the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger. Thanks. :)

#28 yarkitty123

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

Can someone please confirm that the OXM subscription actually includes the DVD's? One of the apparent "helpful customer reviews" is the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger. Thanks. :)

Like I said, I've only ever got 1 issue but it did come with one. Plus the description says "print+dvd" so I'm sure it's included.

#29 handsome_rakshas

handsome_rakshas

Judgment of the Sea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

Signed up for the PS mag, thanks OP!
Posted Image

#30 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:44 AM

Yes, the OXM subscription comes with the DVD. I've had this exact subscription through Amazon for over a year and each issue has come with a DVD.