New Wii $149.99 Best Buy ONLINE

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

I just noticed that the original SKU Wii seems to now be $149.99 @ Best Buy online:

http://www.bestbuy.c...203165702&h=387

You won't see the price until it's in the cart, but it's there.

Granted it wouldn't come w/ the Wii Motion+ & Wii Sports Resort, but for those that don't care or don't care that it isn't the newer black model, this is a pretty good deal on a brand new Wii.

Those of you shuffling around BB gift cards/credit may want to jump on this.

#2 Cheeseknight28

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

Interesting. Have Wiis ever been this cheap?

I wasn't expecting to see sub $200 until after E3.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now playing:
:360: AC:B | Oblivion | Metro 2033
:ds: Radiant Historia | Pokemon Black | The World Ends with You
:psp: Valkyrie Profile
Just finished:
:360: Brink :censored:

Backlog status: 95+ games

#3 J7.

J7.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Still too much! Not till it's $50 will I get it. Decent deal though.

#4 Hibiki Rush

Hibiki Rush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

Just picked one up, make it hotter with 10% Bing cashback (search for microwave). $150 out the door for a new Wii! But I will wait until after E3 to see how I feel about it, I bet there's a new model coming later this year...

#5 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

It was posted yesterday somewhere... It's not just online, but it's in store as well.
Posted Image

#6 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

Keep on trolling, trolly.

#7 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Not the black model? I'll pass.

#8 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

That's a great price.

Pair this with a Nyko Action Pak on clearance at your local Kmart for $19.99, add a couple of Nunchucks, and your good to go.

Of course as CheeseKnight28 said, if you can wait until after E3 we might see an official price drop--let's hope post E3 cheapness includes Wii Motion Plus.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#9 DJCHRISWAHL

DJCHRISWAHL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

nice price...I wouldn't expect the current bundle to hit $150 until Black Friday

#10 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

Nice price...Wii may have gotten alot of backlash in the last couple of years but when you got some friends or family over, nothing can top the Wii.

#11 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

It's fun to troll, but it's had some solid software as of late, I bought mine for Tri and got more than a few games along the way, haven't regretted it. Probably sunk the most time into it this year outside of the PC.

To the trolling dude above though, change your avatar, you cannot troll anything with a Heavy Rain avatar. You can't critique a diner while eating a handful of feces.

#12 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

nobody cares what your price point is.

seriously.

NOBODY.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#13 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

Seems like they're clearing out all the old stock that is without Wii Resort/Motion Plus. Motion plus is only $20 retail and I doubt anyone would lose sleep over the loss of Resort so it's a pretty solid deal.

And 10% BCB huh? Pretty much makes it tax-free...

#14 jumpercable

jumpercable

Inelastically Demand

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

seriously.

NOBODY.

I'm not going to buy it until it's ONE MILLION DOLLARS

#15 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

I'm not going to buy it until it's ONE MILLION DOLLARS

what's the Bing Cashback on that?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#16 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Amazon still offers the black wii, motion plus and wii sport resort included, and a $30 gift card. Free shipping and no tax for some.

#17 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until after E3 myself to decide what to do about the DS situation as well. I wanna know what kinda capabilities the 3DS will have as well as of course software lineup...which is most important. That combined w/ the Zelda Wii...& this E3 for Nintendo could be pretty damn awesome.

#18 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

Not the black model? I'll pass.

Got jungle fever? Once you go black you don't go back...

I must admit that I'm gonna wait to have enough credit or money saved up to get a Black Wii. I had a launch Wii & a PS3, but sold them because I was playing more PC games.

However w/ all of these awesome Wii game deals lately...and more kick ass first party Nintendo titles, I need to get another Wii.

#19 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Nice price...Wii may have gotten alot of backlash in the last couple of years but when you got some friends or family over, nothing can top the Wii.

I don't let other people touch my systems let alone even step in my room.

Still it's gotten much better exclusives than PS3 over the last 4 years, that platform might as well be dead. I'm just not interested in movies pretending to be video games & selling far more than ACTUAL GAMES like Yakuza & Demons' Souls, makes me sick.

Got jungle fever? Once you go black you don't go back..

Electronics look better when their black or gray. Following Apple & making them white was a disgusting move. Then again, they still need to get rid of the glossy crap as well & go back to matte but I guess making them black is good enough.

#20 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hey just wandering ...... What are the chances that a new Wii will be announced within 2-3 years ?

#21 Cheeseknight28

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hey just wandering ...... What are the chances that a new Wii will be announced within 2-3 years ?

Fairly high. I wouldn't expect it this E3 - 3DS is probably their big thing - but probably the next E3.

I would recommend getting a Wii anyway, especially since Mario Galaxy 2 just came out and it's FANTASTIC. I think I own more Wii games than 360 or PS3, not because I don't like the others, but because the Wii has more variety. You can't play games like Little King's Story or Trauma Center on 360/PS3.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now playing:
:360: AC:B | Oblivion | Metro 2033
:ds: Radiant Historia | Pokemon Black | The World Ends with You
:psp: Valkyrie Profile
Just finished:
:360: Brink :censored:

Backlog status: 95+ games

#22 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Fairly high. I wouldn't expect it this E3 - 3DS is probably their big thing - but probably the next E3.

I would recommend getting a Wii anyway, especially since Mario Galaxy 2 just came out and it's FANTASTIC. I think I own more Wii games than 360 or PS3, not because I don't like the others, but because the Wii has more variety. You can't play games like Little King's Story or Trauma Center on 360/PS3.

I agree...the Wii has tons of shovelware needless to say...however there are quite a few gems here & there. A lot of them can be had pretty cheap on Amazon.

#23 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Electronics look better when their black or gray. Following Apple & making them white was a disgusting move. Then again, they still need to get rid of the glossy crap as well & go back to matte but I guess making them black is good enough.

I agree...even the packaging for the black Wii is so damn sexy! :drool:

LOL

#24 JustinTheGamer

JustinTheGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

It's the "old" white Wii tho without Sports resort?

#25 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

I am assuming so.

#26 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

yeah, it is the older version without sports resort....the newer one with sports resort has a different item number and is showing up at $200

#27 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

high to definite.

#28 J7.

J7.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

Keep on trolling, trolly.

I said it was a decent deal for others, just not a deal for me personally. Plus I was being humorous about it, not trying to say Wii is bad in general. Calm yourself.

It's fun to troll, but it's had some solid software as of late, I bought mine for Tri and got more than a few games along the way, haven't regretted it. Probably sunk the most time into it this year outside of the PC.

To the trolling dude above though, change your avatar, you cannot troll anything with a Heavy Rain avatar. You can't critique a diner while eating a handful of feces.

You think Wii is a diner and Heavy Rain is feces... that's just plain fanboyism.

seriously.

NOBODY.

Whoa calm down there.

I don't let other people touch my systems let alone even step in my room.

Still it's gotten much better exclusives than PS3 over the last 4 years, that platform might as well be dead. I'm just not interested in movies pretending to be video games & selling far more than ACTUAL GAMES like Yakuza & Demons' Souls, makes me sick.

Now this is real trolling. Thinking Wii has much better exclusives, PS3 is dead as a platform, and that games like Heavy Rain aren't real video games makes me sick. So there you go.

#29 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

I said it was a decent deal for others, just not a deal for me personally. Plus I was being humorous about it, not trying to say Wii is bad in general. Calm yourself.

You think Wii is a diner and Heavy Rain is feces... that's just plain fanboyism.

Whoa calm down there.

Now this is real trolling. Thinking Wii has much better exclusives, PS3 is dead as a platform, and that games like Heavy Rain aren't real video games makes me sick. So there you go.

LOL... for me between the 2 systems it depends on what mood I'm in.

#30 J7.

J7.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:44 AM

I figure if I don't even have enough time to play all the games I have for the sytems I have I will just wait until I can get Wii cheap, that is what I meant. Tends to happen to me with one system each gen. Xbox last gen. Not saying Wii sucks. Wii has a number of great games worth getting the system for, just like almost every system.