Photo
- - - - -

Red Dead Redemption: Collector's/Promotional Items For Sale!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

I know there was an extensive thread before and after RDR's release on people looking for the limited run of RDR playing cards that were being given out at select retailers.

Obviously, Rockstar has another huge hit on its hands and I suspect is looking to make a few extra bucks. That being said, it looks like they are offering up all available promotional items plus a few collector's goodies for RDR via an official store.

Check it out here: http://rockstarwareh...drliedfrco.html

Notable Items:

Playing Cards & Dice - $10

http://ep.yimg.com/c...e_2108_15231127

DELUXE (not sure what the difference is) Playing Cards - $10

http://ep.yimg.com/c...e_2108_14720114

Dynamite Candle - $15
http://ep.yimg.com/c...e_2108_10871321

Edited by Z(+)DIAC, 31 May 2010 - 03:39 PM.
Added Photos

Posted Image

#2 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Too bad there is a minimum order amount, otherwise I would have ordered the $15 pack.

#3 Darol

Darol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Really cool. Didn't know they made any of this.

#4 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

Actually really cool stuff. And now, cue the "I'm never preordering again" comments :)

Posted Image

#5 erik_wolff

erik_wolff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

Anyone have any idea what the minimum order price is? I can't seem to find anything out on the site.

#6 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Very cool but shipping somewhat kills it, as it quickly rises to $30 for 2 packs of cards (granted on deluxe with hard case) and dice ... but still very tempting nonetheless.

#7 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

From the info section of the page:

Please note that a $1.50 handling charge will be added to the shipping costs and that there is a $20 minimum for all orders.

Ruahrc

#8 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

Wish I had extra money around, would of bought some of this stuff knowing that I love RDR. They want a shirt for 20 bucks with shipping and tax which almost comes out to be 28 dollars for NY. I'm not paying 28 dollars for a shirt, I've never spent 28 dollars on a shirt in my life lol.
Posted Image

#9 DragonSlayerX

DragonSlayerX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

I ordered the Collectors Edition Package #2 for $20 and it came out to $28 and change after shipping and tax. It's not too bad if you really want that stuff. I thought the dynamite looked cool so I ordered it. :)

#10 hendrickfan24

hendrickfan24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

$20 bucks just for some cards and small plastic items? lame

#11 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

Just keep in mind the cards, dice and shirts were being given out at launch events for free and soap is ... well soap. If people are going to order, I would say the real collectible stuff is the deluxe card set and possibly the candle, though I'm not sure how much value a candle can really gain.

#12 nddave

nddave

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

$20 bucks just for some cards and small plastic items? lame

What else you goona do with that 20 buy a value meal and gas
CAG4LIFE

#13 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

...so which retailer got this stuff??

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#14 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Best Buy and Walmart received the Playing Cards (for both midnight launches and in-store purchases).

I believe everything else, candle - t-shirts - soap - etc., was given away at select few Gamestops via Rockstar selection.
Posted Image

#15 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

Would have ordered the cards but the 20 dollar minimum order and shipping kills it.

Posted Image

#16 findthedeal24

findthedeal24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

You guys do realize there are tons of decks of the RDR playing cards for sale on eBay, right? Many have an opening bid of $1.

#17 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

I like the cards/dice thing looks badass

#18 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

Can't wait to take a bath with my Red Dead Redemption soap!

Posted Image

#19 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

You guys do realize there are tons of decks of the RDR playing cards for sale on eBay, right? Many have an opening bid of $1.

Aye, I'd check eBay if you're looking to snag a cheap pair of the standard playing cards.

I'd really like to know what makes the Deluxe version so "deluxe" besides the sleeve.

Honestly, this is a deal for those who love collecting gaming related items. I'd say with the shipping minimum, you'd be better off going with one of the collections.

I think both collections + shipping and tax was like $42 for me...
Posted Image

#20 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

I'd really like to know what makes the Deluxe version so "deluxe" besides the sleeve.

From the looks of it, it looks like it is the sleeve. Other than that, the cards in the pictures look identical.

#21 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Anyone want to pay this much? http://cgi.ebay.com/...49#ht_500wt_906

#22 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

I'm an idiot so I was going to buy some of this stuff, but thanks to rockstar having a minimum purchase (WTF, are you kidding?) I didn't order anything and saved money.
Posted Image

#23 Joodas

Joodas

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

These are actually pretty cool lookin cards.. a little flimsy, but the style is the same from the game. The difference between the 'deluxe' pack is basically just the way the box opens up, it seems to have a sleeve that slides out of the box instead of just a flip open lid.

I got these free from WalMart when my friend picked up Red Dead the other night, the kid gave him a pack and I asked for one and he just tossed an extra pack on the table. thnx WalMart guy.

Cool cards, but I'm still glad I pre-ordered becuz the golden guns are nice too.

"look at all the dirt on these pale hands, you're damn right I make love to my female fans"

#24 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Anybody know if the cards themselves are good quality? If they are high quality cards like a bicycle or something, I might be convinced to order. I like the artwork/styling on the cards. The $20 order minimum is a huge turnoff though.

BTW the deluxe cards' case says "clothbound" which you can kind of tell from the picture. I'm thinking like a hardbound book cloth type material.

Ruahrc

#25 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Anyone want to pay this much? http://cgi.ebay.com/...49#ht_500wt_906

Hahaha If I were the guy who bought that stuff then saw the Rockstar page I would be so pissed:bouncy:

I might get the Outlaws to the end Tee

#26 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

I really want the stick of dyno! It comes to almost $30 shipped to NY for me. I am so close to hitting the submit order button. Is the stick of dyno really nice prop to stick near my gaming area? If it looks tacky then i would pass. The cards are sweet but not just worth getting for that.

#27 Joodas

Joodas

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

Anybody know if the cards themselves are good quality? If they are high quality cards like a bicycle or something, I might be convinced to order. I like the artwork/styling on the cards. The $20 order minimum is a huge turnoff though.

BTW the deluxe cards' case says "clothbound" which you can kind of tell from the picture. I'm thinking like a hardbound book cloth type material.

Ruahrc

Actually they are fairly good quality, however a little bit flimsier than bicycle. They are worth a buy though if you like the artwork. I have used them a few times and they look awesome.

"look at all the dirt on these pale hands, you're damn right I make love to my female fans"

#28 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Minimum order is $20, lowest shipping option is roughly $9.50. I'd love to pick a few of those things up, but that's robbery. Fail.

#29 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

owest shipping option is roughly $9.50. I'd love to pick a few of those things up, but that's robbery.

Fail.

Mine was $6 for an order of both Collections...
Posted Image

#30 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:17 AM

I really like the playing cards....too bad about the minimum. I don't need 4 decks or $20 worth.