Import Your Game Collection from IGN to CAG

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Our import tool lets you import your game collection from other sites (currently, just IGN) without having to manually type in each game name. Just select the site where you have your collection, type in your username from that site (not your CAG username), and click "Import". There are a few things to note before going ahead with an import.
  • There's a limitation on the number of times you can do this operation. Make sure you double check your username before you click "Import".
  • If you've already got some of these games in your collection on CAG, you'll get duplicate entries. So, either empty your CAG collection before importing, or resolve any duplicates after the import.
  • By using this tool, you're agreeing that the data you're importing is your own.
Posted Image CAG Game Collection Import Tool

Edited by CheapyD, 02 June 2010 - 12:40 AM.

#2 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

Nice , I just added 296 games in like 3 clicks .

card.pngl1.gif

#3 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

Freaking awesome. I had put so much into putting games into my IGN list that I just gave up trying to start over on CAG.
Spoiler

#4 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:34 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! I really didn't wanna put that much time into adding 800+ games into a 2nd game collection site (ever since the ign collection tracker went to shit). This fucking rules!

#5 neifirst

neifirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:34 PM

This may already be in the works, but I'd love to import my Collectorz.com Game Collector collection into my CAG collection!
Posted Image

#6 SoulProphet

SoulProphet

Be "Mai" Guest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

now, all you need is another for the program, Game Collector, and i will be very happy.

I put all my work into the program, already amassed 300 or so games across 4 platforms so if you can incoporate that into this site that would be the best!

The site if you want to check out is: http://www.collectorz.com/game/

448696.pngKillzoneSig.jpg

#7 highwaypatrolman

highwaypatrolman

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

Once the import tool works for 1up.com I'll import my collection from there.

#8 raarar

raarar

With sexy results.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

Oh yes thank you since as stated the ign.com doesn't seem to work anymore.

Any ability in the future to have game recommends or something like that? that was the only reason that I used the IGN one. But I think I'm on here at lot more then there so it's time to move on.

#9 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

pretty cool, but i already have my CAG collection updated manually. some games are missing from my IGN account but i dont feel like double checking if duplicates pop up.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#10 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Cool.

Does it move wishlists as well?

Edited by Hostile, 02 June 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#11 escapekey

escapekey

I like the taste!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:04 AM

The timing is nice on this, since IGN has -- for some unknown reason -- made it nearly impossible to add things to lists.

A couple of questions before I do this:
- Does it import all of your comments as well?
- Can it (or will it) do DVD collections too?
8 Bit Horse has way too much information about 2D games
See for yourself at http://www.8bithorse.com

#12 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:05 AM

Totally badass, Cheapy. This is pretty much a godsend for those of us disgruntled IGN users who couldn't be bothered with migrating our meager collections of over 1K games. :P

fs_overall.png

#13 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:44 AM

awesome..just what i needed..thanks

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png
Also Playing: :wiiu: Mario Kart 8, :wiiu: Sonic Lost World 

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: ALBW

#14 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

I always meant to do this, but would have probably never gotten around to reentering 900+ games manually. Thanks Cheapy.

#15 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

The timing is nice on this, since IGN has -- for some unknown reason -- made it nearly impossible to add things to lists.

A couple of questions before I do this:
- Does it import all of your comments as well?
- Can it (or will it) do DVD collections too?

Unfortunately it doesn't do comments and it won't do DVDs either, sorry. :(

#16 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

Thank you!

IGN has dropped the ball, and their collection system hasn't worked right for weeks. But, I didn't want to manually move everything I had.

#17 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:15 AM

sweet deal cheapy!

default.png2.png

#18 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

How do we report a misspelling of a game in the database?

I'm trying to import Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. One of the recommendations is technically the correct game, but, is spelled: Tenchu: Stealth Assasins.

#19 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

I fixed the misspelling...thanks

#20 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

yea, i gave up on them when i couldn't add anything anymore. it boggles the mind why they broke their own collection system. if CAG can import from Gamespot, that would be good too.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#21 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:57 AM

Thanks Cheapy, been waiting for this to add my collection here. Import of ~800 games in progress.

#22 HatchbackMustang

HatchbackMustang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

Man, I have been here forever, but I have my entire collection at Gamespot; same as LiK and have not wanted to import it anywhere else because I have like 1000+ games.

#23 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:25 AM

I REALLY need to get my CAG collection setup :-(

#24 DuelLadyS

DuelLadyS

Basch Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:39 AM

This is awesome- like many others here, I've been very annoyed with IGN screwing up their collection setup (way too much effort to workaround to get games in the collection now.) I've only been dealing with it for not wanting to manually move everything over. With this, I'm quite happy to give the CAG collection setup version a try. ;)

#25 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

I can add more sites to import from - feel free to post a link to your collection here and I'll try and get it added to the system. (It needs to be an public URL accessible as a guest)

#26 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

Gosh, I wish I had the time to catalog everything, but wanted to give a shout out to Tai!
[cp][/cp]

#27 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:09 AM

Since the collection system was implemented (or any site's collection system for that matter), I have been wanting something like this!

Ill be crossing my fingers for when GameSpot's one is done since I used to frequent there for a long time, and it's my only up-to-date list.

Now, if we could check our collections and wishlists in the CAG app (instead of it being just for deals since Amazon is being a douche), that'd be kinda cool on the go to have access too.
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#28 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Is there a delete all?

#29 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:22 AM

I don't even use IGN or any of those sites but I gotta say that this is damn impressive. IGN is probably the biggest, right?

Picture is also very cute.

#30 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:30 AM

Looks like it transferred 657 out of the 842 in my ign collection, so it has some kinks to work out, but hey, it's a hell of a lot better than doing all those manually! Thanks Super-Programmer John!