Cannot change avatar

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

So, I've been trying to change my avatar tonight, but I keep running into some issues.

No matter where the file is on my computer, I keep getting "Upload of file failed" as a result after hitting save changes. Tried the picture as jpeg, gif, and png.

Also, I have tried to upload from image hosters photobucket and imageshack. Trying to upload from these results in an "Invalid file" error.

The picture is 101x101, 15.3kb. So, I'm out of ideas. Anyone able to assist with this?

#2 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

Can you link me to the avatar hosted on imageshack? I'll see if I can find anything wrong with it.

#3 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

I can link you to it after I get home from work tonight. Image hosting sites are blocked here unfortunately (and I forgot to email myself the direct links last night.)

#4 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

Well, I decided to give uploading straight from my computer another shot, and it worked tonight for some reason. I'll chalk it up to you fixing something John. Nice!

#5 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

I'm in the very same boat. I have been attempting to upload an avvy from my pc (101x92 and 16kb) and keep receiving the same error...not sure what gives.

Edit: I also can't seem to upload one by way of a image hosting site link either...

Can anyone help me?

Here's the image in question:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Jut

Jut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:08 AM

I'm getting the same problem while trying to add. Posted Image

#7 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:10 AM

It took me a day for my avatar to take. Must be something with server settings?
Posted Image

#8 dye878

dye878

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:18 AM

Where do you upload a avatar.