• Please log in to reply
1422 replies to this topic

#1 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

Hey -- you know Microsoft's Project Natal? Well we've just gotten an up close look at what appears to be the retail version (though it's clearly marked a developer unit). We couldn't storm the stage while Walt and Kara (and her son!) were showing it off, but no one seemed to mind that we took a load of these shots for your perusal. Check out gallery below for more pics!

http://www.engadget....revealed-at-d8/

Looks slightly smaller, which is good. Feel free to post any new info you find on Natal here as we near the E3 official name and reveal as well as the release date.

Edited by LinkinPrime, 20 July 2010 - 04:04 PM.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#2 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Nice

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#3 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

This has me worried:

Eager to experience Project Natal for yourself? Xbox 360 has teamed up with Justin Bieber to bring all the fun of Project Natal to the singing sensation's "my World" tour. Just look for the Project Natal kiosks when you're at Justin's show and enjoy your sneak peek at the future of gaming!

I understand them trying to appeal to the female tweens but, what a way to make a statement.

You should see the thousands of comments on XBOX's Facebook page in response to this...pretty funny.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#4 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

it's going to be a gateway for shovelware. Just wait for Ubisoft to get ahold of it.. Imagine series to 360.. ugh

#5 AceSXE

AceSXE

They Hate Logic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

Yes, I fear for the future of the 360.
Posted Image

#6 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

If I were remotely interested in this (which I'm not) I'd be worried about the type of room you'll need to use it effectively. Not everyone has a large open area in front of their tv in which to flail about.

33126.png

#7 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:36 AM

I fear for the future of gaming.

Though I do see a renaissance in PC gaming when all the console makers start catering to casual stuff like this.

#8 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

I find responses like that to be pretty ironic, seeing how an intelligent person could argue that Hardcore gamers and catering to them is what's ultimately hurting the industry.

#9 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

So it's official...

Kinect Pricing: Existing Xbox 360 owners can purchase Kinect and Kinect Adventures for $149.99 (U.S. ERP). Remember, Kinect will work with every Xbox 360 every sold.

Kinect Holiday Bundle: Available later this year will, the bundle will contain: Xbox 360 4GB console, the Kinect sensor and Kinect Adventures packaged together for $299.99 (U.S. ERP).

http://feedproxy.goo...day-bundle.aspx

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#10 C.A. Fuzzy Nutz

C.A. Fuzzy Nutz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

I totally think that Microsoft screwed themselves with this price point. Since E3 everyone has been stating that $149 is just to much for this thing and that $99 was the sweet spot for people that actually BUY games and would use this thing. So what do they do...they go with the price point that their focus groups said they would pay rather then listening to the majority audience..Hell at $149 you can almost get a Wii to plug into your tv and not use...
They should have taken the loss on the product to get them into homes and make up for the loss with quality games that everyone would want...they must have forgotten the razor/razor blade scenario now that J Allard and his shiny head are gone...
BIG MISTAKE MICROSOFT...way to drop the f'ing ball again...wonder if this will be going the way of the KIN...

#11 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Yup...I don't see how they can make it at this price point, but it will be interesting to see.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#12 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Here is an updated story and picture of the bundle

Posted Image

Link

Edited by L0sther0, 20 July 2010 - 04:55 PM.
added picture

Posted Image

#13 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

I fear for the future of gaming.

Though I do see a renaissance in PC gaming when all the console makers start catering to casual stuff like this.

I don't think there's cause for that--and I LOATHE motion controls and casual games.

There's plenty of room in the market for both traditional games and motion games/casual games.

It's not like the development teams making Gears of War, Halo, Fallout 3, Fable, Mass Effect etc. etc. are suddenly going to shift to making dance games and Wii Sports knockoffs.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#14 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

$99 bundle seems like a much better price, but I assume they expect it to sell out at $150.

It's really up to their marketing and word of mouth. It casuals love it, the $300 bundle will do great. Dance Central definitely has the potential to be a hit.

#15 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

Were paying £130 here in the UK! Isn't that close to $200 at the moment? Either way, it's far too expensive, if I had to choose between this or Move, I'd pick Playstation Move.
Posted Image
Give me an internet please!

Follow me on Twitter! | Be my friend on Last.FM!

Feel free to add me on XBL and PSN!

#16 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

Cheap is <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

"Xbox 360 4GB console"...4GB? At first I thought it was a typo but indeed it appears to be 4GB as I checked several sources and all I can say is, LOL although it wasn't too long ago that 512MB memory cards were the only thing available for the 360 as far as portable storage went...

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

#17 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

It casuals love it, the $300 bundle will do great. Dance Central definitely has the potential to be a hit.

Yep, and the real keys on that front are:

1. Will casuals who already own a Wii (and not a 360) shell out $300 for the bundle to play more motion control games?

2. Will casuals who never bought a Wii be drawn to the 360+Kinect?

3. Will 360 owners with some interest in motion controls/casual games buy the Kinect at $150. A poll I posted back around E3 showed that 360 owners here with a Wii had some interest, but those without a Wii did not.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#18 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

I don't think there's cause for that--and I LOATHE motion controls and casual games.

There's plenty of room in the market for both traditional games and motion games/casual games.

It's not like the development teams making Gears of War, Halo, Fallout 3, Fable, Mass Effect etc. etc. are suddenly going to shift to making dance games and Wii Sports knockoffs.

They will if there is more money in the casual market.

This is just has epic fail written all over it. OVerpriced, and M$ failed to show Kinect being a revolution instead of just a kiddie game gadget.

#19 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

They will if there is more money in the casual market.

Well you have to keep in mind that developers like to make games they enjoy. So the teams for the games I listed (or any traditional games) are unlikely to want to make casual games, nor do they have expertise in those type of games.

Thus if there's money in them, you'd see publishers hiring new development teams to make such games. Not pulling talent from top franchises that are making them millions of dollars.

That said, my only worry is that if it is somehow a success (and maybe even if it's not) then we'll see the next version of Kinect packed in with all next-gen MS consoles. And then we may have our experience impacted as motion controls get shoehorned into traditional games as they have on the Wii. Though that's a bit less likely/trickier to with something like Kinect vs. the Wii motei/Nunchuck controller combo.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#20 murph17

murph17

Rock Band addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

$150? What a surprise!! I never saw that coming! ;)

At least they were smart enough to include a game with it.

And the $300 Kinect bundle wouldn't be a bad upgrade option - EXCEPT it won't be compatible with the old HDD's. so you have to wait for the $400 Kinect "Elite" bundle to be announced with a bigger HDD.

hopefully some enterprising individuals will manufacture some HDD conversion kits.

#21 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Were paying £130 here in the UK! Isn't that close to $200 at the moment? Either way, it's far too expensive, if I had to choose between this or Move, I'd pick Playstation Move.

I know that this discussion has played out before but for two people to play move it could cost 200 to 300.

In the end both products for 2 people to play is about the same
Posted Image

#22 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

So if it was priced at 99.99 without a game would everyone be ok?

Also, remember when MS said all their games would be 49.99? We know how that turned out.

#23 n11n12

n11n12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

Wow, I thought it would be mathematically impossible for me to care less about Kinect.

I stand corrected.
"You are so much trash that you're trash out of the garbage trash and it smells like so much poo..."

#24 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

Looks like this might be the Vision Cam 2.0, soon to be found on clearance isles in 2011.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#25 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

While I would have preferred a white Xbox S, I like the option of getting a matte finish one by going the 4GB route. I am running low on HD space on my 60GB HDD right now but rather than upgrading the drive I think I will just make do and then one day upgrade to a slim 360, possibly the 4GB matte model and buy a 250(+)GB HD for it.

#26 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

but isn't a wii almost the same price?

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#27 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

How many of you people that are complaining about the price paid $150+ for one game with a bunch of fake musical instruments?

#28 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Not I. I got Guitar Hero 2 and 3 dirt cheap a year+ after they came out, and just played Rock Band 1 & 2 (got the game only versions from Goozex) with those guitars. :D

But I'm happy about the price. Higher the better since I hate motion controls and don't want them to become the norm. :D

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#29 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Like I said in threads before, I knew they would package a title with it. I still need a second game in order for me to get one (first game would be Dance Central).

#30 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

but isn't a wii almost the same price?

Yeah, but this will make you look 10x more idiotic. What a deal!

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist