Photo
- - - - -

Knights in the Nightmare - November 9 - $29.99 - Now Includes Iggdra Union At Launch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

In a quick email from Atlus, Knights in the Nightmare for the PSP was a part of a few reveals that they just made before E3.

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today revealed that the critically acclaimed Knights in the Nightmare™, a groundbreaking tour de force of bullet-hell action and strategy roleplaying, is set to release for PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system in North America on October 19, 2010. Hailed as a "once-in-a-lifetime experience**," Knights mixes frantic, energetic action with thought-provoking tactical gameplay, all within a beautifully-rendered fantasy setting presented through a captivating, emotional narrative.

"We're proud to bring one of the most unique roleplaying experiences in recent memory to PSP system this fall," commented Aram Jabbari, Manager of Public Relations and Sales. "The many improvements this new version brings aside, Knights in the Nightmare, at its core, is one of those must-play gaming experiences, combining sumptuous 2D art and animations, a moving story, and some of the most novel combat mechanics ever into an irresistible portable package."

Enhanced to take full advantage of the power of PSP system, this new version of the game features remastered visuals and sounds, optimized controls, and a new opening movie from visionary director Yukio Takatsu (Persona 3, Persona 4, Yggdra Union). Originally, players could choose from two different characters with two unique perspectives on events. This new release adds a third character, Princess Yggdra, offering even more replay value and shedding more light on the game's enchanting narrative. Moreover, this release further expands on what was already one of the deepest, most substantial tutorials of all-time, giving players introductory missions filled with instructions and tips, making the game's learning curve easier than ever. Dripping with style and originality, Knights in the Nightmare delivers an unforgettable experience.

Knights in the Nightmare is scheduled for release on October 19, 2010 in stores and via PlayStation®Network with an MSRP of $29.99. For more information, visit the official website: http://www.atlus.com/kitnpsp.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 15 June 2010 - 09:19 PM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the post. I am curious how this will translate since the stylus was pretty integral to the DS version.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#3 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

I think this type of game is better suited for DS. I'm pretty sure they're going to map the movement to d pad. The hot keys like faster inventory will be on face buttons similar to Puzzle Quest or Chinatown Wars. I bet most people are going to be turn off by long tutorial in game, which last about 1-2 hours. If people are willing to learn and want a unique gaming experience, they will enjoy this game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Updated the OP with the announcement details.

#5 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

I don't think I'm going to replay this game just to play as Yggdra. Even if they add her point of view, I doubt it will add much to the game. I remember adding gba cart of Yggdra Union to get Pamela. I hope they fix some game mechanics for this game. There are some flaws in this game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hell yeah at the starting price.

#7 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

They're obviously catering to the bad economy by setting it at a $30 price point and giving us yet another port.

Not that I mind... I never played it on the DS.
Posted Image

#8 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

New trailer for this game. I should be getting a chance to see the game in action at some point later in the month to see how it works on the PSP.

ATLUS RELEASES FULL VIDEO TRAILER FOR KNIGHTS IN THE NIGHTMARE™ FOR PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) SYSTEM;
PORTABLE BULLET-HELL HEAVEN ARRIVES OCTOBER 19th

Because watching someone else play will make you want the game more.

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA -- AUGUST 11, 2010 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today released the full video trailer for their upcoming groundbreaking tour de force of bullet-hell action and strategy roleplaying, Knights in the Nightmare™ for PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system.

"Knights in the Nightmare is the ultimate gamer's game," commented Aram Jabbari, Manager of Public Relations and Sales at Atlus. "It blends fast-paced arcade-style action with deep, rewarding strategy. It offers a dark, emotional story from multiple perspectives, and it's loaded with replay value and secrets to discover; this video trailer only scratches at the surface of all that. While it may not give someone completely unfamiliar with the game a perfect idea of how the game plays--only playing will accomplish that, it gives folks their best look yet at the enhanced widescreen visuals, the beautiful art and music, and a good feel for the game's distinct pace and flow. Also, if you don't watch this trailer, a puppy somewhere will be really, really sad," he added wistfully.

Enhanced to take full advantage of the power of PSP system, this new version of Knights in the Nightmare features remastered visuals and sounds, optimized controls, and a new opening movie from visionary director Yukio Takatsu (Persona 3, Persona 4, Yggdra Union). Originally, players could choose from two different characters with two unique perspectives on events. This new release adds a third character, Princess Yggdra, offering even more replay value and shedding more light on the game's haunting narrative. Moreover, this release further expands on what was already one of the deepest, most substantial tutorials in recent memory, giving players introductory missions filled with instructions and tips, making the game's learning curve easier than ever. Dripping with style and originality, Knights in the Nightmare delivers an unforgettable experience.

Knights in the Nightmare is scheduled for release in stores on via PlayStation®Network on October 19, 2010 with an MSRP of $29.99.

#9 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

This has been pushed back a few weeks, though Atlus is including Yggdra Union with each launch copy to make up for it.

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today gave fans double the reason to be excited about Knights in the Nightmare™ for PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system, because each and every launch copy, including PlayStation® Network purchases for a limited time while supplies last, will include a digital copy of Yggdra Union™ at no additional cost. The upcoming tour de force of bullet-hell action and strategy roleplaying game is now slated to release slightly later, on November 9, 2010.

"One of the features exclusive to the upcoming PSP system release of Knights in the Nightmare is the ability to play as Princess Yggdra. How appropriate then that everyone who picks the game up at launch will receive a free copy of Yggdra Union. It's the perfect bonus at no extra cost," said Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales. "Fans won't want to miss out on this tremendous value, essentially getting two captivating, innovative RPG experiences for the price of one."

Yggdra Union was originally released for Game Boy Advance to warm praise, and then beautifully remade for PSP system in 2008, loaded with enhancements. GamePro called it "...a rare gem that manages to stay interesting after hours and hours of playtime," scoring it 5/5 on their review. In addition to adding more replay value with Princess Yggdra as a third character, this new release of Knights in the Nightmare is enhanced to take full advantage of the power of PSP system, featuring remastered visuals and sounds, optimized controls, and a new opening movie from visionary director Yukio Takatsu (Persona 3, Persona 4, Yggdra Union).

Knights in the Nightmare is now scheduled for release in stores and via PlayStation Network on November 9, 2010 with an MSRP of $29.99. Each launch copy (including PSN purchases for a limited time while supplies last) will include a free digital copy of Yggdra Union. To guarantee your free copy of Yggdra Union, pre-order Knights in the Nightmare today! For more information, visit the official website www.atlus.com/knightspsp.

#10 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

I have had mine preordered since August. =]