Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#1 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Boom. I'll edit in more info as I dig around the net/boards

NEW XBOX S 250GB. "OUT NOW" $299.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

• 250 GB Removable Internal HDD (Transfer cable sold @ $19.99, Older cables work.)
  • 5 USB Ports (3 rear, 2 front)| 1 Kinect Port| 1 TOSLink
  • Kensington Lockable | New Touch sensitive eject/power Buttons
  • Wifi N adapter built in
  • Slighly Smaller Size (See Spec sheet)
  • Old Memory Cards and external HDD won't work w/ this one
  • Same price - $299
  • "Old" design price drop this week. Arcade=$150|Elite=$250
  • Going out to retailers today
  • Yes it can lie flat!
  • Composite Cable only in box
  • 1 Year Warranty Only
Posted Image
*** Please note: MS says it will display a red light in the ring of light if there is an error

According to MS via Kotaku
$199 version coming soon
Xbox S & Natal Bundles
coming soon

Unboxing video

http://www.gametrail...yer/101404.html
FAQ FROM MS:
Here are answers to some of the question’s we’re getting:
Spoiler

ESPN announced for GOLD members at no additional cost

• works with Kinect
  • Kinect = polls, trivia, voice commands/gesture controls
  • "No additional cost" to GOLD Members
  • 3,500 live and on-demand global sports events on ESPN3.com
  • Xbox LIVE Gold members must have an ESPN3 affiliated broadband provider
  • No launch date
  • No words on exclusions

PROJECT NATAL = KINECT

http://www.usatoday....game14_ST_N.htm

Kinect out in the US November 4th.

Here are some games demoed/mentioned/revealed and a bit of info

Kinectimals - You can adopt 40 of your favorite animals and can play with them in over 30 unique activities. Animals so far: a lion, cheetah and tiger. (Launch Title)
Kinect Joyride - the kart race w/ avatars retooled (Launch Title)
Kinect Sports - six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. Read Wii-Sports Resort (Launch Title)
Kinect Adventures - the river-raft game, various different games for all skills and ages. Playable by up to four players. Pictures taken of you looking goofy. 20 unique Kinect adventures (Launch Title)
Dance Central by MTV Games/Harmonix - a dance game/trainer. Will have DLC song support (Launch Title)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved "personal trainer" (Launch Title)
Zomba Party (Launch Title)
Game Party In Motion (Launch Title)
Motion Sports - Ubisoft Sports Mini-Games(Launch Title)
The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout
(Launch Title)
Adrenalin Misfits(Launch Title)
Deca Sports Collection(Launch Title)
Dance Masters(Launch Title)
Sonic Free Riders (Launch Title)
EA Sports Active 2.0 - "personal trainer" out 11/16 (Launch Title)
Star Wars licensed game in 2011
Disney licensed game
Forza - demoed using Kinect

Also

Video Chat demoed using Kinect. Works w/ MSN messenger
Voice and Gesture Commands demoed using Kinect.
Requires 175 MB Free Space

Posted Image

Official Images:

http://www.1up.com/media?id=3820478

Posted Image

OTHER NEWS

Netflix search. Just type what you’re looking for, immediately search from thousands of titles you can watch instantly, and update your Queue, all right over Xbox LIVE
Summer of Arcade back in July. “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft)

Edited by reddjoey, 19 June 2010 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Nice! I've been holding off upgrading my 20GB HD for this very reason. Will gladly pick this bad boy up. I have no doubt it will have a big HD and WiFi. Time to kill the PS3 for good.

#3 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

very sleek looking

axlrose4183.png

#4 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:09 AM

If that's the new one with a 250GB HDD, then I'm guessing that it is internal. I wonder if it will be a standard 2.5 inch drive that's easily upgradeable like it is for the PS3.

Looks nice, assuming it's real.
Posted Image

#5 rocky435

rocky435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

The outer shell looks ugly. I'm sorry, but i was expecting more from Microsoft. I know the look doesn't matter in some respects since games are important.

Hopefully it's smaller. It looks about the same. The part is Microsoft's engineers put vents on the sides. Which is good since it will hopefully vent heat better. I guess on monday it we will find out. :roll:

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

By the looks of it, it's going to mainly be a stand-up console. The things at the bottom kinda give it away.

Looks ugly and not all that slim. Combined with "Kinect", I'd say they've started E3 with a double whammy of suck.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:58 AM

Hopefully it's smaller. It looks about the same. The part is Microsoft's engineers put vents on the sides. Which is good since it will hopefully vent heat better. I guess on monday it we will find out.

Well, given how this uses more of a desktop CPU cooler with fan directly above heatsink unlike the current two fans sucking at the rear, having holes above that fan was simply a requirement. It wasn't adding more holes/ventilation for the hell of it, it was born out of necessity since there likely won't be that crazy exhaust system. So don't singing MS praises too fast there!
End of line.

#8 ninjaxams

ninjaxams

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

if its as unreliable as the earlier models then who the Fuck cares. i'll buy it in a heartbeat if its well made but only time will tell...

#9 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

It'll probably be as reliable as the current 360 model. Maybe a tiny bit better, but not much.

Also, some people on NeoGaf are saying Kinect is $190 for some reason. But I'm not reading anywhere that says it is.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#10 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

The flash file does load somewhat slowly, so here's a GIF of the ad from GAF:
Posted Image

As for the Slim, it would probably be best for me to withhold any comments until tomorrow, when we presumably will see the actual unit and know its true size and shape.

#11 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:12 AM

You know, I just noticed that the disc drive slot is similar to PS3's/Wii's. I smell trouble.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#12 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

I hope the built-in Wifi works better than the add-on Wifi adapter, and that it still has an ethernet port just in case.

#13 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

It's probably a cheaper version of the internals on the adapter.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#14 5of9

5of9

Resistance is Futile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

Nice! I've been holding off upgrading my 20GB HD for this very reason. Will gladly pick this bad boy up. I have no doubt it will have a big HD and WiFi. Time to kill the PS3 for good.

same here. I'll be looking for a Black friday deal for sure.

Posted Image

#15 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:25 AM

In Kinect Sports Soccer, you're supposed to play the game by "kicking" the ball.

So does that mean I need to move my coffee table every time I want to play this game?

Although, come to think of it, Ricochet has the same "furniture placement" problem.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#16 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

Why would having a drive slot like the Wii be bad? Are there problems with it? Ours has worked fine.

#17 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

First thing that came to mind about Kinect? Kinect the dots LALALA

ach.png

#18 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

Wait, Microsoft can't even properly cool the 360 they have now, but they want to make it smaller?

#19 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

awesome... lets see tomorrow for more details. hopefully thats -n wifi built in

glad i didnt buy a new system earlier in the year

1080i is for douchebags

#20 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

You know, I just noticed that the disc drive slot is similar to PS3's/Wii's. I smell trouble.

The Fuck you talking about? It looks like the current 360.

#21 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

Kill the PS3? i don't think so. its all about the games and not some stupid redesign. the only reason the redesign for the ps3 worked so well because it was followed by a huge price drop. the xbox needs to have a price drop to see any significant sales increase. redesigns doesn't necessarily translate to sales. see the pspgo for that.

while ill buy my multi platform games with only on the xbox because of live, the ps3 has more and better exclusives.

#22 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:55 AM

Kill the PS3? i don't think so. its all about the games and not some stupid redesign. the only reason the redesign for the ps3 worked so well because it was followed by a huge price drop. the xbox needs to have a price drop to see any significant sales increase. redesigns doesn't necessarily translate to sales. see the pspgo for that.

while ill buy my multi platform games with only on the xbox because of live, the ps3 has more and better exclusives.

The PSP Go! removed the UMD slot and essentially cut off 80% of PSP Games to be playable. You were forced to pay the same price - if not more - for a digital version. That is the worst comparison I have ever read. :roll:

#23 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Posted Image
Allegedly a pic with the power supply (From GAF).

#24 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

The PSP Go! removed the UMD slot and essentially cut off 80% of PSP Games to be playable. You were forced to pay the same price - if not more - for a digital version. That is the worst comparison I have ever read. :roll:

ok then the dsi or the ds xl. the ds didnt see any significant sales increase from those that carried over after the first month. while the ds lite did but that was a smaller size for something you carried around. the xbox doesn't have the luxury.

prices drops drive sales, not some stupid redesign.

#25 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

I'll add to the first post.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#26 iRent

iRent

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

Posted Image

Power supply looks like it was resized in photoshop.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#27 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

Looks like an ugly low end boutique pc from 5 years ago.

Edit: Now that I look at it more it looks fake. Too bad to be real.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:39 AM

Power supply looks like it was resized in photoshop.

Hence the term used: Allegedly. There's still no confirmation that this specific pic is real, and it looks like it could be easily photoshopped. The best advice for the OP would be to wait before adding it to the OP, until there is some confirmation.

#29 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:40 AM

That design is bizarre if it's real. I'm eager to hear more, though. Bigger hard drive + better heating and less noise is all I'm really looking for. I've had my vacuum sounding 60 GB 360 for too long now.

Edit: Judging by those Kinect games, it looks like I can safely continue to not give a shit about it.

#30 xmbri

xmbri

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

Geezus. It sounds like everyone who is fickle was waiting for the news coming from Microsoft. It seems like everything they rename something, everyone is ready to pounce on the name of it. Either you will buy it or won't.
As far as the design of a Xbox 360 slim, as long as it runs cooler with no RROD's, I don't care. It seems like the size queens came out today. And certainly not after the aesthetically pleasing products either.
To each their own, I guess. Gamers are just never a happy bunch.
At least the current generation is continuing and they are not shoving another console down your throat. I am happy with the current one and not only that, they are all doing the right thing by expanding on the current systems and appealing to all gamers, not just the ones who are vocal and critical.