E3 2010 Trailer:

Platform: Wii™
Launch Date: October 17, 2010
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: 2-D Platformer
Players: 1-2
Developer: Good-Feel

General Information:

Kirby’s first console platform game since the Nintendo 64™ days introduces an amazing new look based on animated yarn and a world of cloth and textiles. The creative approach is woven directly into the game play and allows the ever-morphing Kirby™ to take on a variety of new forms. It’s a one-of-a-kind platformer that lets players explore high and low for hidden objects and fun adventure

FEATURES:

• The look of the world is stunning, but it’s also interactive. Pulling on stray threads might reveal hidden areas. When Kirby literally goes behind the scenes, the virtual fabric warps and bends to show his location.

• Thanks to his versatile yarn composition, Kirby can take on a variety of forms both in his common actions and when he transforms into powerful vehicles. When Kirby dashes, he zips around as a car. In water, he turns into a submarine. At times he can even transform into a massive robotic tank, a UFO and other vehicles.

• Two players can play through the entire game together*.

• Gems and collectible items are scattered throughout the environments for players to find.

Reviews:

A- from 1up.com

http://www.1up.com/d...age?cId=3181897

8.4/10 from GameTrailers.com

http://www.gametrail...bys-epic/706189

9/10 from IGN.com

http://wii.ign.com/a.../1128257p1.html

9.5/10 from GameInformer.com

http://gameinformer....-can-enjoy.aspx

8.5/10 from GameSpot.com

http://www.gamespot....arn/review.html

5/5 from Giantbomb.com

http://www.giantbomb...-31730/reviews/

Edited by ananag112, 20 October 2010 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

#2 iRent

iRent

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Looks like fun. I'll definitely at least rent it. Lots of side scrolling from nintendo this year.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#3 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

Wtf.

#4 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

I wasn't expecting much when I saw the first couple seconds, but it looks enjoyable. The music tracks sounds VERY familiar though and can't place it.

card.png

#5 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

Inb4 someone says, "Moar like Kirby's Epic YAWN"

But, I'm interested in this title. Time to watch the trailer posted in the first post now.

Edit: Wow, that's impressive. Reminds me of Paper Mario, except with Kirby and yarn. Definitely looks awesome and unique.

#6 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

I'm interested in it, but I wonder if it'll be long enough to justify a full price purchase?

Also, it looks like they took away a couple staples of most Kirby games: flying and copying abilities.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#7 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

Looks really cool. Guess who snuck into the end of this hands-on video...

http://gamevideos.1u.../video/id/29997
\\:D/

#8 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

Paper Mario, Toon Link, and now Yarn Kirby.

#9 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Not really interested in Epic Yarn. I agree with the above poster that it looks like Paper Mario, in terms of visuals. Never been a big Kirby fan, and I too was surprised to see that copying abilities seems to have vanished.

#10 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:14 AM

It looks more like Yoshi's Story from the N64. I also think this game is absolutely beautiful, and I'm simply glad to see another 2D game coming out. Not going to proclaim it as an Earth shattering game - just a fun one. I mean c'mon man - unzipping/crumpling the landscape? That's awesome.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#11 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

I mean c'mon man - unzipping/crumpling the landscape? That's awesome.

Yeah, I thought that was really creative.

#12 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:17 AM

Little Big Kirby? Kirby's Big Planet?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#13 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:40 AM

I think this game looks incredible. The creativity on display is off the charts and the game play looks fantastic too. A preview commentary, if you can call it that, I think at gamespot.com but don't quote me, was very positive on it after having played it on the floor. Said they couldn't wait to play more of it. I can't wait for it!

Crunchewy.png

#14 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:58 AM

What the Fuck? This is not Kirby. Why can't you suck enemies up and swallow them and gain their powers? That is Kirby, not this tripe.

#15 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

What the Fuck? This is not Kirby. Why can't you suck enemies up and swallow them and gain their powers? That is Kirby, not this tripe.

Kirby didn't have that ability when he began on the GB. He didn't have it in Kirby's Pinball Land. Or Kirby's Dream Course. Or in Canvas Curse. Probably a few more of his titles don't have this ability (someone else would have to say). You can hate on the game of course but if that is your only reason, it's kinda weak.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#16 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:08 AM

I think this is the second Kirby game that I've been legitimately interested in (the other being Kirby Canvas Curse). Really looking forward to hearing more!

#17 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:19 AM

Kirby didn't have that ability when he began on the GB. He didn't have it in Kirby's Pinball Land. Or Kirby's Dream Course. Or in Canvas Curse. Probably a few more of his titles don't have this ability (someone else would have to say). You can hate on the game of course but if that is your only reason, it's kinda weak.

Really? I did only play 2 Kirby's on GB (plus pinball but obviously it didn't have that feature), so I was going off that. That's not my only gripe, just one of them. It still doesn't interest me though.

#18 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:28 AM

That's fine. I'm just saying people on the other side of the spectrum are calling it a rehash. In the world of gaming, this is about as common a no-win scenario as there is when it comes to trying to please people.

Posted Image

#19 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:48 AM

It looks more like Yoshi's Story from the N64. I also think this game is absolutely beautiful, and I'm simply glad to see another 2D game coming out. Not going to proclaim it as an Earth shattering game - just a fun one. I mean c'mon man - unzipping/crumpling the landscape? That's awesome.

indeed, I thought the visuals were awesome.

#20 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:14 AM

This is my kind of eye candy. SOLD.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:16 AM

Looks interesting. I don't like that Kirby is an outline though. He should at least be a solid color. I like Kirby games so I'll probably get it.

#22 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:26 AM

Well my wife said aww a half dozen times during the trailer... They appear to have at least one sale.

#23 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:44 AM

looks like a decent game. ill wait for it too slightly drop in price :D
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#24 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Nintendo has answered my prayers and then some with this announcement. Can't wait! :D
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#25 botticus

botticus

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

I think this is my favorite Wii game showing out of the event, and I don't even really like Kirby. The influx of side-scrollers is very welcome.

#26 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

want

#27 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Woah. Kirby Adventure (NES) Japanese Commercial:

Posted Image

#28 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Holy crap at the commercial. I wonder what else Nintendo does that's been preempted by old stuff only they remember.

Posted Image

#29 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Awesome find on that commercial.

Crunchewy.png

#30 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Somebody has been sitting on that idea for decades lol. Cool find
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden