Journey™
FACT SHEET

Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: thatgamecompany
Rating: “RP” for “Rating Pending”
Release: 2011

OVERVIEW

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation®Network titles flOw & Flower® are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC’s unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.

Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience – creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

KEY FEATURES
INTUITIVE CONTROLS AND EXPERIENCE –Players with differing skill levels and/or moods can experience the game at their own pace.
LUSH AND EXPANSIVE ENVIRONMENTS – Grand landscapes filled with dynamic sand and cloth. Fully simulated sand dunes ripple and slide as players move across them.
FRESH ONLINE ADVENTURE – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with strangers that they meet along the way.

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.neogaf.co...838&postcount=1

Edited by J7., 09 February 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#2 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:15 AM

I loved Flower, and I thought FlOw was okay (I got it for free :D). This sounds really cool and I hope we can see a trailer some time.

#3 J7.

J7.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

I love the look of this game. It's almost like a Pixeljunk Adventure game.

#4 dallow

dallow

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Online aspect seems very interesting.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#5 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

Seems awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to this after Flower.
To each his own.

#6 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

Flower was a fantastic game but flOw won awards? I didn't like that game at all...

This game looks fantastic though. Can't wait!

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#7 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

http://www.facebook....150223625328068

To give a quick summary, they're holding a very limited multiplayer beta for Journey and thatgamecompany is giving away a number of codes on their facebook page:

Details on our upcoming Beta have just been announced on the U.S. PlayStation Blog - linked here:
http://blog.us.plays...-steps-post-e3/
For details of the European beta, please visit here:
http://blog.eu.plays...y-into-mystery/

In addition to the codes being given away on other sites mentioned in that post - we have a very limited number of codes to give away for players here in North America! To enter the giveaway for a code, please send an email to journeybeta@thatgamecompany.com by 7 pm PST today, Monday June 27th. Include one or two sentence describing why *you* want to participate in the Beta. We will draw & notify winners, and post an update here on Facebook when the drawing has closed!

Please note: these codes will only be redeemable through North American PlayStation Network Accounts. We are not able to give out Beta codes for other territories.

Thanks again for all your fantastic support - it’s fans like you that inspire us! Best of luck to you all.

NOTICE: We would also just like to say that we are not going to use your e-mail addresses for anything other than the purpose of giving away codes.

Also, if you do end up getting a code from Sony and from us, please notify us so we can give your code to another person. Thanks in advance!

Here are the other ways of getting in:

To test Journey’s innovative and unusual multiplayer functionality, we are conducting a small, invite-only beta that will run tomorrow, June 28 and will run through July 12. If you were one of the very earliest adopters of Flower, and you are a PS Plus subscriber as well, watch your XMB inbox for your invitation and entry into the beta. Additionally, we’ve been able to free up a limited number of additional spots for the beta. Please check thatgamecompany’s Facebook page, here on the PlayStation Blog, or our media partners and their sites for code give-aways.

We will be inviting players to join our weekly play sessions in order to help test our network code and all of the technical stuff running in the background of the game. You will also be able to provide feedback to the team on your experience. These sessions will take place on Tuesdays from 6 PM to 10 PM PST.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8 TerboNurd

TerboNurd

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

Looks so beautiful!

#9 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

I got that beta invite in my email and I was worried it was spam. Thanks to Frisky for posting his message because I skipped over their announcement on the PS Blog
Posted Image

#10 dallow

dallow

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

Played through the demo.

Very very nice. Can't wait for the full thing.
If you have trouble with it freezing on you, play offline.

#11 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

Seems to go against the point of a multiplayer beta.

#12 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

No email for me looks like I'll have to wait for the full release to play but it looks really cool!

#13 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Got my BETA....I just have to redeem it now. Hopefully I get a chance in the next day or two.

#14 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Anyone want to share? :)
Posted Image

#15 dallow

dallow

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

Seems to go against the point of a multiplayer beta.

Well, their twitter recommended it until they sort out server issues.

#16 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

Well, their twitter recommended it until they sort out server issues.

I know. I was just poking fun at the irony that they wanted the beta to stress test the servers and suggested playing offline when they were overwhelmed.

#17 dallow

dallow

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

True. :)
Better than having gamers think it's a glitchy mess though.

#18 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

Now with videos:

This is a PSN game eh? It has a serious ICO/SotC vibe to it and I'm definitely sold, but I hate buying digital games. I'd gladly pay $30 for a retail copy if they offered it. :\

I'm actually really digging the online interaction, just as I did in DS. Just grouping up randomly with no real means of communication. It feels much more natural than most MMOs/co-op games.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#19 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Tried the beta...technically, very solid. Sand looks and moves very much like the real thing (most of the time). If you start going towards out of bounds (?) the wind will pick up and start blowing you back the way you should be going. Neat.

Overall though, it's very much a fetch/go-do-this type of game. I won't give anything away, but the music is calming and the game is relaxing, but yeah, not much to do other than explore and get to various checkpoints.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#20 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Has there been any chatter about a release date yet? Seems like there has been radio silence since everyone was talking about it during beta. Figured I could use this $20 GoW3 amazon credit on some PSN cash if it's coming out soon.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#21 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ns-spring-2012/

Journey will be out next Spring.

#22 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well good, less to worry about this Christmas.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#23 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

I just read this: if it's because of a crowded holiday schedule I can understand the delay, but if it's because the game isn't ready, well, I'm kinda perplexed. They've been working on this game for like three years, which at least to me, seems like a long time to make a PSN game with a crew of 12 or more people.

#24 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

http://blog.us.plays...eps-this-march/

Journey will be out on March 13 for $14.99 as the first game in this year's Spring Fever promotion.

#25 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

http://blog.us.plays...eps-this-march/

Journey will be out on March 13 for $14.99 as the first game in this year's Spring Fever promotion.

Yeah I'm hoping there will be a PSN+ promotion of some sort, but if not, I'll get it anyway. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#26 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

I played through it (almost) twice. IMO slightly less awesome than Flower but the silent co-op is very nice dimension. I had to "write" T-R-O-P-H-Y out by running around and pressing circle in the shape of the letters the second time to get one of the co-op trophies. Glad the other person figured it out because I was looking pretty dumb otherwise. Funny how the first time I think I co-oped with someone also playing it the first time and we didn't get lost, but the second time I led my partner in a circle near the end.

#27 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Looks like you can buy and play it now if you are a PS+ member. Anyone know if there are any PS+ free trials out there or something like that? I'd love to get in on this game early, but a subscription is just a total waste.

Otherwise, non-PS+ members can pre-order the game. I'll probably end up doing that in a day or two...
prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#28 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Anybody play this? I played through it twice. Awesome "game". First time I met 8 different people and just kind of explored a lot and second time I was with one person the whole game. I enjoyed the second play through more than the first.

Only negatives I can say is I wish there was more in depth co-op, more exploration, and I wish it didn't end but otherwise an amazing and beautiful game.

#29 Mogambi

Mogambi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

I just played through this game and it is brilliant. I highly recommend it to all PS3 owners.

#30 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

This game is... Amazing!