Miyamoto shows you how to play:

Platform: Wii™
Launch Date: November 20, 2011
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: Action-Adventure
Players: 1
Developer: Nintendo

General Information:

The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword marks a turning point for The Legend of Zelda franchise. The introduction of full motion control enabled by the Wii MotionPlus™ accessory synchronizes player movements with Link’s actions while offering the most intuitive play control of any game in The Legend of Zelda franchise to date.

FEATURES:

• Thanks to the required Wii MotionPlus accessory, every movement of Link’s sword matches the player’s motion with exact precision. If players motion left to right, Link™ swings from left to right. The precision play control is applied to enemies as well, as players must contemplate strategy when battling opponents that actively try to defend against attacks.

• Wii MotionPlus puts an arsenal of items at the player’s disposal. It offers a multitude of actions with just simple, intuitive motions. Players will try their hand at firing a bow, tossing bombs and using a whip to battle enemies and solve puzzles.

• The game will also introduce a distinct new graphical style perfectly suited to the franchise’s fantastical universe, like a painting come to life.

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will offer a multitude of new game-play mechanics, giving it a refreshingly different feel from all of the past titles in the series.

Edited by ananag112, 02 September 2011 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

Here's some good pics: http://www.abload.de...214689box7t.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign....15103817344.jpg

I heard that the controls do work really well.
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#3 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

I really hope we can get rid of the controller guide on the side of the screen. It looks very annoying.
Posted Image

#4 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

I love the style, much better than Twilight Princess.

PaulManda.png

#5 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:21 AM

I really hope we can get rid of the controller guide on the side of the screen. It looks very annoying.

Me too.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#6 iRent

iRent

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:39 AM

Agreed.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#7 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

+1

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#8 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

I'm guessing the HUD is being exaggerated for the reveal. Even New Super Mario Bros Wii got fairly noticeable overhauls by the time it was released, only months after E3. Very interested to hear more information on this time as it becomes available.

Also, let's get this out of the way now. *deep breath*

RIGHT HANDED? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#9 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

They mentioned at one point that the controller guide and the current GUI was intended for the development/exhibit version. The GUI will likely be changed for the final version.

Also, some story details from the roundtable:
http://e3.gamespot.c...roundtable-live
http://wii.ign.com/a.../1098500p1.html

Spoiler

And other comments (so far)

The sky is also very important to the game, apparently.
He said when you play the game, the cloud banks are "very impactful" and they wanted to make the art style highlight them.
Apparently Miyamoto was such a fan of the art style the approval process took one step.
Miyamoto said he's a big fan of Impressionist Art, so the new art style reflects that. He said Cezanne was a big influence.

6:47: There will be lots of visual cues to identify enemy attacks and weaknesses, and the best way of relaying this to the player is through overexaggerating character designs, so full realism just wouldn't work. If we used the same graphics from Twilight Princess, the game would already be done.

He said the Wii MotionPlus offers such precision that players have to pay close attention to the enemies. For instance, the demonstrator is fighting a scorpion, and must hit its claws at specific angles.

Some OoT3D and SS talk:

# Posted 6:58 PST
He said the Wii MotionPlus will have a new pointing system that will make the Wii Remote be used like a three-dimensional mouse.

# Posted 6:57 PST
He said the pointing item system from Twilight Princess could be cumbersome because people often couldn't find the cursor on screen.

# Posted 6:55 PST
Miyamoto says the item selection process may be unfamiliar, but once players are used to it, they will get used to it.

# Posted 6:54 PST
He said that Skyward Sword will make item management and changing clothes much easier and more streamlined.

He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.

He apologizes for the long time it took to change out of iron boots going through the Water Temple.

# Posted 6:53 PST
He asks how many people have played Ocarina of Time. ALL the hands go up.

# Posted 6:52 PST
He said they also want to change the typical structure of Zelda games with Skyward Sword.

Edited by Cao Cao, 16 June 2010 - 01:58 AM.

#10 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

I was really glad to hear that the E3 demo only went poorly because of electronic interference. Looks pretty good. I loved the dark tones of Twilight Princess, and I enjoyed playing as Wolf Link. Still, Zelda games are guaranteed good times, so I'm likely in for a copy of Skyward Sword.

#11 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

This game also looks great. My oldest (9) says it's his most anticipated. I can't argue with him, though I've got to give the edge to Kirby.

#12 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

Looks great, typical of Zelda games. Can't wait to see and learn more about it.

#13 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:23 AM

I'm guessing the HUD is being exaggerated for the reveal. Even New Super Mario Bros Wii got fairly noticeable overhauls by the time it was released, only months after E3. Very interested to hear more information on this time as it becomes available.

Also, let's get this out of the way now. *deep breath*

RIGHT HANDED? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I know it's canon and all, but can you really play Zelda if Link is left-handed and you're not? I think there must be a left-handed option (if you're left-handed), so if you're a purist you can play it that way. ;)

#14 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:26 AM

I will LEARN to be ambidextrous, son!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#15 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

anyone think the name is a tongue twister?
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#16 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

The one and only thing that sucks about this game...

Spoiler

#17 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

I don't think so, skiizim. I believe it's coming out early 2011, since they wanted all year to work on this. They didn't say anything about next year as well.

#18 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

I hope they do include a handedness option. I'm not left handed, but I think the option should be there for those who are (and Strell.)

#19 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

I think I saw somebody in a video playing the demo at E3 left-handed (remote in left hand), so either there was a way to change it so it makes sense or they were just doing it anyway. I doubt they'd put it through without an option even if it doesn't have it now though.

Posted Image

#20 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

They could mirror the entire game like they did with TP

#21 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Wii motion plus should make this what TP should have been. Looking forward to it.
No matter how good looking she is, some one some where is sick of her shit.

Posted Image

#22 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:27 AM

Sorry, no left-handed mode: http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1099435p1.html

IGN: In past Zelda games, people noticed that Link was obviously left-handed. And I know that all the Zelda games are stand-alones -- but in this particular game, will there be a lefty option for left-handed people?

Aonuma:
It's interesting because people say "all you have to do is switch it." But in reality, it's really hard. You have to change all the models -- you have to make two of everything. So really you're making two complete games, one left-handed version and one right-handed version. We just can't do that. For Twilight Princess, what we did was just create a mirror -- we flipped everything. And if that worked I guess we could do it that way, but again having to create two games is not something we want to do. We just hope that people will play it right-handed.

#23 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

I'm looking forward to new Zelda title!!:)
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#24 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Sounds like mirrored would be easy to do, from what he said. (I personally don't care, but I know others do...)

#25 F-Zero

F-Zero

Show me your moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

It's not THAT big of a deal to see him right handed but it still has that feeling of being tampered with in the wrong way. And what about left handed people? Wouldn't the rest of the game be perfectly fine with a mirrored Link model? Whats the point in flipping the entire world? I really don't get it.

#26 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

They could mirror the entire game like they did with TP

I'm sure they could, but the question is if they could have both in there at the same time or not. And if they could both act differently.

They'd also have to keep the item diagrams the same otherwise it'd look really stupid. I don't get why left-handed players just don't put the Wii Remote in their left hand.

On another note, I think they changed Zelda's release date on the spot during that press conference.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#27 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Link opens a door with his right hand. Mirror Link, and his left hand is reaching for the other side of the door. Then you have to mirror the door.

#28 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

I don't get why left-handed players just don't put the Wii Remote in their left hand.

Because it's even worse to try and control the character with the analog stick in my right hand. I tried this when the Wii came out and it just didn't work - I've been wired for 25 years to play games a certain way - stick on the left, buttons on the right. I am not precise at all with the pointer because I want it in my left hand but it's not that bad to get used to. The Wii kind of sucks for lefties but I manage.

Link opens a door with his right hand. Mirror Link, and his left hand is reaching for the other side of the door. Then you have to mirror the door.

Right - we are talking about mirroring the GAME, not just the Link character model. Everything - maps, doors, etc. would all be flipped. THis is what was done in Twilight Princess.

#29 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:31 AM

I played through Metroid Prime 3 once on Normal with the Wiimote and I had no problems :S

Interesting note about Zelda: The E3 build of the game had the IR turned off. So, it was entirely Wii Motion Plus.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#30 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

Color me unimpressed. I think the dragonquest games on the ds look better and I am sure that this won't be as awesome as Mario Galaxy 2 is. I would rather play metal gear rising with real motion controls over this anyday. I'm a zelda fan but i don't see me playing this game ever because it just doesnt look very good or fun for that matter. I am sure its a little fun but it can't possibly compete with the other titles that i will be playing.
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow: