(DEAD) Blur (PS3/360) $10 at Best Buy Starting 6/20 - YMMV

• Please log in to reply
1915 replies to this topic

#1 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

In the ad for Best Buy next week, Blur is $39.99.

Next week, Blur is in the RZ Coupons for an additional $10 coupon.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263044

Also (expiring 6/30), there's the Manufacturer Coupon for an additional $20 off.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264507

Thus, YMMV since they probably shouldn't accept either or both coupons technically, you get Blur for $10.

You're welcome, and have a good day. :applause:

EDIT:

The BB coupon goes up Sunday morning.

https://myrewardzone...mersOffers.jspx

This is the GamerZone coupon page.

Edited by the_punisher, 19 June 2010 - 03:10 AM.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#2 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP, when does BB send out the $10 coupon? I rarely buy from BB but I do have a RZ card.

#3 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

Jesus, way to call all the lurkers and trolls..hopefully we don't make this a one day deal guys! While I see little problem w/ both coupons working (MFG is just like cash after all) we don't need a lot of suspicion raised. All it will take is for one manager to figure out what us 'kids' are up to, calling his DM, who will call the Regional Manager, who will tell corporate. then BAM! notice goes out to definitely take 2 coupons for the game.

Also, I wonder what the publisher of the game will think, it will be like a 450% jump in sales for just one week and then they see it sold for $10 ?!? I'd be pretty hurt if it was me, but since I'm the customer, bring it on!!

#4 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

How do I thumbs down this deal?

#5 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

This will be on SD in no time

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#6 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

Too late it's already there:hot:

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#7 mahyar1

mahyar1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

It looks like OP copied it from there :roll:. Good deal btw

http://slickdeals.ne...28#post30464928

Edited by mahyar1, 17 June 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#8 dz00mb1e

dz00mb1e

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

This is very YMMV. Highly doubt that they're going to take both coupons.
Posted Image

#9 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, it'll hit FP on Sunday since there's already a thread there. Just gotta get there early TBH.

#10 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Worth a shot. Thanks OP.

#11 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

worse comes to worse $20 is still a great deal

#12 dz00mb1e

dz00mb1e

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

worse comes to worse $20 is still a great deal

Exactly. Can't wait to pick this game up.
Posted Image

#13 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

RZ coupon does not apply towards sale items that go on sale prior to the coupon's release and cannot be combined with other discounts (manufactures coupon).

#14 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

This is very YMMV. Highly doubt that they're going to take both coupons.

The manufacturer's coupon shouldn't be a problem, unless the manager's an idiot and doesn't know how they work (which I have run into in the past elsewhere *coughgamestop*, but not at Best Buy). The RZ coupon is going to be a lot more YMMV since those actually say "not valid on sale prices" on them. Still, $20 isn't a bad price at all for a game this new.

RZ coupon [...] cannot be combined with other discounts (manufactures coupon).

They mean other Best Buy discounts, not manufacturer's coupons. Manufacturer's coupons are pretty much the same as cash to them, because the manufacturer pays them the value of the coupon, plus a processing fee (not significant, usually like 8 cents). Under no circumstances should a manufacturer's coupon affect other store sales or promotions, unless, as I noted above, the manager is an idiot and doesn't know how they work.

#15 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

The Disney coupon is not a discount. It should be considered cash by the retailer. For $20 I'm in, I don't expect BB to take the RZ coupon, but they better take the disney coupon.

#16 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

I love this game, definitely worth $20, and if you can get it for $10 even better. Most likely my BB will let me use both coupons, they have before. We will have to see on the 20th when they open.

#17 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

Doesn't the reward zone $10 off come off automatically without a coupon??

#18 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

No

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#19 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Only time I tried an RZ coupon on a sale item (Nerf N-Strike), my local store took it. We'll see.
Posted Image

#20 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Base on prior attempts, the RZ coupon will not work on Blur even if you don't use the $20 manufacturer coupon. $39.99 is the sale price and that makes the $10 RX coupon pointless for the week (when the sale is over, you can use the RZ coupon).

#21 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

The only way I would get this game is for free. It sounds like one of those frustrating racing games which I am not a fan of.

"the new racer from developer Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing), can be damn hard. The single-player Career mode in Blur features some brutal A.I. While I was desperately trying to master my drifting skills and just maneuver the game's treacherous tracks, the A.I. was busy launching attack after attack on me at the most inopportune moments. This isn't that big of a problem in the smaller races of up to 10 cars, but in the larger races with 20 opponents, chaos will ensue, making racing frustratingly difficult on the Normal skill level"

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1092354p1.html
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#22 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

You guys are all on crack, let me start a list of all the games a RZ coupon has worked on for sale items AND even sometimes clearance:

Brothers In Arms: Clearance nationally at $19.99. RZ $15 off coupon = $4.99 (This was my first ever taste of a sweet deal, so had to list)

Super Monkey Ball S&R - Sale Price to $29.99. RZ $20 off coupon = $9.99

(ok, so my list sucks, I would have to check my excel sheet at home for some more I got)

But I think you guys get the point, time and time again, RZ coupons still work when the item is on sale. NOW if they kill the coupon for the sale, then that is a whole different story. HOWEVER, since there is no $0.00 game as a result of this, I doubt very little red flags will be thrown..

Edited by token2k6, 17 June 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#23 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Super Monkey Ball S&R - Sale Price to $29.99. RZ $20 off coupon = $10.99

(ok, so my list sucks, I would have to check my excel sheet at home for some more I got)

dude, so does your math!

Hopefully, it'll be smooth sailing where the cashier scans the game, the RZ coupon, and the manufacturer's coupon.

Since I'll be trying to pick up only 1 at a time, it should be easier than having to explain to a cashier that s/he needs to scan the RZ coupon 3 times since I'm buying 3 copies of S&R. Then have him/her look at me skeptically. Then nod and say "you will scan this coupon 3 times". Then finish the transaction with a dazed look on his/her face.

It's a shame that CAGs know more about most retailers POS systems than they do.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#24 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:32 PM

I hope I get my car back from the shop this weekend :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 thegame2k3

thegame2k3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hey guys, I just signed up for the RZ gamer's club--how do I get the coupon? I can't seem to find it anywhere and am unfamiliar with how the whole process works.

#26 Haaybags

Haaybags

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

I'd consider it at $10, but $20 for this game? Nah

#27 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

dude, so does your math!

haha got me! sorry I was trying to eat at the same time while thinking about my witty post! :roll:

anyways, don't forget that the MFG coupon will not scan. So don't let them or you get frustrated if nothing is happening. They will have to press F7 after its been totaled and type in 20.00 and it should work fine. See, the beauty is that the system won't reject two 'promotional' deals at once this time. Like you'll sometimes see in a situation where coupons are rung up while the transaction is still 'live' (only example I can think of is if you're trying to use a 10% off coupon and say buying a guide and a game, it won't double dip to give you that discount on the guide, just one or the other)

god, Sunday can't get here quick enough! I'm also debating whether its worth it to definitely go for $10, like say I get shot down at one store, just go to another..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#28 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

I think BB has problems with RZ Coupons and Manu Coupons applied at the same time.

Last time I used tried to use a $10 RZ certificate and a $10 Alice in Wonderland Bluray coupon at the same time, and they had to do a return/rebuy in order to use both.

#29 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hopefully, it'll be smooth sailing where the cashier scans the game, the RZ coupon, and the manufacturer's coupon.

Unfortunately, that's never happened at my BB. They always read the fine print when I pull out more than one coupon. Then they proceed to deny the use of the RZ coupon. :P

$20 is still a deal, though. I enjoyed the multiplayer beta.

#30 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

So no one thinks there's going to be a problem with the fact the MFG coupon has "NOT VALID WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS OR DISCOUNTS" then ?

Seems like a ready made reason for denial right there.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif