Gohastings.com Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 used games

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:29 AM

Can be mixed with movies and cds apparently. Word of caution: it shows B2G1 for $1 in cart but after I placed the order it charged FULL PRICE. I'll have to call tomorrow to see if they can fix it. Deal is 6/18-6/19

Edited by kobeisgod, 18 June 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#2 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:32 AM

if this was instore also i would love it!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

forget gamestop, hastings going to take my money

#4 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:51 AM

Worked fine for me, was charged correct amount.

#5 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

Oh darn. And here I was hoping for glitches. :P

#6 iRent

iRent

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

Damn damn damn damn. First gamestop b2g1 now this. Whats worse is this has games I want in stock but shipping really hurts. And I really shouldn't be buying this week...
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#7 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:46 AM

Any promotional/Coupons codes that would work with this sale? The savings for some games are awesome as it is, but saving a little more wouldn't hurt... ;)

#8 ndcurtis

ndcurtis

Che@p Ass Person

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:01 AM

Go Hastings prices are so much better than Gamestop. And even with shipping it is still $16.00 cheaper for the exact same games.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 iRent

iRent

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:06 AM

Go Hastings prices are so much better than Gamestop. And even with shipping it is still $16.00 cheaper for the exact same games.

Yeah I know. The same combination I want is about $10 cheaper after shipping and tax. Their shipping isn't super outrageous and their stuff is usually complete. Was going to build my PSP collection but I'm broke anyway.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#10 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

Anyone know the differences in their grading? Some games are listed as Used for a certain price, and some are listed as Previously Viewed with a different price .

#11 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:12 AM

finally, yakuza 3 for less than $30. :lol:

#12 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:13 AM

Also, do they charge tax in California? I don't think I've ever seen a GoHastings store around here...

#13 sociopharm02

sociopharm02

The Pure Raw Uncut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

picked up Heavy Rain, Tiger Woods and Green Day RB, thanks OP
Posted Image

#14 Wish

Wish

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

Anyone know the differences in their grading? Some games are listed as Used for a certain price, and some are listed as Previously Viewed with a different price .

I was wondering about this as well. Any answer would be appreciated.

#15 iRent

iRent

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

Also, do they charge tax in California? I don't think I've ever seen a GoHastings store around here...

Nope, not that I remember. Just shipping.

EDIT: Just checked my last order. They definitely do not.
Posted Image

#16 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

Used are trade-ins and previously viewed are copies used as rentals.

Likely to get the little rental sticker on the clear inner ring or stickers on the case. But I'm pretty sure every previously viewed copy I've received has been a complete package (Whereas used I've had a few come with a black dvd case or missing manual.)

I've had better luck with disc condition used (With 360 games, pretty much every PS3 game I've received has been pristine, used or previously viewed.) I think you have a better chance of unused dlc codes with previously viewed, haven't really ordered many games to truly find out, but the two games with usable dlc codes I did order came unused (FIFA 10/NBA Live 10.)

Toss up in my eyes as to what's the better option. Though they have sent me rental copies when I've ordered used, so not a sure shot thing that you don't get a rental copy when buying used.

No tax in CA.

#17 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. I want to order the cheaper ones, but I'm a real sucker for having the case and manual. I'll roll the dice and take my chances.

Thanks for buying up all the Dragon Quest DS games, ya jerks.

#18 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

i've bought several used games and dvds from hastings that were unplayable and since they were the only ones i was told i was stuck with them, so buyer beware.

That blows.

They've always refunded me when I've had any issue with a game that they didn't have in stock anymore, or sent out another game if it was in stock. Few times they told me to not even bother sending in the broken game and do whatever I want with it. Got to replace some of the crappy cases I've received over time.

#19 enDyne

enDyne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:03 AM

Very nice deals here. But I've never ordered from this site, do they guarantee a case/manual with their games?

#20 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

medal of honor: Airborne
wolfenstein
dead rising

for $34 shipped, should i make any changes? dunno if im gona get it yet.

#21 ieatpoptarts

ieatpoptarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

Man, I really wish there was free shipping but their prices are so much better than Gamestop
Posted Image

#22 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

I was going to get a few more things, but the $13 shipping and $86 price tag, made me cut it down by quite a bit.

I was going to get 5 Wii (RE:UC, HotD 2&3) games and 1 PS3 game (NGS2), but dropped down to Warioland Shake It, and No More Heroes 1 & 2 (tired of waiting for a US PS3 announcement for NMH1) all for Wii.

All totaled for $35, so basically $12 a game, all used condition, so I'm hoping they show up in decent shape as all my other Hastings orders have in the past. Thanks for the heads up OP, Cheers. :)

#23 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

This store always has this sale type thing going. I love the sales they have and most times they are the cheapest for used games. The downside is they tend to send me the wrong titles or unplayable stuff to often. I might just have bad luck with them? I bought over 30 titles from them and happy with about half what i ordered. I thought gamestop was bad for used games i got from them but most of those played and i rarely ever got a wrong title. They tend to not clean the muck off the cases to from GH. When you do have a problem they always seemed to tell me what i want to hear but never fixed it until after i complained a few times. I recommend calling them over email if you do have an issue.

The prices are worth taking chances until you hit a snag. I tend to stop buying there when i do for a few months then go back for more spin the wheel of luck on them. :)

#24 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

i've had so much trouble at my local store, hell they even tried to say i didn't return a game rental. told them to pull up the video which clearly showed that i did return it, they couldn't even appologize for it, and kept trying to get me to admit to stealing it as they cleared the late fees from my account.

I am glad i am not the only one they treated me like crap when i talk to them. They are super rude and try to shop fast to get the hell out of that place when i do go local. The phone and email replies are about the same to. Oh well for the prices they got these at they got to have something bad right? I wonder who fulfills these orders for me they must be on something. I get missing disc 2 or 1 on some games or the wrong title. They tell me i am trying to scam them when i tell them.

#25 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

Honestly i think the price is nice and all, but shipping really kills (last time there was a $5 off code which offset the shipping a bit). Just add $2 for each game to the price when ordering, the 3rd game is $1+$2. If you have 2 or 3 sets (6 or 9 games), do separate orders unless the price is more or less the same.

#26 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

i dont want to spend the cash but you could get uncharted, risen and mario galaxy used for like 56 and tiv at gamestop for 83. yeah

#27 barbarbar

barbarbar

BROKE ASS GAMER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

Got Uncharted 2, Yakuza 3, and 3D Dot Heroes for $68.99 shipped. Not too bad. Thanks OP !

#28 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

I was in Hastings last night and noticed some odd sheet of coupons taped and folded to all the game consoles. I was able to open the sheet of coupons a bit through their prison system and noticed:

10% OFF COUPON THAT IS STACKING WITH B2G1!!

CODE = GAMETIME10

Now quit whining about the shipping! It is irrelevant now! ;)

-j

#29 Dillon627

Dillon627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

18 - 19?
Usually it last all weekend...

#30 rocko34

rocko34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

I have noticed alot of used games that hover around $25 to buy and are GS $25 guaranteed trade list (i.e. mario party 8) ...sssooooo Get two games you like and a filler to trade in to GS for the extra $25 trade..yippeeee