Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1898 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

New thread located here: http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
Spoiler

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
Spoiler

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
Spoiler

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
Spoiler

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JP, 19 August 2010 - 05:26 PM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.

Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
Spoiler

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
Spoiler

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
Spoiler

Can I trade-in sealed games?
Spoiler

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
Spoiler

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on games?
Spoiler

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
Spoiler

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Spoiler

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
Spoiler

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Spoiler

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Spoiler

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
Spoiler

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
Spoiler

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
Spoiler

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
Spoiler

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
Spoiler

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
Spoiler

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Spoiler

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Spoiler

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
Spoiler

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
Spoiler

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Spoiler

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 19 June 2010 - 02:40 AM.

all-banner.jpg

#3 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

:360: Microsoft Xbox 360
Spoiler

[COLOR=Gray]:wii: [/COLOR][COLOR=Gray]Nintendo Wii[/COLOR]
Spoiler

[COLOR=Gray]:ps3: Sony[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Playstation 3[/COLOR]
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 19 August 2010 - 05:02 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#4 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

:ps2: Sony Playstation 2
Spoiler

:gc: [COLOR=gray]Nintendo Gamecube[/COLOR]
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 15 August 2010 - 07:25 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#5 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

:ds: Nintendo DS
Spoiler

:psp: [COLOR=gray]Sony PSP[/COLOR]
Spoiler

:gba: [COLOR=gray]Nintendo GameBoy Advance[/COLOR]
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 19 August 2010 - 05:01 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#6 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

Ah, gotta love that new thread smell. :D Thanks, jp!

#7 Nobi-Wan

Nobi-Wan

Knifey-Spoony Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the consolidated list!

#8 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Mmmm smells nice :)
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#9 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Whats that smell?

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#10 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

tagged

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#11 Nobi-Wan

Nobi-Wan

Knifey-Spoony Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

Whats that smell?

Sorry, I must have stepped in something.

#12 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, sorry about the switch guys but the other one was already over 2500 posts and I didn't want to try and nail this down later this weekend at the rate it was going. I'm dedicated that last slot to all the questions we have specifically been getting about the slim upgrade promo. I'll work on that here in the next 15 minutes.

all-banner.jpg

#13 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Ah, nice and clean. I like it.
Posted Image

#14 Crunkking01

Crunkking01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Repost for new thread.

God, my MW2 installing on the slim sounds like a freaking buzz saw. None other games have sounded like this so far and they're two years older with more scratches. Other than that I'm fine so far. I really like the touch activated buttons and their sound effects. They make me feel like I'm in an arcade from Back to the Future 2.

#15 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

We can reduce the post counts in these threads if people would use the thread tools to subscribe to the thread itself, instead of just posting some random comment and adding it to their usercp that way. Just a thought.

#16 Two Headed Boy

Two Headed Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

New 360 Acquired!

Traded in old (read: 2006) system, 20gb HDD, few $25 Wii games, few PSP and PS2, bunch of GBA games... It all netted me $293.27

Not a bad deal at all. California taxes are a bitch, though, so I still ended up paying $38.97. I'm content!
Posted Image

#17 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

I was their waiting only one in line felt kinda dumb but the mananger there let me come into the store at 9:30 am since it was so hot out. Right at 10 am opening their UPS truck rolled up and dropped off the 4 slims they were getting. Of course I got the first one as I was walking out 4 guys were walking in with their 360's to trade in.

One of them is not going to be happy. I am very very suprised how quiet this thing is

Edited by Goodeye, 18 June 2010 - 07:46 PM.

[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#18 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

I was their waiting only one in line felt kinda dumb but the mananger there let me come into the store at 9:30 am since it was so hot out. Right at 10 am opening their UPS truck rolled up and dropped off the 4 slims they were getting. Of course I got the first one as I was walking out 3 guys were walking in with their 360's to trade in.

One of them is not going to be happy. I am very very suprised how quiet this thing is

4 slims. You and 3 other guys. Why is one not going to be happy?

#19 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

I was their waiting only one in line felt kinda dumb but the mananger there let me come into the store at 9:30 am since it was so hot out. Right at 10 am opening their UPS truck rolled up and dropped off the 4 slims they were getting. Of course I got the first one as I was walking out 3 guys were walking in with their 360's to trade in.

I think your story is missing something, wouldn't the slim you got make the total count in the store down to 3, just enough for the three guys coming in?

#20 bert90987

bert90987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

I picked up my new slim 360.
Traded in: Console $100, 20gb hard drive $30, 2 wired headsets at $5 each ($10 total).
Then used a $39.66 credit and paid for the remainder.

They tested the console with a game and wiped the system to factory settings thereby also testing the controller but did not test the hard drive (just a scan) and headsets.

When I called around 10:30am today the guy said that they were taking $50 deposits for reserving the system as long as their first shipment had not arrived yet so I hurried over and put $50 down and came back later with my trade-in console. Good luck to anybody else still looking for one.

#21 dallow

dallow

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Post.

#22 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Scored a X360 S. No extra $25 bonus for me, and I also didn't anticipate the need for a play and charge kit but they told me I needed it, so I had to pay $12 for one...all in all $200.xx credit out the door after all the stuff I traded in.

#23 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Finally got mine... I was the second in line out of the 3 people that showed up just after me.

Traded the following, values with EDGE:

1x Xbox 360 Pro, circa 2007 w/ 1 Wireless Controller - $100
1x Broken Xbox 360 Arcade, no HDMI slot (former GS refurb system) w/ 1 Wired Controller - $85
1x Wireless G Network Adapter - $44
2x Wireless Controller - $55
1x 60 GB HDD - $38.50
1x 20 GB HDD - $33.00
Refurb Fee for Broken Xbox 360 - -$35

Used Trade Total ... $355.50
Purchase Total ...... $359.74

Total Cost: $4.24

----

Forgot to bring my wired headset, or else they would have owed me a buck and some change.

The system originally added a double bonus on everything, but unfortunately the guy caught it and fixed it. It was slated to owe me $60 or so. Sigh.
MLIFTgM.gif

#24 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Think I nailed most of the questions that kept getting asked over and over in the 5th post.

all-banner.jpg

#25 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

Do they check if controllers work, because i got a wired controller that looks fine but doesn't work that well. Been wanting to get rid of it...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

Finally got a 360 slim. I went to the gamestop right by me and the guy in front of me had the last one. They said the store 15 minutes away still had 2 if I wanted to try. I called it on my way and the manager said they had one left. I get there and the employee working at the front said they were sold out but lucky for me the manager said they had one left in the back.

Manager had to call his corporate office to figure out how the hard drive trade in was going to work. He told me the only way to do it was to bring in my receipt within 7 days and I would get the upgraded trade in value for my hard drive but would only receive it as a gift card, not towards the purchase of the slim.

Kind of sucks because I thought I would only have to pay $100 bucks with my trade in stuff but ended up paying $160 because I forgot about having to buy the transfer cable.

Values:
360 system- $100 (he said they fixed it so it does not ring up as $125 anymore)
-360 charge cable- $4 with edge
-360 VGA cable- $4 with edge
-360 headset- $5.50 with edge
Other Random old games to get bonus

360 slim is way more quieter. That is worth the price of admission alone. No more jet airline taking off when you start it up. Power supply no longer makes the loud buzzing sound. Only thing I do not like is when it reads from a disc it makes a really high frequency sound.

#27 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

Do they check if controllers work, because i got a wired controller that looks fine but doesn't work that well. Been wanting to get rid of it...

They check all the buttons.

Don't be a douche and trade in broken stuff as 'working fine'.
MLIFTgM.gif

#28 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

I think its YMMV, the dude I traded with just asked, "everything is working" and I said "yes"...he checked warranty seals and that was that. I never even got asked for an ID.

#29 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

They check all the buttons.

Don't be a douche and trade in broken stuff as 'working fine'.

chill man, i'm trying to be a CAG here :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Updated lists and database. I made sure to get the last few sets of posted values from the last thread as well.

all-banner.jpg