Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box - $18.11 @ Sam's Club IN-STORE - YMMV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Amneisac

Amneisac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

I just picked up Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box at Sam's Club for $18.11. I loved the first one (which I also got on sale at Sam's way back) so I wanted to get this one, too.

#2 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:33 AM

Wonderful series.

#3 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Agreed totally. I'm looking forward to the next installment: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. :-o Can you even imagine how the series will be when it moves to the 3DS? The puzzles are already delightful in 2D, I can't even imagine the insanity that Level 5 will come up with the addition of depth and 3-Dimensional Space.

#4 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

I've never seen the love for this series. Awful puzzles and terrible, Level-5 brand writing. If this came out on the PC absolutely nobody would even notice it.

#5 Amneisac

Amneisac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

I don't see what's terrible about the puzzles, they're pretty tried and true puzzles, it's not like Level 5 invented them all. Of course no one would play it on PC, first of all the stylus control is essential, and secondly, it's not a game you sit and play straight through, I just play it for 30 minutes at a time before I go to sleep at night.

#6 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

I don't see what's terrible about the puzzles, they're pretty tried and true puzzles, it's not like Level 5 invented them all. Of course no one would play it on PC, first of all the stylus control is essential, and secondly, it's not a game you sit and play straight through, I just play it for 30 minutes at a time before I go to sleep at night.

I play it straight through. I just can't stop. I was at E3 when Diabolical Box was announced, and the Nintendo rep told me that I just missed the series creator, who was over watching people play. I wanted to shake that man's hand.

#7 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

I've never seen the love for this series. Awful puzzles and terrible, Level-5 brand writing. If this came out on the PC absolutely nobody would even notice it.

People still play PC? =P

#8 RoyalT7

RoyalT7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

OMG I love this game.

#9 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

If this came out on the PC absolutely nobody would even pay for it.

Fixed!

Thanks OP, will have to swing by Sam's and check this out. Loved the first.
Posted Image

#10 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

I feel sorry for you.

#11 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Bah, so many deals on Diabolical Box, but Curious Village seems stuck around $30.