Photo
- - - - -

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger 360/PS3 19.98 @ Gamestop.com (coupon code friendly)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

360 version
PS3 version

19.98 + tax + shipping (2.99) unless you can get your total up to $25 (use code saver if it doesn't zero out shipping automatically). I filled with a $10 gift card and applied a $10 coupon to get BlazBlue and a $10 GC for ~$21. Not too terrible if you haven't picked it up yet.

Note that their website is still being oopserific right now, but just keep going back to your cart and through the checkout process and it'll eventually work.

Found via the good 'ol CAG price tracker.

#2 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

Nice, been waiting for it to go back down to $20 so I could get it for $10~

#3 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

$13.78 with shipping after $10 GC from previous promo...I'm down w/ that. Thanks, OP

#4 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Great game and great deal, but the upgrade (Continuum Shift) comes out next month @ $39.99 new. Personally if you've waited this long, I'd go for the newer version.

Regardless, it's still a great game.

#5 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Awesome deal! I already got the game but maybe if a nice promo code comes around I can have a sealed version too.

But yea Continuum Shift comes out in just a few months it might just be worth waiting for that.

#6 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the notification, OP. Yeah, there's a new one coming out, but it'll take a long while for it to go down to a price I'd be willing to pay.

Ordered w/ a $10 coupon and the NEW15 code to get it for $10.81 shipped.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#7 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the notification, OP. Yeah, there's a new one coming out, but it'll take a long while for it to go down to a price I'd be willing to pay.

Ordered w/ a $10 coupon and the NEW15 code to get it for $10.81 shipped.

Hmm, I can't get my $10 coupon to stack with new15 on this. That a $10 coupon that you got for a purchase of another game?

Edit: PS3 version?

#8 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

A lot of people saying to hold out for Continuum Shift haven't played Calamity Trigger. In my opinion, the story is very in-depth and incredibly enjoyable, ESPECIALLY in a fighting game, and Continuum Shift's story might not make much sense if you never played Calamity Trigger. If you've got a $10 coupon to burn, ~$10 after it and NEW15 is a STEAL, and you should consider it.

#9 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hmm, this is odd (did we expect anything else from GS?): new15 will stack with a $10 coupon for the 360 version, but not for the PS3 version. At least, that's what I'm getting out of it.

#10 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

A lot of people saying to hold out for Continuum Shift haven't played Calamity Trigger. In my opinion, the story is very in-depth and incredibly enjoyable, ESPECIALLY in a fighting game, and Continuum Shift's story might not make much sense if you never played Calamity Trigger. If you've got a $10 coupon to burn, ~$10 after it and NEW15 is a STEAL, and you should consider it.

I second this, story mode is the main reason why I'm getting Continuum Shift on release date instead of waiting for a price drop like I usually do.
Posted Image

#11 icp_00_111

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

I am having trouble stacking New15 and 10 off coupon for the 360 version also.

#12 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

I am having trouble stacking New15 and 10 off coupon for the 360 version also.

I was able to do it fine for the 360 version. But not the PS3 version.
Edit: Well, I was. Not getting it now.
Correction: I get 15% off of ONE of them if I add both the PS3 and 360 versions. But not if I just have one or the other. Shrugs, who knows how this thing works.

#13 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

Wishing I had a 10 dollar coupon right about now. *cries*
Posted Image

where scoob

#14 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hate to keep posting, but I think I've figured it out. Here's how you can get new15 to stack with the $10 coupon code. Add a preorder first (I did Blazblue: Continuum Shift). Then add Calamity Trigger. You should now see -$10 for the coupon code, and -$3 for Calamity Trigger. Then you should be able to cancel your preorder at some point before release (I don't forsee any problem with that. Your preorder should show up as full price in your order).

The $10 coupon code seems to mark the first item in your cart over $10 as not being eligible for new15, but every other item in your cart stacks with it.

Edit: Anyone know how canceled preorders affect "saver"? Do you get charged shipping retroactively if the canceled preorder brings your total below $25?

#15 regdent

regdent

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

thanks op i was looking for a way to get rid of the crappy 10$ coupon. i did what you did and got a gift card with free shipping. Quality

#16 SpoDaddy

SpoDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

A lot of people saying to hold out for Continuum Shift haven't played Calamity Trigger. In my opinion, the story is very in-depth and incredibly enjoyable, ESPECIALLY in a fighting game, and Continuum Shift's story might not make much sense if you never played Calamity Trigger.

The idea of buying fighting games for their stories sickens me.
Posted Image

#17 folkmojo

folkmojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Damn......360 version "Not currently available online". Sent it off to Amazon, maybe they will match it.

#18 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hmmm, gamestop canceled my order (I presume because I used the gift card filler and as a result the $10 coupon took part of the value off of the gift card). Now the 360 version is out of stock so I can't reorder. Funny that this would happen the one time I was actually not trying to take advantage of them.

#19 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I was AFK for a while.

It was the 360 version. I got a $10 off coupon code (no minimum, but an order less than $10 would forfeit the remainder) for the earlier Tatsunoko vs. Capcom deal...but I had to email them after it didn't show 5 weeks after my order. It was a letter-first code, so I was pretty happy about that since it seems like everyone (myself included) was having issues with number-first codes. I entered the $10 coupon code first and NEW15 second. Took off $10 and $3, no problem. I did not have to add anything else to the cart or perform any tricks for it to accept both codes.

#20 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

The idea of buying fighting games for their stories sickens me.

You've obviously not played Blazblue's story, or you're too stuck up to give it a chance. The characters have intriguing backstories, and the story is very self aware. It's the only fighting game where I've really enjoyed the story telling aspect of it and not just the lore surrounding it.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#21 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Anyone getting the PS3 version? I need some motivation to get through the 350 online matches required for the trophies.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#22 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:44 AM

Is there any place where I can get the Limited Edition?

#23 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:33 AM

Is there any place where I can get the Limited Edition?

Last time I checked, 3d party sellers on Amazon had a few.

#24 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:52 AM

Isn't BlazBlue Continuity Shift or something coming out in the next month, which is just this game but better/added stuff?
I hear you saying it has a different story, but is there going to be different tophies? Im trying to talk myself into buying this but I already have blazblue cs reserved for 10 off for $32. Unless there is a whole different set of trophies or something i will just pay 20 more and get the advanced version in a month.
Is the Calamity Trigger story going to be unavailable to play in the 2nd? or will it have both?
well, bestbuy tiv gives $11. so i might as well try it out as a rental/refresher before the psuedosequel comes out, keep it if i love it, thanx ! :)

found the new trophy list - http://www.succesful...&l=fr&JeuID=913
and the old - http://www.ps3trophi...blazblue/guide/

so being the trophy whore i have become, i will not get both... lol. thanx!

Edited by Velo214, 26 June 2010 - 04:34 AM.

#25 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Isn't BlazBlue Continuity Shift or something coming out in the next month, which is just this game but better/added stuff?
I hear you saying it has a different story, but is there going to be different tophies? Im trying to talk myself into buying this but I already have blazblue cs reserved for 10 off for $32. Unless there is a whole different set of trophies or something i will just pay 20 more and get the advanced version in a month.
Is the Calamity Trigger story going to be unavailable to play in the 2nd? or will it have both?
well, bestbuy tiv gives $11. so i might as well try it out as a rental/refresher before the psuedosequel comes out, keep it if i love it, thanx ! :)

found the new trophy list - http://www.succesful...&l=fr&JeuID=913
and the old - http://www.ps3trophi...blazblue/guide/

so being the trophy whore i have become, i will not get both... lol. thanx!

New achievements/trophies, new story, new characters, re-balanced gameplay, plus a bunch of new modes. You'll still be able to play online but I'm sure the community is going to die down since most players will be moving to CS.

#26 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

oops, my bad. lol. i meant i will 'now' get both. not not get both... im too rushed these days! i need to chill more n play more games. take it easy

#27 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:44 AM

Both versions are OOS.
Posted Image

where scoob

#28 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

for those that ordered have any of your orders gone through? my order is still pending from like 3 days ago. hopefully they are just busy or something, i didnt order anything crazy. i did use a $10 coupon tho so i better get that back if they cancel it for some odd reason. maybe they just sold more new copies than they had and are waiting to restock. idk

#29 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

for those that ordered have any of your orders gone through? my order is still pending from like 3 days ago. hopefully they are just busy or something, i didnt order anything crazy. i did use a $10 coupon tho so i better get that back if they cancel it for some odd reason. maybe they just sold more new copies than they had and are waiting to restock. idk

My order still on pending since the first day of this thread. I also have used demon soul on pending for a week now. I also used 10 dollars coupon each order.

#30 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Got my copy of BlazBlue today. Ordered on the 25th, shipped on the 25th according to the tracking number. I didn't get the order shipped confirmation email until last night, though.