Photo
- - - - -

Blacklight: Tango Down(XBLA) - 1200 points

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Josh80491

Josh80491

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

Blacklight: Tango Down is a FPS being released tomorrow for the XBLA. It is mainly multiplayer focused with a few Co-op missions.

It includes:
12 multiplayer maps.

Great weapon customization

7 Different gametypes

4 Co-op missions.

Some footage and developer interviews about the game are up to see on the xbox live arcade at the moment.

#2 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

It really does look interesting as it caught my attention when the first video came out on the Marketplace 2 months ago. This has the potential to be the Battlefield 1943 of the summer of 2010, but I wonder how it will sell given it's a new IP vs. the established Battlefield name.

It's already superior to Battlefield 1943 in terms of content, and they have promised if it sells well to produce more content, unlike 1943 which EA has just left to gather dust.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#3 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

The trailers make the game look awesome, I can't wait for this to come out. Just hope that it's got a healthy amount of people to support the online MP.

#4 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

Oh yea. Will be buying this one right away. Hope it doesn't turn out to be crapola.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#5 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

I'll check out the trial tomorrow, but still its online only so if the community sucks or is non-existent then the game will suffer.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6 cheko

cheko

Support Our Troops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Anybody else as pissed as I am about PSN releasing this title Late ... YET AGAIN F**KING SONY LAGGING BEHIND MICRO WTF!!!...its not like i cant get the game, I own every system. But F**k i'm sick of buying stuff off xbla because its up there first ... im too impatient ... then if i want something new off psn I have to buy one of their suck ass psn exclusives... o well ... point being i want this game bad preferably on the ps3 ...but should be awesome

Edited by cheko, 07 July 2010 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:37 AM

Apparently you can buy this for GFW and get another set of 200/200 achievement points

#8 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

If you buy PSN plus it just means you have to wait longer for all the content. The wait time on PSN pisses me off too.

#9 silversnake5

silversnake5

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:52 AM

I'm excited for this, specially since it's supposed to be only $15. I hope the game/community is as good as it looks like it could be.
Posted Image

I will be your wingman. Even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up-Tobias Funke

#10 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:24 AM

Anybody else as pissed as i am about PSN releasing this title Late ... YET AGAIN F**KING SONY LAGGING BEHIND MICRO WTF!!!...its not like i cant get the game because i own every system but F**k im sick of buying stuff off xbla because its up there first ... im to impatient ... then if i want something new off psn it got to buy one of thier suck ass psn exclusives... o well ... point being i want this game bad preferably on the ps3 ...but should be awesome

It's not always sony's fault, Microsoft is known to entice developers into time exclusive contracts.

#11 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

Will demo

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 cheko

cheko

Support Our Troops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

It's not always sony's fault, Microsoft is known to entice developers into time exclusive contracts.

yea i know, i'm just angry about it because it's so constant. anyway, i hope the community is good to0. When Cellfactor came out it had potential then the community died... i use to have a blast on that game it was like unreal mixed with halo....for the price of 10$ made it so worth the buy and that much more fun.

Posted Image

#13 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

I bought t today and so far, it's pretty cool. With the suits and game chatter, it reminds me a lot of F.E.A.R.

#14 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Does it have a campaign mode, or is it straight up MP?

#15 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

No campaign but it does have some co-op missions. Not sure how long that is since I haven't played it yet.

#16 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

Cool...thanks for the quick reply. I was up late last night and I was hoping to at least try it before bed but as of 3am PT it was still not up. I'll be sure to try it out tonight.

#17 cheko

cheko

Support Our Troops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

yea usually things arent up til about 10 am the day of .... atleast in my time zone NA eastern time

Posted Image

#18 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

It actually has online play for the demo. It isn't a bad game at all.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#19 Daywalker

Daywalker

KNOW YOUR RANK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

It's a good game, but the one thing that bothers me is not being able to play with a party unless it's a Private Match. In Quick Match, you can invite your friends, but it's not guaranteed that you will be on the same team.
Posted Image

#20 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

It's a good game, but the one thing that bothers me is not being able to play with a party unless it's a Private Match. In Quick Match, you can invite your friends, but it's not guaranteed that you will be on the same team.

This is what made me not buy the game.

#21 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

Thats a real shame... how else do you want to play this if not with friends?

#22 DrSodaberg

DrSodaberg

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

Honestly that doesn't bother me, because I usually have more fun killing my friends, and then working together next match etc. Nothing's better than hearing your buddy scream profanities at you for having skillz, and then wreaking havoc together.

#23 DrSodaberg

DrSodaberg

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:19 AM

Okay, I dled the trial and gave it a swing. I hated the Black Ops thing, I hate the superfluous visuals, and I hate this game. The multi was alright, but I have to rely on people to be good at shooters and think tactically, and that's just asking too much. I hate people. This game also has maps where you can fall to your death. When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself? The menus for the loadouts and such are confusing at first, and it's just not nice to look at. Save your money for something more fun, like getting mugged.

#24 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

Okay, I dled the trial and gave it a swing. I hated the Black Ops thing, I hate the superfluous visuals, and I hate this game. The multi was alright, but I have to rely on people to be good at shooters and think tactically, and that's just asking too much. I hate people. This game also has maps where you can fall to your death. When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself? The menus for the loadouts and such are confusing at first, and it's just not nice to look at. Save your money for something more fun, like getting mugged.

i want to buy it just to spite this post.

id rather have it on pc, ill give the demo a go and see if any of my friends are picking it up on xbla
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#25 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

I have to rely on people to be good at shooters and think tactically, and that's just asking too much.

When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself?

You mean "think tactically" like "look for holes so you don't fall the Fuck down them?"

#26 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

you mean "think tactically" like "look for holes so you don't fall the Fuck down them?"

lol

#27 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

You mean "think tactically" like "look for holes so you don't fall the Fuck down them?"

Maybe that's why it's called Tango Down? :D

#28 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

Thats a real shame... how else do you want to play this if not with friends?

it really is a shame. they can create a game. know coding, are people who have minds, YET they cant include or fathom the idea of including a way to play with friends online (party) ala lost planet 2

#29 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

Wasn't really feeling this game, it's competent but there's too many good shooters out there to compete with.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 kevlar51

kevlar51

eats babies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Played some of the demo. If I wanted a game with lofty controls that looked like Killzone 2, I'd buy Killzone 2 (and the dual shock 3 will take care of the rest).

Thumbs down from me.